BDXRP

USD Market Cap Vs XRP Market Cap

I have been trying to work out what might be the future price of XRP and I have come up with the below. (Maths is rough)

1. USD has a market cap of USD27 Trillion - http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/CM.MKT.LCAP.CD
2. Circulating supply is around USD1.4 Trillion https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WCURCIR 

If banks accept XRP as legal tender (settlement) as per Ripple plan, Using the same ratio (27 trill divided by 1.4Trill its roughly 5%) we can say that eventually circulating supply for XRP would be about 5 Billion (5 % of 100 billion coins) 

Eventually if only 5% is being used as circulating supply then there is no reason why XRP wouldn't be worth 50-100+

Points to remember 

1. Current supply is 38 Billion not 100 billion yet
2. I'm basing this off USD only, not including any other currency/countries. 

Any thoughts?

Edited by BDXRP

You need to consider that those 5% of coins in circulation can be traded many times each within a given period of time. So say each coin is traded 20 times within the time period, then the amount of value passing through XRP within that period will be equal to 100% of the total supply. (liquidity of XRP will probably be much higher than 5% anyway as it is likely that large quantities will be bought up by liquidity providers for exactly that purpose).

Edited by Fnord

@Fnord Thanks, I am just comparing it to USD since that is used as a bridge currency for international trade at the moment. I dont think there is much point comapring it to other cryptos as XRP is going after a completely different market. If the market follow the same pattern then they will hold large quantities of XRP as reserves decreasing circulating supply - resulting in a much higher XRP price :)

Edited by BDXRP

11 hours ago, BDXRP said:

@Fnord Thanks, I am just comparing it to USD since that is used as a bridge currency for international trade at the moment. I dont think there is much point comapring it to other cryptos as XRP is going after a completely different market. If the market follow the same pattern then they will hold large quantities of XRP as reserves decreasing circulating supply - resulting in a much higher XRP price :)

Hi, I wasn't comparing it to any other coins. My comment was about XRP only.

Edited by Fnord

The '1.4 trillion in circulation' refers to hard cash and coinage in circulation.  It does not take into account 'electronic' dollars, which constitute a far greater amount.  Xrp will need to handle trillions of USD to address the (best case) bridge currency use case.