Will we ever know how successful Ripple is?

Kylo Ren

I may be way off base, but I'm starting to wonder if we will not ever hear about Ripple's most important partnerships because of NDAs (non disclosure agreements).

If all of their deals are private and they make private coin sales to partners, we the public have no way to guage the success of the company.  The total number of Ripples stay the same, roughly.

Please tell me if I'm wrong!

1 minute ago, GreyAndroidGravy said:

Please tell me why he is wrong...

Because they onlllly keep it quit until all rich people bought themselves in

1 hour ago, Kylo Ren said:

I may be way off base, but I'm starting to wonder if we will not ever hear about Ripple's most important partnerships because of NDAs (non disclosure agreements).

If all of their deals are private and they make private coin sales to partners, we the public have no way to guage the success of the company.  The total number of Ripples stay the same, roughly.

We may not know every detail (should we even? a lot of people in this space demand disclosure, but if we approached *insert random company name* and demanded as much information as Ripple does disclose, they would probably completely ignore us).

You will be able to see volume/action on xrpcharts, that alone will be an indicator of success (or failure), Plus they cant exactly hide the launch of SBI Virtual Currencies and similar ;) (im assuming SBI is a very important partnership)

3 hours ago, Kylo Ren said:

I believe it is safe to say that the public will eventually be made aware of some of these partnerships (and the resultant coin sales) - it seems reasonable to conclude that large public companies (basically most of the Banks) are somewhat obligated to disclose their partnerships to their shareholders. I think you are correct in that NDA's may be singed as they onboard the technology and we won't hear of these partnerships as they move through the due diligence period - but once the technology gets widely adopted I believe everything will become public. 

Just my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, AltAdvisor said:

I believe it is safe to say that the public will eventually be made aware of some of these partnerships (and the resultant coin sales) - it seems reasonable to conclude that large public companies (basically most of the Banks) are somewhat obligated to disclose their partnerships to their shareholders. I think you are correct in that NDA's may be singed as they onboard the technology and we won't hear of these partnerships as they move through the due diligence period - but once the technology gets widely adopted I believe everything will become public. 

Just my opinion. 

...one afterthought.....seems logical that the large Banks (public companies), most of which are now adhering to IFRS, would have to disclose their XRP holdings on their Balance sheets - I imagine this information would be available to the public. 

But again....just my uneducated guess. 

Let's not forget: Ripple Inc. is a business. And a well-run, too. Corporations that actually use their brains (like Ripple team does) have every reason to be propagating their business successes.

And no, you won't get all the details due to NDA provisions , and neither do you need all of the details (I know NDAs first hand for clients, and I can tell you : you don't want to be sifting through them too much ;o) .  Above all, it makes just no business sense to "keep quiet and shut up" on your successes. And neither do the banks involved, as those banks are offering a unique selling point towards their corporate customers in particular: worldwide-almost-instant-settlement. 

In all: I see no dark clouds on this.

On 2017-06-28 at 8:48 PM, GreyAndroidGravy said:

Thanks for the enlightenment.

It's always good when someone takes time out of their busy day from calculating nuclear launch trajectories and performing medoola oblongata brain surgery to contact us with such deep and insightful genius. Of course I'm speaking just in general. 

Well I guess it's back to my meal. Due to my extendable jaw and highly acidic stomach levels, I've recently swallowed a live ripple employee 'whole' and will continue digesting them over a span of many hours, during which time the food energy helps me think. I thought it would be a good way of coercing information out of them about their most recent prospects. The agreement I have is if they give me information during the "pre-digest" period I would spit them out barring maybe some lost toes as I have no control over the time frame and speed of digestion....I might have a faster metabolism than I think so they should probably say something sooner than later. They also agreed to let me keep their ripple t-shirt (as my acidic/digestive function will allow the t-shirt material to pass through me clear and free as there is no bio-component to it) should they choose to prolong the situation although think it's on the small side. I'll need one in at least a 3XL.

Here's a pic of yours truly waiting patiently for the ripple employee to speak. :)

I will share with all just as soon as I acquire the info. 

IMG_0553.JPG

Edited by posetranos