Rough Ride Ahead

Guest DntRgeQt

Ripple on uptrend now silly. May also never see it go much lower again.

Edited by DntRgeQt

1 hour ago, DntRgeQt said:

Ah no... We are technically are still in a very long (two months) down trend. 

This little move has just squeaked  by the short term down trend line (three days)

The activation of SegWit through the UASF is a guarantee at this stage. SegWit2x may have the hashpower right now, but it is only “intent to signal,” and not an official commitment whatsoever. SegWit2x needs at least 80% hashpower support to become successful. It only takes one decently sized pool to stop signaling and that plan will fall dead in the water. An alternative solution would be for miners to stop mining on pools supporting this solution and effectively reduce the hashrate supporting SegWit2x.

Even though there is a very real chance we will see competing blockchains, there is no reason to think more than one chain will survive for long. From an economic perspective, damaging Bitcoin is the last thing any sane person wants to do right now. One thing is for sure; move your bitcoins to a private wallet of which you alone control the private keys. Do so well before July 31st and wait to move them again until things settle down. August 1st will be a hectic day, and the future is still uncertain. We may see a very different Bitcoin come August 2nd.

24 minutes ago, s1buell said:

Read this. Panic could set in. I wonder what will happen to pairs things go bad.

https://hackernoon.com/casual-bitcoin-users-you-need-to-know-about-aug-1st-d568e07418cb

important articles these, thanks

the average joe who doesn't really get the tech but has made an investment is basically clueless as to what's coming

i really hope the "consumer" doesn't get screwed here while all the techies and geeks know how to avoid the worst

9 hours ago, Eric123 said:

@s1buell yeah but the initial price drop on that chart was when BTC appreciated significantly.  I'm not saying BTC doesn't have it's problems but why if I understand what you're saying.  You expect XRP to perform worse than BTC because of BTC's scaling problems??  Right??

3 hours ago, zerpdigger said:

important articles these, thanks

the average joe who doesn't really get the tech but has made an investment is basically clueless as to what's coming

i really hope the "consumer" doesn't get screwed here while all the techies and geeks know how to avoid the worst

On my XBT. Don`t have much right now (all in pairs) I will move to cash soon and watch the storm. Again It could go the other way who knows. But I know my cash is more stable during these times.

But man things are on fire tonight!!!! everything is up..... Joy before the...... crazy time in coin land.

Edited by s1buell

12 hours ago, Eric123 said:

@s1buell If you think BTC is going to crap the bed, and maybe it will - why would ripple go down in relation to BTC ????

So you've never noticed any parallels between BTC movement and XRP trends?

For BTC pairs, should be no news or update or press release or anything to drive the market, BTC is firmly in control of trajectory.

ytSJap.gif

XRP BTC overlay.png

8 hours ago, DntRgeQt said:

We are currently in a BTC driven uptrend, within a much larger, and very obvious down trend.  Don't make fun of my crayons, but this chart should help clear up any misconception.

XRP downtrend.png

12 minutes ago, DntRgeQt said:

No misconception here. Bought ripple at .03 blasted to space. I'm rich now.  Sold half. Holding other half. Going to happen again. But it's going to be very turbulent.

Awesome! Congrats! Now that you're rich perhaps you could afford to pay a little attention........cause unless the following is someone else posting under your account....

9 hours ago, DntRgeQt said:

.... I'd say that qualifies as a whopper of a misconception...both parts. 

We will definitely see it go lower as bitcoin goes through this teething phase.  In fact, the whole market is gonna drop like a rock here in a few short hours....right after BTC hits somewhere in the neighborhood of 2480usd.

Edited by Texaschris

Guest DntRgeQt

Still holding. Still getting same results ;P

Edited by DntRgeQt
Revealed I'm a millionaire.

15 hours ago, s1buell said:

I`m not going to put up some more charts that will mean nothing due to the effects of other events about to take place. However Aug 1 is coming quick and…….

“Bitcoin Scaling Proposal Segwit2x's Testnet Forks

Controversial bitcoin scaling proposal Segwit2x's testnet forked yesterday, creating two different and incompatible testnets, a bad sign for the upcoming scaling update. Nodes running older bitcoin software continued on as they normally would but nodes running the new Segwit2x code stalled at block 27070 for over 20 hours as a result of the issue. Reactions were mixed, with some dismissing the controversial scaling proposal for perceived lingering issues, while others defended the misstep as only a small stumbling block that wouldn't happen during a live deployment.”

Segwit2x is not doing so well as guessed. In short this could cause XBT to take a nice retrace. You can also guarantee there is a lot of money sitting on side lines ready to enter if they can solve the scaling solution. It my view and always has been Sigwit is nothing more than a patch that adds little if any value. Side chains would solve more…. In my view but I’m here to talk about XBT solutions

Ether also ran into network issues again…..

Now let`s look at XRP. We have nothing on the table for July and I believe August will be the same. We are in a sustained down trend. Overall market is in a slump. We have a big bang that is going to come there is no doubt in my mind. We will hit the next ATH fib but this will not be until after Aug IMO.

Putting this all together I thing we are going to see a bit of a melt down in XRP and the market in general. I personally have everything ready to enter the blood filled rooms and see what is ripe for the picking.

I believe we will see the .00005000`s again if not a bit lower. My bids are in.

Thoughts?

Just picking up on the general temperature of this place, I'd say most here will write this off as fud and counter with some type of anecdotal what if.  I think you're spot on....in fact, I'm betting money on it.

In an easy shakeout I have us @ 2k. Issues @ 1700.....worst case 1100 usd before we turn the corner.....and the alt world will go down kicking, screaming and wondering why.  I'll be waiting to scoop up some cheap zerps.

Guest DntRgeQt

People try too hard in an unpredictable Market that is only  going upwards no matter how many dips.  Holding has never lost me a dime.. Even when bitcoin crashed the first time. I was still a holder.

“Our favorite holding period is forever.” warren buffet

Be one of us.

Edited by DntRgeQt
Selling a BIT to buy some new toys doesnt hurt either...