brianwalden

Ripple Tube Steak Club

I hereby pronounce the founding of the Ripple Tube Steak Club, an association dedicated to the betterment of mankind in general and Ripple in particular through the mastication of tube steaks (also known as eating hotdogs). Our charism is to eat 2016 hotdogs the year of our Lord 2016 and record our accomplishments in the Ripple Consensus Ledger for all the world to see.

To participate in the club:

1. Post your address here and I'll setup a trustline from rUW1J87NxMyuacmyDyndmcMUAktUk98Sck (~tubesteakclub) to your wallet
  2. For every hotdog you eat in 2016, send 1 HOT to rNMc8DY5pQFvSy87qL9XZ7s933kBqH3s1H (~hotdogheaven)
  3. To monitor the club's progress check the balance of HOT in rNMc8DY5pQFvSy87qL9XZ7s933kBqH3s1H (~hotdogheaven). To see how each individual member is doing, check the balance of rUW1J87NxMyuacmyDyndmcMUAktUk98Sck (~tubesteakclub)

Details:

I've dedicated two wallets to this purpose: rUW1J87NxMyuacmyDyndmcMUAktUk98Sck (known for a few more weeks as ~tubesteakclub) and rNMc8DY5pQFvSy87qL9XZ7s933kBqH3s1H (known for a few more weeks as ~hotdogheaven). If you join the Tube Steak Club, rUW1J87NxMyuacmyDyndmcMUAktUk98Sck will extend a trustline to you for HOT (I would have used DOG, but that would create too much confusion with a certain Shiba-themed coin). For every hotdog you eat in 2016, send 1 HOT to rNMc8DY5pQFvSy87qL9XZ7s933kBqH3s1H (note this is a different address). The reason for using two wallets is that one will hotdogs eaten for each individual, while the other will record the total count for the group. If enough people join the group we can add more fine-tuned recording, for example by continent or whatever we feel is relevant.

FAQ:

1. Are HOT worth anything? No. The Tube Steak Club is merely using Ripple as an accounting system. This is just a way to have fun, eat unhealthily, and use Ripple (since we all won't be doing that anytime soon unless we own a bank, amirite?)
  2. What qualifies as a hotdog? 1) Any meat that's made in links: hotdogs, sausage, salami, etc. 2) Any meat-substitute that's intended to replace one of the items in definition 1. For example: veggie hotdogs count; throwing a mozzarella stick in a bun and trying to call it a hotdog does not.
  3. Do I have to eat the whole thing? Yes, you can only record full, non-fractional units of hotdogs. This is particularly difficult if you want to use something from the salami family which typically comes in a huge tube that's sliced into individual servings. On the other hand, if you eat thirty cocktail wieners those would each be an individual hotdog (however if you feel shameful about eating thirty cocktail wieners, you're not required to record every hotdog you eat).
  4. Do I have to eat it on a bun? No, this isn't the Nathan's Hotdog-eating contest.
  5. What's to stop someone from cheating? Only your honor as a gentleman (yes, women have gentlemanly honor too).
  6. Can I post pictures? We don't need to see every hotdog you eat, but if you eat something particularly interesting feel free to post a picture to the thread.
  7. When, exactly does the year start and end? Since Ripple Labs is in San Francisco we'll use PST (GMT minus 8 hours). So on or after 12:00AM on January 1, 2016 and before 12:00AM on January 1, 2017

This post will be updated as needed.

Hi, 

Just joined today . Thanks Tom for the invite. 

Can we have steak (1/2 lb ) and consider it as one hot dog? so this way we can still have a healthy diet and attract more participants?

Edited by Rose

21 minutes ago, Rose said:

Hi, 

Just joined today . Thanks Tom for the invite. 

Can we have steak (1/2 lb ) and consider it as one hot dog? so this way we can still have a healthy diet and attract more participants?

Sorry, but unless it's a link, no. You're welcome to eat turkey dogs/sausage, veggie dogs/sausage, or tofu dogs/sausage, etc.

Sorry I haven't been around much, life's been busy lately. New years day has found me without any hotdogs in the house, but they're on the grocery list for this weekend.

Looks like Mercury and I are going to be eating a lot of hotdogs. Anyone else who wants to participate is welcome to join at any time.

I always find it surprising how some people still cling to the myth that red meat is somehow unhealthy, despite that it's partly responsible for the development of our species' larger brain capacity. Red meat and fish (proper meat, not processed garbage) are probably the two best things you could eat, if you could only choose two things to survive on. It's almost impossible to become overweight by eating meat; it's usually the sugar, bread/grains, "vegetable" oils, and other nasty adornments that contribute to fat gain, since none of these things have any nutritional content and/or are toxic to the gut/flora, etc.

Eat as much delicious steak as you can, fat and all!

On 1/2/2016 at 7:58 AM, brianwalden said:

Sorry I haven't been around much, life's been busy lately. New years day has found me without any hotdogs in the house, but they're on the grocery list for this weekend.

Looks like Mercury and I are going to be eating a lot of hotdogs. Anyone else who wants to participate is welcome to join at any time.

I just sent four HOT's to ~hotdogheaven. 

I am sure I am stretching the rules already, but feel confident I earned it.

On Dec 31 I attended Hogmanay, a Scottish New Years celebration. The idea is attendees countdown the New Year in Scotland in real time (with the added benefit of being able to go to bed at decent hour- I can't pull the late nights like all those young people) in the traditional Scottish way. Long story short- there was bagpipes, dancers, kilts... haggis... And when in faux Scotland... I am claiming haggis a link(ish) food. Mystery parts of an animal, salted and seasoned and encased in a casing? Link(ish). I am also claiming celebrating a New Years celebration, even not local time, good enough date to start counting. Because you know, haggis. I earned it damn it! So one HOT.

I also did a little soul searching when I realized I wasn't brave enough to go for the Haggis poutine. Made me consider if I wasn't accepting enough for dual cultural food infusion. 

After downing a whiskey I went in pursuit of further palate cleanser and found a stand selling whiskey jalapeno sausage. Hey! More whiskey! After eating that and a bottle of water I came to the realization that 1) the Scots are not pansy's and 2) two HOTs.

The following day I went to a birthday party where the main course was chili dogs, hot dogs (happily none sheep pluck stuffed, at least not noticeably) in a bun with chili on top. Had two, so two more HOTs.

Not a bad start to the New Year. On a side note- sending the four HOTs was the last action I did on Ripple Trade before migrating to Gatehub.

I will fight anyone over if the Haggis should be included.

13 hours ago, Mercury said:

On a side note- sending the four HOTs was the last action I did on Ripple Trade before migrating to Gatehub.

Ooooor it would have been the last action I would have done if Gatehub allowed me to log in. Apparently I am not receiving the 2 factor log in, nor the emails when I got frustrated and tried the forgot password... Sigh. Might have to eat my emotions with another hotdog

Edited by Mercury

I would have to say haggis counts. The only thing missing is the shape because it's encased in a stomach instead of an intestine - I'm not gonna disqualify it for that.

And given the size of our group, I've got no problem with you using Scottish time. I think a wise man once said, "It's 12 o'clock somewhere."