Qatrikias

XRP Tech Analysis Very Bullish

1 minute ago, Baboly said:

How do you know they aren't using xrp, source? 

Baboly, fact is they are NOT using xrp. I don't need a source. 

Here's one example,

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/launched-ripple-blockchain-powers-bank-payments-thailand-japan-2-5-seconds/

there was no mention or use of xrp. None of the banks have xrp yet. If you want source you can ask Joel Katz (Ripple' chief cryptographer). 

It's a fact they can use their banking s/w without xrp. Ripple is trying to market this, and show benefits towards it's use but hasn't happened yet.

1 minute ago, posetranos said:

Here's one example,

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/launched-ripple-blockchain-powers-bank-payments-thailand-japan-2-5-seconds/

there was no mention or use of xrp. None of the banks have xrp yet. If you want source you can ask Joel Katz (Ripple' chief cryptographer). 

It's a fact they can use their banking s/w without xrp. Ripple is trying to market this, and show benefits towards it's use but hasn't happened yet.

it really cant happen yet until the price goes up. think about it...

1 minute ago, posetranos said:

Here's one example,

I ask you because you put out the information and it seems that you can't confirm it. Have you asked him and that's why you know?

9 minutes ago, Baboly said:

I ask you because you put out the information and it seems that you can't confirm it. Have you asked him and that's why you know?

Baboly,

Can you confirm that i don't use oxygen? It's well known amidst this forum xrp is not used in banks....yet. Ripple is trying to market this. There is no document out there that says banks haven't adopted xrp...but this is well known. Baboly it seems you have 4 posts total so i assume you're new. I am waiting for the documentation to say "banks are using xrp" so if you can find this you will make not only me but everyone on this forum "happy campers". 

And yes...i've  been back-and-forth a couple of times with JoelKatz (David Schwartz) and he's mentioned this. Feel free to contact him and ask if you wish.

Edited by posetranos

XRP adoption will come later as a natural next step to increase the efficiency of the RCL. They wouldn't want to buy the native asset before the network is already in wide usage, because they need to be sure they have a use for it first.

Edited by Fnord

36 minutes ago, Baboly said:

How do you know they aren't using xrp, source? 

Baboly,

How do you know they are? Source?

Rather than be manipulative asking for a source, which i've already told you doesn't exist.....go ask "JoelKatz". If i were wrong, you have Ripple employees on this forum that would quickly correct me otherwise. 

This is as close as i can come to giving you facts as per this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ripple-and-xrp-are-more-stable-than-you-think_us_591cb3bee4b0b28a33f62915

lots of good stuff in there with alot of "ifs"....but particularly this paragraph is as close as i can come to confirming banks don't use xrp....at least not yet:

Regulators pushing for banks to adopt XRP

We’ve heard from sources that regulators themselves are behind-the-scenes pushing for big banks to adopt XRP. The regulators are asking banks to adopt XRP. Let me repeat that because of how significant it is: the regulators are calling for banks to use XRP. Follow Ripple closely enough and you’ll see why.

Ripple has been making incredible inroads with those in power. Ripple now has over 75 banks signed up that are experimenting with XRP. Just last month they recruited the former business director at SWIFT, the network that today facilitates money transfers between 11,000 financial institutions in every country on Earth. Some say Ripple is poised to replace SWIFT, which needs days to complete a transaction.

“I don’t think you can make a horse and buggy keep up with a race car,” says Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse.

The fact that the quickest way to get money from one country to another today is by literally boarding a plane with a suitcase full of cash and physically flying it there is a major problem that Ripple is working to solve.

Edited by posetranos

Posetranos,

I will also be glad to find that information! :)
But i dont know if they aren't using it or not, maybe in small doses. I'am as you see new in this forum and just want to learn more.
I understand that when the day come and they start to use it 100% then we have a lift off. It would be positiv if they just now used 0.002 %  :)

12 minutes ago, posetranos said:

Baboly,

How do you know they are? Source?

Rather than be manipulative asking for a source, which i've already told you doesn't exist.....go ask "JoelKatz". If i were wrong, you have Ripple employees on this forum that would quickly correct me otherwise. 

This is as close as i can come to giving you facts as per this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ripple-and-xrp-are-more-stable-than-you-think_us_591cb3bee4b0b28a33f62915

lots of good stuff in there with alot of "ifs"....but particularly this paragraph is as close as i can come to confirming banks don't use xrp....at least not yet:

Regulators pushing for banks to adopt XRP

We’ve heard from sources that regulators themselves are behind-the-scenes pushing for big banks to adopt XRP. The regulators are asking banks to adopt XRP. Let me repeat that because of how significant it is: the regulators are calling for banks to use XRP. Follow Ripple closely enough and you’ll see why.

Ripple has been making incredible inroads with those in power. Ripple now has over 75 banks signed up that are experimenting with XRP. Just last month they recruited the former business director at SWIFT, the network that today facilitates money transfers between 11,000 financial institutions in every country on Earth. Some say Ripple is poised to replace SWIFT, which needs days to complete a transaction.

“I don’t think you can make a horse and buggy keep up with a race car,” says Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse.

The fact that the quickest way to get money from one country to another today is by literally boarding a plane with a suitcase full of cash and physically flying it there is a major problem that Ripple is working to solve.

Posetranos,

Thanks for the information!

Baboly,

This is as close as i can come to semi-answering your question about xrp use: 

particularly this passage that talks about regulators pushing for banks adoption - which means it hasn't happened yet.

"Regulators pushing for banks to adopt XRP

The fact that the quickest way to get money from one country to another today is by literally boarding a plane with a suitcase full of cash and physically flying it there is a major problem that Ripple is working to solve."

Baboly, it's fine that you're "new" but xrp isn't being used at all....at least not yet...and still no guarantees of it. I want ripple to do well...so that we can do well...this isn't about naysaying, it's not about being negative or positive but realistic with news and facts. I want you and everyone else on this forum to do well....with the facts and we need to see "banks have adopted xrp" which is VERY DIFFERENT from "experimenting with xrp". I am glad they're experimenting....perhaps we're closer.

Edited by posetranos

20 minutes ago, posetranos said:

Baboly,

This is as close as i can come to semi-answering your question about xrp use: 

particularly this passage that talks about regulators pushing for banks adoption - which means it hasn't happened yet.

"Regulators pushing for banks to adopt XRP

The fact that the quickest way to get money from one country to another today is by literally boarding a plane with a suitcase full of cash and physically flying it there is a major problem that Ripple is working to solve."

Baboly, it's fine that you're "new" but xrp isn't being used at all....at least not yet...and still no guarantees of it. I want ripple to do well...so that we can do well...this isn't about naysaying, it's not about being negative or positive but realistic with news and facts. I want you and everyone else on this forum to do well.

It was not my intention to be rude/manipulativ, just searching for the truth. I apologies if it turned out that way. I also want Ripple to do well and for all of us to prosper. 

Edited by Baboly

9 minutes ago, Baboly said:

It was not my intetion to be rude/manipulativ, just searching for the truth. I apologies if it turned out that way. I also want Ripple to do well and for all of us to prosper. 

Have to admit...it's 'exciting' to know "regulators" are pushing for banks to adopt xrp in addition to ripple marketing it. As for regulators...i wonder if they mean the Central Banks, Securities Exchange Comission (SEC)? I wonder who are the regulators. Very strategic of ripple to hire the former business group director of SWIFT .... Marjaane Delatainne (i know i spelt it wrong) to see what inroads there might be with regards to Ripple working alongside or improving technologies with SWIFT. 

No worries...we're all looking for the truth. 

Edited by posetranos

56 minutes ago, posetranos said:

I will try to find Dilip Rao's presentation. I sincerely hope Ripple goes after India....1.5-billion people...the transactory nature of payment remittance....it's a great idea! I WANT RIPPLE TO DO WELL. I really do especially as an xrp investor. South Korea loves crypto - by what i've read. I've read from @Bagheera that using xrp will save them 60% whereas not using xrp will save them 40%. I'm not saying banks won't use...i'm saying i'm uncertain and as per the POC with Japan/Thailand....they did not use xrp. Anyways, i don't want to sound like a naysayer....i'm just saying there are questions around it. I'm not into 'touchy feel happy' words about being 'positive' or other regards of 'endearment'....but more reality of what's happening as i've found in the past markets are more than happy to seperate you from your money. I want banks to use xrp...obviously...i'm certain it's Ripple's objective to implement/market xrp...but we'll see how it fairs....we can only wait and see. I'm not interested in FUD'ing but the facts need to be there to back it up yet Ripple is very quiet on all fronts. Anyways, lots of interesting things going on.

Please correct me if I am wrong. There seems to be two basic options available 1) XRP and 2) IOU+Trustlines and both work on the XRP Ledger.

The more I read about the pros and cons of each the more I am of the opinion that IOU+Trustline is "Cross-Border 1.0" and XRP is "Cross-Border 2.0". I can't imagine the global banking community choosing "Cross-Border 1.0" to achieve scale/liquidity as a long term strategy. It could be used by lower level leaders to POC and demonstrate to more senior leaders what possibilities exist and to get a quick demo working without relying on XRP liquidity (perhaps that may not be a valid argument but I will leave it here).

I think the recent Japan/Thailand success was not about promoting XRP as much as about demonstrating what can be done and what is possible for 2 completely different countries and cultures. Once you show what is possible with "Cross-Border 1.0" you have gained confidence and trust in delivering. Ripple is dealing with large banks from many geographies and more specifically economic and social cultures non of which will want to be left behind. Ripple has to be on top of how banking works in each of these countries and how the leaders of these banks think and make decisions. Japan's business and cultural relationship with Thailand may have dictated the use of "Cross-Border 1.0" before going to the next level. Ripple is moving so fast and so widely globally, they have to be flexible with how they integrate solutions between different countries.

I wonder what Ripple is planning for the continent of Africa???

looking at the charts I can tell that someone ( MM or Ripple ) is dumping for 2 months  or so. Are they using XRP for banks or just for funding their projects who knows. I get a feeling they are just milking crypto to get as much money as possible, and they won't admit that no-one is using xrp and it's a failed project because banks don't use it.

3 minutes ago, posetranos said:

Have to admit...it's 'exciting' to know "regulators" are pushing for banks to adopt xrp in addition to ripple marketing it. As for regulators...i wonder if they mean the Central Banks, Securities Exchange Comission (SEC)? I wonder who are the regulators. Very strategic of ripple to hire the former business group director of SWIFT .... Marjaane Delatainne (i know i spelt it wrong) to see what inroads there might be with regards to Ripple working alongside or improving technologies with SWIFT. 

Yes it's a really smart move. They are slowly turning the table more and more to there advantage.
http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/ripple-benefit-banks-cutting-correspondent-relationships/ 

2 minutes ago, Bagheera said:

Please correct me if I am wrong. There seems to be two basic options available 1) XRP and 2) IOU+Trustlines and both work on the XRP Ledger.

The more I read about the pros and cons of each the more I am of the opinion that IOU+Trustline is "Cross-Border 1.0" and XRP is "Cross-Border 2.0". I can't imagine the global banking community choosing "Cross-Border 1.0" to achieve scale/liquidity as a long term strategy. It could be used by lower level leaders to POC and demonstrate to more senior leaders what possibilities exist and to get a quick demo working without relying on XRP liquidity (perhaps that may not be a valid argument but I will leave it here).

I think the recent Japan/Thailand success was not about promoting XRP as much as about demonstrating what can be done and what is possible for 2 completely different countries and cultures. Once you show what is possible with "Cross-Border 1.0" you have gained confidence and trust in delivering. Ripple is dealing with large banks from many geographies and more specifically economic and social cultures non of which will want to be left behind. Ripple has to be on top of how banking works in each of these countries and how the leaders of these banks think and make decisions. Japan's business and cultural relationship with Thailand may have dictated the use of "Cross-Border 1.0" before going to the next level. Ripple is moving so fast and so widely globally, they have to be flexible with how they integrate solutions between different countries.

I wonder what Ripple is planning for the continent of Africa???

Honestly Bagheera, I can't correct you because i don't know. I would need to read documentation about how those two options are categorized and what they mean. You have some great insights.