Guest Haydentiff

XRPChat Top 10 Lists

Guest Haydentiff

I probably should've asked @karlos if this was ok first (sorry, Karlos!), but does anybody feel like contributing to a monthly (or bi-weekly if we're good at it) "Top 10 whatever" list published by XRPChat (or not, if Karlos hates the idea)?  I thought we could mix it up between relevant, meaningful content that you won't find on other lists,  along with a few parody lists just for fun.

Any takers?

Guest Haydentiff

No, I'm hoping that a group project will foster a little more community spirit. We've got a great knowledge base on this forum. It's a shame to waste it. I can parrot @JoelKatzlike nobody else -"This is like worrying that all the air molecules in the room will wind up next to the ceiling and you will suffocate.  For practical purposes, it makes no difference that it is possible in theory." :D

I'm sure we can think of some original Top 10 lists that have nothing to do with people.

1. Top 10 ways that blockchains differ from ledgers.

2. Top 10 consequences of huge amounts of Series A funding being doled out like candy. 

Those are a little lame, but it was off the cuff.

Guest jarvis

Great Idea, I'll try to think of some stuff to post.

I like lists.

Except those lists where each point is on a separate slow loading ad filled page.

How about?  Top ten lottery winners who blew their winnings in the first year.

Guest Haydentiff

Cool, thanks for brainstorming!

Guest jarvis

Top 10 business that solely powered by blockchain.

- These could include online markets (openbazaar going live this year)

- Social Media (Zapchain)

- Other businesses that function on the bitcoin platform.

I really like this!

A few ideas I thought about:

10 is a lot if we are writing about each one, maybe 5 would be easier to manage monthly. 

You could use the poll function to help decide the "things". Actually I was thinking of having a monthly/fortnightly polls along similar lines..

Edited by karlos

Guest Haydentiff
4 hours ago, seve7ete said:

Ok! We have got number 1 as a member! That´s kind of cool! @JoelKatz

I'm always torn between showing hero worship outwardly and not wanting others to know about Ripple's secret weapon...

The top 10 bottlenecks concerning Ripple/XRP

My "philosophy" regarding startups in general is that often a lot of things are overestimated while other very simple and essential things are underestimated/overseen.

My 3 + 1 (less than 10) about XRP is as follows:

1) Trying to revert distribution of XRP to Jed. I would re-initiate XRP in a new token, and then let current holders of XRP change for it other than those parties that were detrimental to Ripple. Maybe a feature for Ripple would be that the token is re-initiated every two years or so, and then parties who are seen as detrimental to the system or are red flagged for regulatory compliance are set aside. There can also be a upper limit for a XRP holding allowed (other than Ripple the company itself). This would be a non technical feature. If applied in a prudent way it can help maintain/defend the integrity of Ripple/XRP over time.

2) I would try to get XRP on all major Bitcoin exchanges, in particular Huobi and OKCoin. Regulatory situations in China and elsewhere have to be understood fully and strategically applied. XRP may be distributed to the major players in this field in order that they implement it.

3) It would be a big factor for success if Ripple/XRP is owner of a big market maker fund. New XRP is sold for other altcoins and fiat currency. Let's say Ripple has at least 15% of the nominal value of XRP in other currencies. This could stabilize the price and defend against draw-downs. No other cc could do this. Better stability than BTC would be a big plus.

4) Ripple can be better in marketing and representation. Many tech companies do not understand that for every developer you need at least 10 salesmen. I believe Ripple is good in system development and has excellent developers. I guess for one system developer you need 10 application developers, and for one application developer you need 10 marketing forces. I can't see that at the moment the average web developer can do anything with Ripple/ILP. In contrast, there are myriads of modules and templates for everything BTC. If I were Ripple, I would give out XRP for small reference applications in the field of ecommerce, so that there are Magento and Wordpress plugins and all that stuff. Then I would also address press reports that are more suitable for cc blogs and can be understood by "amateurs".

That said, there is much more than the tech battle. Most of all, if Ripple is acting smart as a central bank for XRP they have the edge over any autonomous blockchain scheme.