Jump to content
Kaos

Some of the comments made about ripple by the crypto community

Recommended Posts

So I've been reading some opinions about Ripple given by the crypto community and I wanted to know the what people in this forum think about them. I think this is a good idea everyone from newbies to experts can learn from others.

1. "Ripple is a devil of cryptocoins. Is centralized and controlled by corporations and Banks. It is made by rich to rich...
No thank you!!!"

2. "Sounds to me like Ripple are the banking cartel's attempt to get in the game since their FIAT game is over. If it is not open source ( so thee code can be inspected & transparent) & decentralized"

3. "Ripple is a waste of space....more decentralized than bitcoin?...********...its not mineable so its centrralized to begin with"

4.  "It is centralized (that is the reasno why it is faste), there is no mining.. Decentralization is just marketing... They will just scatter servers all around the world , but there will be central management"

5.  "Banking trojan horse...it will ruin whole crypto community , or better said..It will put corporations in charge again"

6.  "I hate Ripple and it doesn't deserve any respect. It just relies on BitCoin to buy it, meaning BitCoin has the real value. You can't mine it, you can just buy it with BitCoin. It is way more centralized than they lead on and they are trying to hype it up that some Japan banks looked into it. Well, on Ether a lot more than just some Japan banks looked into it... They actually joined an alliance together. I don't see Ripple going anywhere and I won't even feel bad for anyone that loses money on it. The creators "printed" their own money and want to hype it up with news that doesn't even make sense... because Japan actually buys Ripple for the lowest price and has the smallest trading volume for it so they obviously aren't really interested."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kaos

All those comments were addressed (if any value) in previous post. The rest is either pure hate or FUD for something they didn't take the time to research or just didn't care for the answers.

Feels like you copied the defunct trollbox :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Malloy said:

@Kaos

All those comments were addressed (if any value) in previous post. The rest is either pure hate or FUD for something they didn't take the time to research or just didn't care for the answers.

Feels like you copied the defunct trollbox :-)

I gathered these comments from cryptocoin news.

 

BTW, what is FUD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal opinion and it also implies to real world everyday life. The uneducated will always be uneducated until the day they feel the need to educate themselves. This is why the majority of people are uneducated or undereducated. They learn what they want to learn and once it satisfies their belief/opinion, they discontinue the learning process. If you have taught yourself, in a limited capacity, of what is bitcoin,blockchain,mining, banking, decentralization/centralization..well these type of responses are to be expected. If you personally decide to start the learning process again and in turn, reevaluate and adjust your first beliefs, then you would understand that these statements arent true. Simple as that. Think Blockbuster vs Netflix..one adopted while the other stood by their intial learning and belief...and well you can guess which one won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Kaos said:

1. "Ripple is a devil of cryptocoins. Is centralized and controlled by corporations and Banks. It is made by rich to rich...
No thank you!!!"

This is talking about Ripple maintaining the majority of validators.  It has been stated by Ripple that the goal is to have the majority of validators outside.  Currently Amazon and Microsoft have validators and there are projects to have many more added at major education institutions and more.  

2. "Sounds to me like Ripple are the banking cartel's attempt to get in the game since their FIAT game is over. If it is not open source ( so thee code can be inspected & transparent) & decentralized"

Ripple is an independent Fintech startup and has funding from Google Ventures, Andresson Horowitz, and many respected VC firms - none of which are in a "banking cartel".  And last I checked https://github.com/ripple/rippled 

3. "Ripple is a waste of space....more decentralized than bitcoin?...********...its not mineable so its centrralized to begin with"

Most of the new ICO's are premined, so this is an old and pointless argument.   80% of bitcoin is controlled by 6 mining groups.  How is that decentralized?  Don't let people fool you - they are mad they can't get free XRP with hashing power, not decentralization.

4.  "It is centralized (that is the reasno why it is faste), there is no mining.. Decentralization is just marketing... They will just scatter servers all around the world , but there will be central management"

Addressed above - circular logic

5.  "Banking trojan horse...it will ruin whole crypto community , or better said..It will put corporations in charge again"

Giving every person in the world the ability to move money faster without having to pay insane transaction fees while waiting up to 45 minutes for confirmation, and linking every ledger so you don't have to create 15 exchange accounts.  The only thing that ruins is the point of this post.

6.  "I hate Ripple and it doesn't deserve any respect. It just relies on BitCoin to buy it, meaning BitCoin has the real value. You can't mine it, you can just buy it with BitCoin. It is way more centralized than they lead on and they are trying to hype it up that some Japan banks looked into it. Well, on Ether a lot more than just some Japan banks looked into it... They actually joined an alliance together. I don't see Ripple going anywhere and I won't even feel bad for anyone that loses money on it. The creators "printed" their own money and want to hype it up with news that doesn't even make sense... because Japan actually buys Ripple for the lowest price and has the smallest trading volume for it so they obviously aren't really interested."

This comment is so absurd I don't even want to respond.  The Japanese banking consortium (SBI) represents 40% of the banking in all of Japan.  They have successfully completed their test phase and are implementing a full solution with XRP playing a major part THIS YEAR.  In addition they have dozens of banks elsewhere in the world using their solution which costs millions to implement.  Ripple is also on the Fed reserves faster payment steering committee, W3C, and several institutional groups that are discussing massive changes to the entire banking industry.

Everything from the EEA and banking related ETH news is forward looking.  What I described above is currently happening.  

It may help for you to find your answers directly from the source:

https://ripple.com/collateral/
https://ripple.com/insights/
https://ripple.com/xrp/
https://ripple.com/network/
 

Classic example of bias and ignorance supporting the fallacy of the day.

Hope this helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Classic example of bias and ignorance supporting the fallacy of the day.

Hope this helped.

This answer really helped me out! thank you so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, a number of people out there in coin community still cling to these same straw-men when they rail against XRP.

That's fine. That means a lot of potential investors haven't piled on board yet, which means that the coin is potentially still undervalued.

(see this post for more on that subject):

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kaos said:

So I've been reading some opinions about Ripple given by the crypto community and I wanted to know the what people in this forum think about them. I think this is a good idea everyone from newbies to experts can learn from others.

1. "Ripple is a devil of cryptocoins. Is centralized and controlled by corporations and Banks. It is made by rich to rich...
No thank you!!!"

2. "Sounds to me like Ripple are the banking cartel's attempt to get in the game since their FIAT game is over. If it is not open source ( so thee code can be inspected & transparent) & decentralized"

3. "Ripple is a waste of space....more decentralized than bitcoin?...********...its not mineable so its centrralized to begin with"

4.  "It is centralized (that is the reasno why it is faste), there is no mining.. Decentralization is just marketing... They will just scatter servers all around the world , but there will be central management"

5.  "Banking trojan horse...it will ruin whole crypto community , or better said..It will put corporations in charge again"

6.  "I hate Ripple and it doesn't deserve any respect. It just relies on BitCoin to buy it, meaning BitCoin has the real value. You can't mine it, you can just buy it with BitCoin. It is way more centralized than they lead on and they are trying to hype it up that some Japan banks looked into it. Well, on Ether a lot more than just some Japan banks looked into it... They actually joined an alliance together. I don't see Ripple going anywhere and I won't even feel bad for anyone that loses money on it. The creators "printed" their own money and want to hype it up with news that doesn't even make sense... because Japan actually buys Ripple for the lowest price and has the smallest trading volume for it so they obviously aren't really interested."

 

 

Some of the REAL reasons to hate Ripple (it always is coming from ONLY Bitcoin adept), are those facts:

1/ Ripple was the FIRST "altcoin" - Those Bitcoin holders didn't like to see filling in the (profit)space by a competitor
2/ Ripple founders came from the Bitcoin community, seen as traitors ....
3/ Ripple from the very start had very interesting novelties, like support for multicurrency including fiat, instant settlement and integrated forex. Bitcoiners knew that Bitcoin was not just lacking this, it was even impossible to build it into the blockchain

Because there was nothing they could do or change about those 3, they INVENTED some other reasons to hate and to spread FUD like "centralized, premined SCAM, only for banks and the rich, .... 

With the premined scam they had a point as founders indeed grabbed 20% away to drop tem into their own pockets,  but all the rest is nonsense....

 

Edited by kanaas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most Bitcoiners hate Ripple/XRP with a passion. I am a Bitcoiner and I have been getting crap from them for YEARS now. I will correct FUD whenever it crosses my path, but I don't ever try and "sell" or "push" Ripple on anybody. And I *never* pit XRP against Bitcoin. They aren't in competition with each other. SWIFT and Visa are the competition. It's best to try and align with the crypto community whenever possible, IMO, because it helps build momentum when railing against the incumbents. And I genuinely think that Ripple/XRP are complimentary to other cryptocurrencies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understand that most people live in ideological bubbles. If you know a little about their bubble, you can accurately predict the type of things they will say. Those comments are great examples.

Were you genuinely surprised by anything they said?

Did they introduce any real arguments?

In their world, Corporations are a scourge and Banks are the ultimate embodiment of evil. To them, anarchy is progress. These ideas are accepted as truths and are not subject to critical examination.

You've seen those "starter kit" memes. What would theirs be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×