Sign in to follow this  
culyun

Governance - Response policy to cyber-attack?

Given Ripple's (the company) unique position, I would like to know whether Ripple has policies in place for responding to compromises in the security of the central ledger and protocols?

There's a lot of (well written) software and protocols backing all that is Ripple.  Software has bugs.  Protocols have mis-features.  All of these >> can << open the door to cyber-attack.  I want to know if Ripple has thought about how to deal with these crises?  

Picture a (worst-case?) scenario where the central ledger had to be taken off-line for some reason.  Would Ripple warranty against losses incurred by customers needing to make transactions?

Apologies if this is a daft question.

They did not offer any compensation the last few times when all their validators went down and the ledger stopped completely. You can't take the ledger "off-line".

As a side note: I don't consider anyone using the word "cyber" in a non-ironical way technically competent.

@Sukrim Thanks for the reply.  The question is genuine if maybe not well put.  I'm mainly interested in the existence of policy rather than the details of policy.  As much as the Titanic was unsinkable, a single iceburg brought it to its ruin.

Cyber was meant to draw readership, but I do not profess to being particularly clever here.