Ripple Media and Mark Protection

Mercury

I have been reviewing Ripples rules and guides towards the use of its brand. Correct me if I am wrong but it appears that the Ripple Triskelion (mark) is covered. This means we can not us the defacto XRP currency symbols without crediting Ripple and following all the guides and rules. Do I understand this correctly?

in the States, if they trademarked (must have) their name's' and logo's', when you talk about Ripple, the co. from San Francisco, and XRP, the crypto currency, then you have to use their guidelines and you cannot use them in any other way . The fun begins when you talk about the web (where is the server located and who's looking at the trademarked logo) and is the product related (let's say you build a toy that looks like a triskelion). Trademarks are country and product related. Normally, Ripple/XRP would have to trademark their name/visual in every country under very definite use. If there's already something similar, a court fight usually begins.

A famous case is Apple Corp (the Beatles records co.) vs Apple Computer. If you feel like reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v_Apple_Computer

Hmmm. This makes releasing items and/ or services with the Triskelion as the currency symbol problematic. Used as a currency symbol it would clearly be linked to XRP and Ripple. But Ripple is currently adding a degree between the company and the currency branding wise.

Might have to reach out to the company's legal representative.

2 hours ago, Mercury said:

Hmmm. This makes releasing items and/ or services with the Triskelion as the currency symbol problematic. Used as a currency symbol it would clearly be linked to XRP and Ripple. But Ripple is currently adding a degree between the company and the currency branding wise.

Might have to reach out to the company's legal representative.

If you plan to, for example, print T-shirts with any of their logos, you really have to talk with their legal advisors to get a permission or license for use under a strict mandate.

Edited by OlivierA