5 hours ago, karlos said:

Pretty good observation, I noticed the same. Either the Ripple market cap seems artificially high, or the transaction volume is abnormally low for its size. If we are comparing apples (Bitcoin) to bananas (Ripple), which is probably a bad thing to do. I don't think Ripple exists solely to make banks and themselves rich though. Its clear they want to change payments, which helps everyone not just banks. Stellar wants to empower ordinary people, but to do that you have to upgrade the legacy systems first.

Such an odd thing to hear ripple is speculatively over-valued considering most other cryptos have taken off, in some cases, to much higher levels, and have questionable use-case or real-world solvable problems. However I'll keep it in check. If we look at ethereum or ones written on Esther-blockchain like humaniq and others, how do they fair for price? Yes, I'm doing the bad thing of comparing but curious is all and I should look at the numbers objectively.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Kylo Ren Hey - have a look into my writeup, on p. 8 ...might be helpful for you in terms of ratio based valuation. I used a NV/T ratio.   

It's difficult for me to think of it in terms of a P/E ratio because there are no earnings.  I look at it more like an asset/currency.  Bitcoin to me seems like gold - like gold, it doesn't have a who

I've been looking at market cap divided by transaction volume. It's a simple metric, but this gives you the sense of how inflated prices are. The closer to zero, the more the price is reflected in the

On 2017-6-18 at 8:01 AM, Xi195 said:

If Ripple had profits they could be used to calculate the P/E of shares in Ripple. Since  XRP are not shares in Ripple, they Cant be used to calculate the P/E of XRP. There is no such thing as earnings for a currency...as far as I know. 

XRP is an asset and sales of assets is revenue. Compare it with MSFT selling licenses for Windows. Revenues coming from services, software sales, XRP sales, ... minus all costs = earnings of the COMPANY called Ripple (XRP is not a company). Price of a company = the price one has to pay in case of an aquisition = valuation of the company. For a public company the valuation is presented by the number and the price of its shares. For a private company (like Ripple) the valuation is less obvious and kept private, but the principle is always: that this is the total amount of what one has to pay to own 100% of the company. In the case of Ripple this can (but not likely) be even lower than the present valuation of all XRP that Ripple still has under control.

• 2 years later...
On 6/18/2017 at 7:36 AM, TplusZero said:

@tylerdurdenn @karlos ratio of XRP should be closer to 50 right now (also, 30day averages make more sense). Like in equity markets, it's a reflection of higher growth expectations for XRP, vs BTC. 

IMG_6309.PNG

Bumping this thread from 2017. It was speculated that for 2020 we could see a higher valuation of XRP of 2.25$. 

Apart from the speculative mania of 2017, how far off are we from this potentially being a reality in 2023-2025, pandemic and economic stability permitting? 

What ever happened to @Graine?

@Mercury?

@tulo?

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, itcdominic said:

Smart money seems to be quietly and slowly accumulating.  I think to not bring attention to accumulation by players that would trigger a rapid surge in price.  Time will tell.

Who/what exactly are you referring to here?