Da970

#XRPscales

Given all the scaling issues on bitcoin and ethereum (and ripple's big advantage here) I wonder if the community should shift our hashtag from #xrpthestandard to #xrpitscales ?

@miguel

*edited title to improved hashtag ?

Edited by Da970

Guest dfault123

I like #xrpthestandard. When something is the standard, it tends to work and be widely implemented.

I prefer #xrpthestandard. 

It ushers in the concept of XRP being used in all things finance related. Encompassing and optimistic. 

Perception is reality. 

I think #xrpthestandard works for people who already believe in ripple.  I doubt it brings in anyone new. Scaling is what everyone in crypto is focused on. It is the space's biggest hurdle at the moment and hardly anyone knows ripple's advantage here. 

But "Everyone in crypto" is a pretty small group. 

To bring in new people, they don't know these concepts yet or at best are barely starting to read up on them. 

The Standard, beckons to that. 

Also, the crypto crowd is largely a biased culture against the very concept of Ripple. Doesn't matter what you say about it, the hardcores won't put aside their bias for even a moment of critical thinking. It's to their own detriment and saying It Scales to them won't matter a bit. 

This is mostly a philosophical debate, but there's nothing stopping you from pushing the tag out on Twitter...I just don't think you can stop the standard tag from the popularity it has in usage. Hash away!

1 hour ago, dfault123 said:

I like #xrpthestandard. When something is the standard, it tends to work and be widely implemented.

yeah let's just keep this -- other tags just dilute the messages

3 minutes ago, Da970 said:

@zerpdigger #xrpthestandard doesn't communicate anything to anyone except existing xrp hodlers

i dunno its perfect for me: like a play on "gold standard" -- it covers everything from scaling to speed to consistency ... etc etc

it's the gold standard for digital assets -- #xrpthestandard