Question - Re:Price

Could someone tell me if I'm on the right track here.  As I understand the  model for XRP being used as a conduit for bank transfers - (if that is the correct terminology), everyone involved would benefit from a higher XRP price.  In fact it seems that for this to truly work the higher the price of XRP the better.  SWIFT processes in the neighborhood of 20-30 million transfers daily so assuming $1,000 per transfer at the present price around .26 - if XRP took over this space all 100,000,000,000 xrp would be needed just to cover one days transfers, Right?  So if that is the case, a much higher price for XRP would be a necessity for the business model to be a success.  

Is there a target price where Ripple feels the price of XRP would be best for the system - or is the higher the better???.

7 minutes ago, theone said:

The higher the better. At minimum XRP needs to be $100.  Best to be at $1000 just to satisfy money supplies.

I don't know if there is a threshold price that XRP needs to be but as I understand it - the higher the better.  A higher price also is a more stable price.

You can maybe take a look at this calculator (for bitcoin) and you can have an idea what can change the price of a crypto-currency. For example I tried this:

I put the mined bitcoins at 3.78 million, but since there are 38 billions ripple we have to move the point 3 decimals left. That would give a 61$ price. But it is highly speculative cause almost each value we enter involve a great deal of speculation. I set most market shares at 5% cause I don't think any one other than pure geeks will use crypto-currencies in the near future but it may be totally wrong about that, sometimes it can change very fast.

You can also add you  own variable but I didn't try it.

greenCap_001105.jpg

Edited by Strovu

It's my understanding that you will only need one or less xrps to complete a transfer of any value. I don't think you would have to pay $1000 worth of xrp for a transaction, that is why ripple is marketing there cheap fast and secure cross border payments. Also I believe a couple weeks back there was a topic that if the price were to go higher (multiple dollars) then the amount of xrp used would be less. Again I'm not 100% on any of this but I'm sure one of the guys on here with a lot more understanding than myself will jump on and clarify.

1 hour ago, Hustler said:

It's my understanding that you will only need one or less xrps to complete a transfer of any value. I don't think you would have to pay $1000 worth of xrp for a transaction, that is why ripple is marketing there cheap fast and secure cross border payments. Also I believe a couple weeks back there was a topic that if the price were to go higher (multiple dollars) then the amount of xrp used would be less. Again I'm not 100% on any of this but I'm sure one of the guys on here with a lot more understanding than myself will jump on and clarify.

@Hustler my understanding is that you need an equivalent value or XRP to the dollar amount transferred.  If you're transferring $1,000,000  you would $1,000,000 worth of XRP or 3,125,000 XRP at today's price.  If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Hace 2 horas, Eric123 dijo:

@Hustler  mi Entendimiento Es Que Se Necesita ONU valor Equivalente o XRP a la Cantidad de dinero transferido. Si està transfiriendo $ 1.000.000 $ 1.000.000 Que le valor de XRP o 3.125.000 XRP al precio de Hoy. Si Estoy Equivocado por favor alguien me corrija.

Answer of the @JoelKatz

Es probable que sea más fácil. Durante dos partes para hacer una transacción de 1 millón de dólares usando XRP al menos una de las tres cosas tienen que ser así:

1) Una de las partes realmente quiere usar XRP como la moneda de origen.

2) Una de las partes realmente quiere recibir XRP.

3) XRP tiene que ser una forma muy económica de hacer el pago.

Para 3 a ser el caso, tiene que ser posible convertir un valor suficiente en XRP sin tomar una gran pérdida en cuanto alguien va a tener que hacer eso para facilitar el pago.

Por lo tanto, decir que es un pago de millones de dólares. Imagínese tomando un millón de dólares, la compra de XRP con él, entonces la venta de ese XRP. Es probable que obtiene menos de un millón de dólares de vuelta. ¿Cuánto menos? Eso depende de varios factores tales como la profundidad del mercado, el volumen de operaciones, el apoyo de cambio y así sucesivamente. Todos, o al menos la mayor parte, de esas cosas tienden a correlacionarse positivamente con el precio.

Por ejemplo, mirar la profundidad de mercado, el volumen de operaciones, y el apoyo a cambio de XRP en comparación con hace cuatro meses. Es de noche y de día. No es coincidencia que hubo una manifestación durante ese tiempo.

Edited by Raul31

On 6/20/2017 at 0:12 PM, Eric123 said:

@Hustler my understanding is that you need an equivalent value or XRP to the dollar amount transferred.  If you're transferring $1,000,000  you would $1,000,000 worth of XRP or 3,125,000 XRP at today's price.  If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

So you're saying in order to transfer $1,000,000 it would cost $1,000,000. Sorry but that makes absolutely zero sense, if that was the case I would sell all my xrp because no bank would be interested in paying more than they pay with swift right now.