TiffanyHayden

What if banks NEVER touch a single XRP?

then hopefully it's announced 

and the first to know will sell and there'll be a crash panic selloff of epic proportions 

and legal cases against ripple after that

then a few niche cases might arise for it like bitcoin 

If they don't adopt, i see companies like mastercard, paypal, google etc taking a large chump of the banking world. Lower cost, faster transactions etc. Banks will crumble and a whole new generation of banks will be born. Offcourse, only if banks stick with the slow swift system.

17 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

It seems like everyone on the forum is banking (hehe) on XRP being adopted by banks. What if it's not? I know that Ripple has been targeting FI's (successfully), but that success could be completely independent of XRP. I promise I know all of the reasons why banks *should* use XRP and I'm not suggesting that they won't, but as a thought experiment only... What if banks don't want to have anything to do with XRP? Then what?

I can think of a hundred different ways to put XRP to use, but I'd really like to hear ideas from everyone else. I will send 100XRP to the idea that gets the most likes. :)

i actually don't think many people do believe banks will adopt XRP.  i believe the more common belief is that MMs will be the largest holders/users of XRP.  of course, some of these MMs may be fully/partially owned by banks.  

34 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

It seems like everyone on the forum is banking (hehe) on XRP being adopted by banks. What if it's not? I know that Ripple has been targeting FI's (successfully), but that success could be completely independent of XRP. I promise I know all of the reasons why banks *should* use XRP and I'm not suggesting that they won't, but as a thought experiment only... What if banks don't want to have anything to do with XRP? Then what?

I can think of a hundred different ways to put XRP to use, but I'd really like to hear ideas from everyone else. I will send 100XRP to the idea that gets the most likes. :)

If what David Schwartz said is true and Ripple is using XRP as a strategic weapon, I'm not concerned about XRP's future.

When we find out who's actually using or going to be using XRP, the price will already reflect that so it would be too late to jump in after public news.

A lot of people still think XRP is a 'scam coin' but their view will change when it becomes clear exactly who agreed to use XRP and who's keeping a certain amount as a reserve, etc...

I read a discussion in Discord and it is really powerful.  XRP complements the current banking system whereas bitcoin tries to replace banking system/Govts.  Go and tell that to the banks and Govts and see who they are going to work with.  Ultimately, they have very few choices and it is just a matter of times before small or large banks are using XRPs.  Period. 

Just now, wiredless1 said:

I have several ways I believe XRP can be used.  If I were younger, I'd hold onto the ideas, crowdsource them, get an SBA loan, put together a group of devs, biz development people and "go". Not gonna: not enough life left to give it all to the business of business. The business of life is too important.

1) Surveillance video authenticator system that proves "chain of custody". If commercial and home video is intended to convict those who commit crimes, what needs to be overcome is the verification process that the video is authentic, unedited, verifiable and retrievable. By splitting XRP units into small slices of available value units, each video is "blockchain" locked for use as evidence. Stored (via distributed, decentralized devices) that hold the "chain of evidence" for a specific period of time (useful disintegration if not crime related), then released to be erased and re-inserted into use again on the surveillance system. XRP is the escrow unit that holds the keys to the stored value or to the useless info. After escrow, it, too, is released with a portion of the XRP unit destroyed as well.

2) Grid "SCADA" device security for utilities. XRP is the broker token used on end-to-end SCADA devices to outflank the router port access that hackers use to gain access to the still scary "dumb" coding that sits on a qazillion utility company units around the planet.

3) Medical record aggregation. Over a lifetime, my medical information resides at many places, with many medical service organizations. With an XRP (again one that's divisible thanks to my ownership of a certain number of personally identifiable units) attachment to any medical service or medical need that relates to me, I can, at all times, or in different ways, collect, hold and store my personal medical information in my vault. Does a hospital, pharmacy, dentist, chiropractor, yoga instructor, nutritionist want my info, they deliver me their XRP value token for access to that which is pertinent. A full-on, permanent record of everything done, investigated, offered, diagnosed, delivered is mine. I am able to efficiently deliver a history, a prescription, a financial comparison, a claim, a challenge....etc.  The medical XRP.

Enough for the moment. 

Just give @wiredless1 the 100 XRP already! Wow...

@TiffanyHayden  PS: Interesting that no one yet is offering use cases or is brainstorming about other solutions. Each person is vouching for the banks, for the way Ripple is moving ahead, why someone likes it, how to defend it and why it might be silly to not lead but follow the Ripple strategy.  Brainstorming leads to brainswarming which leads to another avenue to making sustainable, recurring money for oneself, improving a lifestyle. There's more than one way with a great technology to achieve success.

4 minutes ago, wiredless1 said:

@TiffanyHayden  PS: Interesting that no one yet is offering use cases or is brainstorming about other solutions. Each person is vouching for the banks, for the way Ripple is moving ahead, why someone likes it, how to defend it and why it might be silly to not lead but follow the Ripple strategy.  Brainstorming leads to brainswarming which leads to another avenue to making sustainable, recurring money for oneself, improving a lifestyle. There's more than one way with a great technology to achieve success.

We need more of your ideas, @wiredless1.

12 minutes ago, wiredless1 said:

@TiffanyHayden  PS: Interesting that no one yet is offering use cases or is brainstorming about other solutions.

I know! I thought when I checked back in there was going to be a bunch of fun ideas to read through. I can't believe I got called a FUD spreader. I wanted this thread to get people excited about XRP and maybe even inspire some to be proactive. Geesh.

Your ideas are really cool, btw.

Edited by TiffanyHayden