AwakenUno

Xrp employees only: What will happen if ripple joins the nasdaq ?

We will be offered shares based on the shares we own of xrp as a crypto currency if Ripple goes public? What advantages will we have? Will Ripple continue to operate on exchanges like poloniex, bitstamp ect... ? And if it does y'all gonna put some more focus on xrp value?

I don't see a reason to believe that shares in Ripple the company would have anything to do with how much XRP you own.

Edited by Fnord

I don't see any reason at all for Ripple to go public.

They don't need money. They have XRP. 

If an early investor wanted to cash out, I am sure they would be able to find a buyer at a good price  just as they did for Jed's equity. 

And if they ever did your XRP has Zero relation to the equity. 

Edited by Kakoyla

What does Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Standard Chartered, SCB Digital Ventures, etc... exactly own?  Do they own XRP's or do they own some other type of equity?  Does anyone know or has this question been answered? 

1 hour ago, taebuoytogI said:

What does Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Standard Chartered, SCB Digital Ventures, etc... exactly own?  Do they own XRP's or do they own some other type of equity?  Does anyone know or has this question been answered?

Venture capitalists invest money for equity (ownership interest in the company). That's usually done through stock. Employees often receive stock or stock options as well. 

XRP is NOT stock.

I'd guess that investors probably asked for XRP as part of the deal, but we have no way of knowing.

58 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

Venture capitalists invest money for equity (ownership interest in the company). That's usually done through stock. Employees often receive stock or stock options as well. 

XRP is NOT stock.

I'd guess that investors probably asked for XRP as part of the deal, but we have no way of knowing.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just trying to get the motivations and influences that some of these powerful forces (VC's) have on Ripple the company and on XRP.  So then, some of these comments above are well warranted when they speak of potentially going public (again!?) this time with stock.  Therefore there could very well be a day when we see Ripple as a listed company in an exchange.  

A lot of speculation on my part but just wanted to bring this up...

45 minutes ago, taebuoytogI said:

I'm just trying to get the motivations and influences that some of these powerful forces (VC's) have on Ripple

You should spend some time pretending that you're a startup getting ready to start seeking investment money. There are a lot of options and different ways that deals can be structured. It's overwhelming.

51 minutes ago, taebuoytogI said:

So then, some of these comments above are well warranted when they speak of potentially going public

I see nothing at all that points to that. Every startup is "supposed" to have an exit strategy from the get-go. I'd put my money on Ripple's exit strategy being acquisition.

2 hours ago, TiffanyHayden said:

You should spend some time pretending that you're a startup getting ready to start seeking investment money. There are a lot of options and different ways that deals can be structured. It's overwhelming.

I see nothing at all that points to that. Every startup is "supposed" to have an exit strategy from the get-go. I'd put my money on Ripple's exit strategy being acquisition.

I may've misunderstood, but do you mean ripple being acquired, for example, by SBI or a bank? Or the remainder of ripple being bought up by google ventures? I only mean as examples of acquisitions.

Edited by posetranos

Some companies do offer long term customers perks for investing from the beginning. Just FYI, you should be nicer when addressing investors. Btw, if ripple went on the NASDAQ all of its assets and holdings would be part of that. 

Gracias