Why are many crypto currency enthusiasts hesitant to buy XRP?

I don't get it, XRP does everything bitcoin does in a better fashion, plus more, minus enabling crime. The only advantage bitcoin has is more press and a first mover advantage. Ripple is with 75+ banks and has the most real world potential compared to many joke coins. They say the market is always right, but i'm not really connecting the dots here. I bought at the ATH so I may be a little salty but I'm genuinely perplexed as to why people will put their money into random stuff instead of XRP. Please enlighten me.

This Question is such big as the life question :D 

- Cryptospace is to idealisitic to work with banks (But for ethereum its no problem :blink:)

- there was too much scareness and scam talk at the beginning

- there was no decentralisation

- to much Coins

- no mining

-etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And my personal openium is that crypto's still mostly used for crime and manipulation and a big playground for kids. All the others can see big potential and an comercial usage of blockchain tech.

2 minutes ago, Elitefoo said:

I can't argue with that.

Only. Hand full of people know about Ripple, let alone XRP. 

"Ripple what?

ya the company that will take over SWIFT...

"What's swift?"

Lmao exactly!!

I feel xrp is going to be very, very, very big, but right now we are dealing with a lot of bitcoin haters that do not like it because banks are involved. I have seen so many delusional comments about how its a bankers coin or the banks made it. They actually think the banks got together and stated xrp when in actuality ripple is a company providing a service for banks. Then the haters talk FUD all day long on all their forums and all the newbies read this FUD. So the newbies go into bitcoin or some other stupid coin that has no purpose because they do not do their own research but rather think that listening to a few people on a forum is research enough. Some people are waking up as news starts to come out and i suspect as more good news comes out even more will wake up. 

And when people finally see that this thing is going to be big it will be too late for most of them to get in where you and me did. It will be so big that everyone will be desperate for xrp. It will be the talk of the street.

We all make jokes about it, but I look at the timing of the fidget spinner as a sign from God, but that is not the reason i got into xrp. I was already in. But anyways why is it that the fidget spinner as simple as the construction of this thing is, why was it not made years ago. It came out the same year xrp started going up. The timing is just an obvious prophetic sign from God (Jesus) that he is in control and xrp is going to be in high demand just like the fidget spinner is now. And where i live people are going nuts for these stupid fidget spinners, so i think people will also go nuts for xrp in the future. It also reminds me of a profit Kim Clement that prophesied Bill Gates will develop a way for Christians to move money across the world with ease. If i remember correctly Bill is co founder of Microsoft and Microsoft is invested in xrp so hopefully there is a connection. So i would just sit back and wait for the big breakthrough. That,s my 2 cents.

I am really frustrated XRP is the worst coin in latest 7 days (at least). It just hurts stomach to have a coin like XRP. Can't believe other coins are skyrocketing and JUST XRP is dropping, like hell too. This can't be a good sign unfortunately.

@gotxrp ...you surely connected the dots with Kim Gates Microsoft and XRP.  I think the major reason is that if you want to buy XRP anywhere in the world. the easiest way to do so it buy bitcoins and convert it to XRP. This gives bitcoin an added advantage. There is high need to decouple this association and compete head to head.

People usually dont care to investigate themselves.

Oh you made money? Tell me how you do that!

If you put a bucket full of gold on the streets there is a chance people just pass by because they aren't told it's worth something. Too stupid to think for themselves.

In the end the usecase adoption and the facts like settlement speed and auto path finding might convince people why XRP ledger is good for certain things. But that's at the moment when everybody tells them so.

There's also some trolling and FUD. Maybe because some people have a very profitable business with mining. And you don't want to lose your revenues or invested hardware to a competing technique that has no mining / outrageous energy consumption / very low transaction fees / quick settlement etc. Ripple of course has a lot of XRP but that should be sold in big portions to FI's once things get rolling. At least they can say they haven't used the power consumption of a city to mine all coins.

Also a lot of people think it's a bank coin. XRP ledger is competly open for use by anyone for whatever they want. It's decentralised already and in the process of being more decentralised than bitcoin. Ripple emphasizes compliance and tries to convince financial institutions like banks to start using XRP Ledger for international payments, and tries to solve all (legal) issues or concerns FI's might have. In the end this might be the first thing that gets mass adoption in a legal / compliant way by companies.

And still you can just use XRP for whatever you want, to pay your friends without any bank involvement for example. You can even issue your own coins on XRP ledger. Completely out of touch of banks if you want to. But hippies prefer wasting a lot of electricity mining coins because that's so against the system or whatever their motivation is.

In reallife I also see people with limited technical experience who started buying crypto's like reddcoin, dogecoin etc. They sometimes admit it's just the name, logo or price that attracts. They did no investigation what the coin really is about.

Also Ripple is not really full force targetting the cryptocoin scene and still busy with getting FI's aboard etc. If they do start a active campaign targetting the cryptocoins world, you will probably notice that.

So .... some people want coins that are minable because they can make money that way, some just want complete privacy to buy certain things, some just buy random crapcoins based on the name or logo, many don't bother to investigate, people believe FUD, some are still concerned about Ripple having XRP,  some people want against-the-system-coins with no associations to companies or banks, some people only jump in when the train goes up etc etc.

Edited by edwin90
typo

32 minutes ago, tulo said:

I think the main motivations for BTC fanboys are:

1. Non decentralization
  2. "Premined"
  3. Works with banks

And who tell you people are still hesitant? There are lots of XRP not in the hand of Ripple...

I think it's even more simple. Just two words: Greed and Lazy, or make it three: adding Stupid. 1/Greed is obvious, 2/To Lazy to learn about all that differs from Bitcoin as Bitcoin was/is the only for them that seems to be the most easy to mine. 3/For those that nevertheless did some efforts to read about Ripple they obvious were to Stupid to understand it.

Oh yes there IS a small (yes VERY small) group not fitting into that 3-words definition: the Bitcoin Purists, the group that really thinks Bitcoin and only Bitcoin can save the world from greedy bankers....

3 minutes ago, fracas said:

I am really frustrated XRP is the worst coin in latest 7 days (at least). It just hurts stomach to have a coin like XRP. Can't believe other coins are skyrocketing and JUST XRP is dropping, like hell too. This can't be a good sign unfortunately.

If you have emotional pain because of an investment then you didn't do something good in my opinion. Feel free to sell and jump on another train.

( I think its a good sign btw )

1 hour ago, ripple2k20 said:

I don't get it, XRP does everything bitcoin does in a better fashion, plus more, minus enabling crime. The only advantage bitcoin has is more press and a first mover advantage. Ripple is with 75+ banks and has the most real world potential compared to many joke coins. They say the market is always right, but i'm not really connecting the dots here. I bought at the ATH so I may be a little salty but I'm genuinely perplexed as to why people will put their money into random stuff instead of XRP. Please enlighten me.

Not all are. I respect Market Sniper and he bullish on xrp

7 minutes ago, fracas said:

Depends how long your in. Most in from 2015 or even before like me from end 2013 had always faith in the tech and the team. My faith is not gone by this fallback from 0.4 to 0.25. We came from 0.0025 during some of the worst JED related bumps you know. You believe in Ripple or you don't. As long as you do there is no reason to panic.