What is your XRP exit strategy for XRP?

What is your exit strategy for XRP?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. At what price you will step out of XRP?

• > 0.01
    • > 0.02
    • > 0.05
    • > 0.1
    • > 0.2
    • > 0.5
    • > 1
    • > 2
    • > 5
    • > 10

Well, $10 would make my 500,000 XRP worth $5 Million dollars.  After paying Capital Gains tax I would be left with over $2.5 Million dollars which depending where you decide to live could be enough to live off for the rest of your life provided that its spent responsibly and very moderately and most importantly that you keep your mouth shut and dont tell your friends you have such money :D

In the other token, $10/XRP would make people like Jed, IF he is still holding billions of XRP's at that time, the richest persons in the whole wide world.  Lets just say 5 Billion XRP's at 10$ each is $500 Billion dollars.

1 hour ago, FNetV1 said:

Well, $10 would make my 500,000 XRP worth $5 Million dollars.  After paying Capital Gains tax I would be left with over $2.5 Million dollars which depending where you decide to live could be enough to live off for the rest of your life provided that its spent responsibly and very moderately and most importantly that you keep your mouth shut and dont tell your friends you have such money :D

In the other token, $10/XRP would make people like Jed, IF he is still holding billions of XRP's at that time, the richest persons in the whole wide world.  Lets just say 5 Billion XRP's at 10$ each is $500 Billion dollars.

5 billion x 10 is 50 billion dollars.  Bill Gates is worth around 80 billion.

10 seems a crazy high number. It's all pure speculation. For me the best guess i can make is based on the the following thought: If a crypto token ever becomes a wildly popular as a bridge currency it will derive it's value from the value it's going to transport. The purpose of a bridge currency is to move value around, it therefore has to have the ability to hold value of the amount it wants to transport.

So, in a future scenario, let's say XRP moves around USD 50 billion per day. Let's further assume that 50% of all XRP are available to the market, the rest is locked up. If XRP 50bn have to represent USD 50bn the rate would be 1 XRP/USD. The factor 1 is unrealistic i guess because the same XRP could be used to make several transactions per day. What do u think would be a realistic factor? 0.5 ( = 0.5 XRP/USD) ? 0.1 ( = 0.1 XRP/USD)?

You would need to include the implications of other use cases like speculation of bagholders like us to make a good guess about the future price. 

Is this a reasonable thought? I'm just thinking out loud, correct me if you think i'm wrong. 

6 hours ago, xtrapower said:

10 seems a crazy high number. It's all pure speculation. For me the best guess i can make is based on the the following thought: If a crypto token ever becomes a wildly popular as a bridge currency it will derive it's value from the value it's going to transport. The purpose of a bridge currency is to move value around, it therefore has to have the ability to hold value of the amount it wants to transport.

So, in a future scenario, let's say XRP moves around USD 50 billion per day. Let's further assume that 50% of all XRP are available to the market, the rest is locked up. If XRP 50bn have to represent USD 50bn the rate would be 1 XRP/USD. The factor 1 is unrealistic i guess because the same XRP could be used to make several transactions per day. What do u think would be a realistic factor? 0.5 ( = 0.5 XRP/USD) ? 0.1 ( = 0.1 XRP/USD)?

You would need to include the implications of other use cases like speculation of bagholders like us to make a good guess about the future price. 

Is this a reasonable thought? I'm just thinking out loud, correct me if you think i'm wrong. 

Hi Mate. I like the way u r calculating. In fact i did some math on similar basis few months ago, except rather than using 50 billion dollar figure i used the figure of daily forex turnover because that is ripple's main target market. Daily forex turnover as per google is about 4 to  5 trillion dollar. Bear in mind ripple can also be used for domestic turnover which is huge. 

• 11 months later...

i prefer to set my exit strategy by time so the beginning of 2019 i will look at the price and decide what to do ,

that will be five year wait for me , if it has not made a significant increase by then i will look at other options ,  

$10+ is really nice. I hope by then there are some dividend-bearing assets to invest to and settle somewhere warm and inexpensive. I've never had the luxury to get used to being rich, so big spending is not a problem. :D

I'd need a stash of $40k at 10% yoy to sustain a basic living. Or a $20-10k at 24-48% (there are btc funds that provide such rates). 

18 hours ago, Graine said:

$10+ is really nice.

At first I was hoping for this price too, but as I got more info about Ripple, I lowered my expectations.
Judging by the amounts of XRP, which Ripple founders gave to its employees, they don't expect the price to be higher than 0.5$. Otherwise it will be the first company of "sudden trillionaires" in history.

@MrX Or you could speculate that Ripple will see a bunch of proprietary copy-cats and the payment landscape will remain forever fragmented. Honestly, there are more "won'ts" than "wills", but as an abstract exit strategy $10+ is nice. Especially when we've seen $120+ on one peculiar, albeit defunct, gateway. 

Fun fact: Big banks view lesser banks who engage in cryptocurrency as a source of heightened risks. Thus they exert their power directly to make the life of that small banks living hell. While Regulators like Central Banks may be neutral or even positive towards adoption. Thus XRP will have one other barrier to overcome. 

• 2 years later...
On 12/17/2016 at 11:56 AM, faz said:

i prefer to set my exit strategy by time so the beginning of 2019 i will look at the price and decide what to do ,

that will be five year wait for me , if it has not made a significant increase by then i will look at other options ,  

giphy.gif