Graine

Let's make Community XRP/RCL quarterly report?

Our community boasts a wide variety of skilled people. While we are waiting for Miguel & Co., perhaps, someone would be interested in making a report of our own?

If you are interested:

• What points would you like the report to cover?
  • What should the report have most - stats/chart, time-line of press releases vs price fluctuations, etc?
  • Will you be interested to take part in writing it or just reading? :)

Thought to post it in off-topic, but it's not exactly off-topic. 

20 minutes ago, Graine said:
  • What should the report have most?

Graphics. Lots and lots of graphics.

I think it's a great idea. I will happily review formatting, grammar, etc. Will need some smarter eggs to smash out the content.

Great idea. The report should include ripple's developments during the quarter,  xrp price movements, roi during the quarter, xrp accounts created during quarter, technical advancements, third party use creation, miguels report, important annoumcements, events attended, new exchanges and then expecations in quarter 3. But should not include price prediction. I will offer my help in this report and @Hodor im sure will help.

You can find accounts created and other info here: www.bithomp.com

follow XRP sales / distribution at ~XRP-II maybe follow jed's ~tacostand sales?

Yeah throw in all the XRP related news like new exchanges, crypto funds / markets added, PoCs, ICOs, live commercial products implementations and partnerships...

Market cap charts for XRP and compared to other crypto, share percentage of total cap... 

Edited by rippleric

1 hour ago, TB73 said:

I will offer my help in this report and @Hodor im sure will help.

Absolutely!

2 hours ago, Graine said:
  • What points would you like the report to cover?
  • What should the report have most - stats/chart, time-line of press releases vs price fluctuations, etc?
  • Will you be interested to take part in writing it or just reading? :)

I can take part in writing some of it. 

First, this is an excellent idea, @Graine.  I think the community should rightfully do its own XRP report to cover historical periods; while the company does a fine job of producing their own, an 'investor-oriented" report for those of us that own XRP would have a different target audience, and different goals, by definition.

I think there is definitely a place for historical price analysis, as well as liquidity and volume statistics.

44 minutes ago, rippleric said:

You can find accounts created and other info here: www.bithomp.com

I think there is definitely an appetite in the xrpchat reader community for seeing the ability to quickly identify "the largest sellers" during a specific time frame, as well as "the largest buyers."  Inquiring minds definitely want to know; If it's on the XRP Ledger, then it should be publicly accessible and fair game for analysis, IMO.  bithomp has excellent APIs developed; xrp charts is great as well. 

Originally, I've been thinking of something like this [see screenshots attached].

Sadly, kind sirs who made this app didn't want to share it, so if anyone is proficient enough in qlik or other visualization software - welcome.  

12 hours ago, Greeny said:

We should have a section called "Debunking Coindesk's Lie of the Month".

I can see how fast Silbert is coming with a lawsuit against the authors of the report, and XRPChat as a site where it was first published. Perhaps "Dispelling popular myths" would convey more peaceful message.

12 hours ago, TB73 said:

The report should include ripple's developments during the quarter,  xrp price movements, roi during the quarter, xrp accounts created during quarter, technical advancements, third party use creation, miguels report, important annoumcements, events attended, new exchanges and then expecations in quarter 3.

• ripple's developments during the quarter,       - unless you are an insider, we'll be limited to public data
  • xrp price movements, roi during the quarter, - can be done. ROI as in Quarter end's price vs start?
  • xrp accounts created during quarter,               - as long as the ledger are present for the needed time-frame. Can be done as a count, or even list them all in addendum(?)
  • technical advancements,                                      - amendments activated(?) during the time. I might not be the best to address this  
  • third party use creation,                                        - as in FlashFX, RCL ICOs?
  • miguels report,                                                          - Probably put in the Executive Summary? Depends when our reports come out.  
  • important announcements,                                - Ripple press-releases?
  • events attended,                                                     - XRPChat calendar?
  • new exchanges                                                      - Probably a sub-set of announcements
  • and then expectations in quarter 3.             -...?
11 hours ago, rippleric said:

XRP-II does not always conform to the numbers issued in distribution reports. Would be interesting to analyze it though. Any volunteers?

11 hours ago, rippleric said:

Market cap charts for XRP and compared to other crypto, share percentage of total cap... 

Won't be precize. CMC sometimes drops listing the exchanges that don't conform to their standards. Data mining it ourselves would be difficult. 

10 hours ago, Hodor said:

"the largest sellers" during a specific time frame, as well as "the largest buyers." 

That's form data api v2. We'll need someone proficient in it. 

@ALL Wow, the amount of work to be done might be that of a term paper or a thesis (~30-100 pages, depending on graphics). 

Big question though:

1. How are we going to organize it?
  2. What platform should we use (if any): google docs, slack(?)
  3. Should we predefine the areas per person or make it "take what you like" and then share what we did?
  4. What time-frame should we base it on? I know you are busy people.

example.png

C4JdYI_WQAA8lio[1].jpg

29 minutes ago, Graine said:

Big question though:

1. How are we going to organize it?
  2. What platform should we use (if any): google docs, slack(?)
  3. Should we predefine the areas per person or make it "take what you like" and then share what we did?
  4. What time-frame should we base it on? I know you are busy people.

Good questions.  I can volunteer to help with some of the sections, but if I'm writing about some aspects that you list, it would be helpful to have a way to get it peer reviewed by different individuals.  I'd like to ask @Mercury if he would be one of those folks. 

The other section is "community-led development efforts" which I think have the potential to be good forward-looking articles that might significantly impact price in upcoming quarter(s). 

The other "devil's advocate" question is "should we keep the scope very narrowly about price movements, so we can finish this thing in a reasonable amount of time?" If we shave off some of those other ideas due to this narrowing of scope, we might be able to finish it quicker.  And usually documents with a more narrowly defined purpose get "read" more.  Just throwing this out there as a question. 

I like the idea in general, but I do have some 'concerns'. In the past when a ripple universe roundup was discussed it quickly fizzled for a few reasons.

1. Authors as volunteers are busy and maintaining a consistent quality throughout is difficult (if there is a retired editor XRPChat user that would be awesome)
  2. Getting fresh content is tough, the space is small plus it is dominated by Ripple which leads to-
  3. Ripple already releases most of the information that would be included. Essentially we would be repacking a lot of existing press releases, quarterly reports, etc.
  4. Most relevant topics that would be packaged have been discussed and debated on the forum. Bringing something new to the table would be tough.
  5. Divergent of 'brain trust' materials. Some members such as [mention=127]Hodor[/mention] have started their own blog, or [mention=39]KarmaCoverage[/mention] who has had his published in a trade magazine. In a perfect world a report would feature such insight materials as the main articles, but they are already in other places.
Leaving out Ripples own materials and limiting content to small commentary leaves graphics and visuals as the main selling point. This limits the work of creating such graphics to a small  handful of users who know how to , and may not be sustainable.

Some ideas of other content we can include:

1. We can include the debates (like the one [mention=127]Hodor[/mention] and [mention=180]Tikrp[/mention] took part in) to the round up.
  2. A 20/20 hindsight analysis
  3. Perhaps every other edition can be a closer look at various locations around the world (a closer look at Japan, a users perspective from the region, impact, etc.)
  4. Technical tips and tricks, think ripple wallet hacks and little used features to appeal to our technical members.
  5. A 'write in guide', small column sized guide to ripple answering the most frequent questions
  6. Our community in relation to others (think ambassador outreach), with ILP we will be rubbing more shoulders. Could highlight some assets now featured on Ripple like the ones Gatehub Fifth has introduced
  7. Interviews or brief bios with some in the industry, gateway operators, less known ripple employees, etc. [mention=2216]TiffanyHayden[/mention] can chase them down [emoji14]
  8. Heck- random contests
  9. etc.
Perhaps having alternating features would spread the burden of content creation. Quarter 1 can have three of the above, Q2 can the next three and so one.

Figure it takes 100 hours to put together a quality 1/4ly report, at the cost of $25/hr.

If you cam sell 100 reports per 1/4 you can breakeven. Better yet, presell those 100, and charge $50 for non-early buyers. Give people a discount for buying the full year.

Ripple does good with their blog, bit I assure you that when you are the owner talking aboit yourself, you lose a touch of credibility. 

If there were an independent report, that credibility could be maintained. I see a nascent market need, but there are plenty bitcoin related blogs.

I ("we") can run relatively complex queries (e.g. top N XRP holders on RCL, identification of RCL market makers, etc.) and do a complex statistical analysis (using e.g. the RCL price as time series) + graphics in R/Python (+ Wolfram Mathematica).

However, I would need relatively detailed specs and someone to write a commentary and/or interpret this data.

14 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

If there were an independent report

by holders of xrp?! ;)

18 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

by holders of xrp?! ;)

Sure. It is no different than your standard trade or local business journal. Trade journals focus on a specific trade, market or profession and market to those same fields. The idea is that those in those fields would appreciate a more in depth or explanatory researched coverage of their immediate are of concern and to keep abreast of happenings that would affect them at large.

The only issue for this endeavour is that this particular market is very very very small- the ones most interested in reading such a production are probably those that would contribute :P

28 minutes ago, Mercury said:

The only issue for this endeavour is that this particular market is very very very small- the ones most interested in reading such a production are probably those that would contribute :P

Small, but growing, and financial topics require specific expertise, so the content can demand a premium for quality.

One feature that might be of interest is a Gateway/ Exchange rating and tracking. I know in the past similar endeavours (was it called the international ripple business bureau?) failed due to funding among other reasons. Having it part of something else can be mutually beneficial.