IOTA: Inner workings of The Tangle

Stumbled across this and found it a good resource for understanding Tangle vs Blockchain. Warning - audio levels are pretty inconsistent 

Please go to Github and see how much intellectual capital these guys have... zero. Look at who founded the company... if you can actually find an 'About Us' on their purported website.

Scam.

2 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

Please go to Github and see how much intellectual capital these guys have... zero. Look at who founded the company... if you can actually find an 'About Us' on their purported website.

Scam.

Everything that is not Ripple is a scam for you right?

I don't really understand it, but it looks legit to me: David Sønstebø, Sergey Ivancheglo, Dominik Schiener, and Dr. Serguei Popov founded IOTA in 2015. Serguei Popov, a Ph.D. in mathematics, laid out the math required for the Tangle which was then written into code by the programming prodigies Sergey Ivancheglo and Dominik Schiener.

5 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

Scam.

"See how much intellectual capital these guys" 

Why are you so negative? Strange!

6 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

Scam.

Quite a ridiculous post. 

thanks for sharing, great talk – learning more about Tangle every day. Reminds me of when I first got into Ripple and was trying to understand the 'ledgerchain' and its consensus vs traditional blockchain. 

seems we have blockchain (usually w/ pow, pos etc), ripple type systems aka "ledgerchains" and now this new approach

exciting times! 

@xudiannan yeah I heard IOTA had some NXT dev's and picked up on Sergey Ivancheglo's name. Agree, IOTA does look different in a good way. The big(ish) news in the community at the weekend was https://outlierventures.io/research/our-first-investment-in-tokens-is/ interesting that after looking at over 100s of 'blockchain' investments they choose IOTA (probably due to the business's they have on their address book and their focus -- supply chain focused -- which is interesting for IOTA i.e. getting exposure to Bosch, Philips, CISCO, etc...)

Max, I think you might want to consider the negative impact your comments can have, Europe and Asia have a different mindset and approach to North America, don't write things off just becuase they don't conform to your 'standards of opperation' -- the business world and world more generally is a lot more laid back and 'open minded' than it has been in the conservative past. Don't mean to start an argument with you, I come in peace to help educate and develop. 

mazza

51 minutes ago, Mazza said:

Max, I think you might want to consider the negative impact your comments can have, Europe and Asia have a different mindset and approach to North America, don't write things off just becuase they don't conform to your 'standards of opperation' -- the business world and world more generally is a lot more laid back and 'open minded' than it has been in the conservative past. Don't mean to start an argument with you, I come in peace to help educate and develop.

We verify things in the space based on code.  No code and people are right to question your motives and abilities to follow through.  Anyone can put up a little website...just as anyone can launch an ICO with little more than vaporware.  Point is...it is on IOTA to PROVE they are legitimate...not the people.  I can't definitively say IOTA is a scam but Max is right...the whole thing is suspect and he and others are right to speak on it and should continue to do so until these founders step up.

19 minutes ago, Coinseeker said:

We verify things in the space based on code.  No code and people are right to question your motives and abilities to follow through.  Anyone can put up a little website...just as anyone can launch an ICO with little more than vaporware.  Point is...it is on IOTA to PROVE they are legitimate...not the people.  I can't definitively say IOTA is a scam but Max is right...the whole thing is suspect and he and others are right to speak on it and should continue to do so until these founders step up.

Good to question and not just accept things blindly. I'll be tampering my enthusiasm.

You folks are contributing to mindless pump and dump. Anyone who looks at the following:

- code base

- developers

- website

Knows these guys are fake developers.

I will come back to this topic in six (6) months.

1 hour ago, Max Entropy said:

You folks are contributing to mindless pump and dump. Anyone who looks at the following:

- code base

- developers

- website

Knows these guys are fake developers.

I will come back to this topic in six (6) months.

Max, What do you recommend we look for? Serious question, I wan't to learn.