karlos

Press Rules - MUST READ BEFORE POSTING!

@Karlos

There was someone saying they were from the New York Times on the forum the other day wanting participants for press articles. Do we have a dedicated section on the site for genuine journalists who want to do such activities with the community here..?

@thunderw - I've looked for the thread but can't find it, nor the member. 

They posted the following link in the thread [to articles they had previously written] which I still have in my browser history - https://www.nytimes.com/column/future-tense

They were wanting to contact people but only if they could use real names! 

8 hours ago, Lando said:

@Karlos

There was someone saying they were from the New York Times on the forum the other day wanting participants for press articles. Do we have a dedicated section on the site for genuine journalists who want to do such activities with the community here..?

I don't think we need a whole section for journalists, it a pretty rare event. Last I heard we were waiting to verify them.

2 hours ago, karlos said:

I don't think we need a whole section for journalists, it a pretty rare event. Last I heard we were waiting to verify them.

FYI, I still have not yet been contacted by the editor. (Trying to make sure he's a legit journalist and not a scammer/phisher.)

So I just got a warning for posting a link to an article talking about how the South Korean government is not banning cryptocurrency trading. The reason being it has nothing to do with Ripple: I was dumbfounded, as I wonder whether the guy who dished out my warning understood the implications of this piece of news on Ripple. You'd think that after XRP's price suffered from the news that CMC was removing South Korean valuations this person would grasp the gravity of one of the world's largest source of cryptocurrency trading volume potentially being banned from doing so.

Under this premise, I eagerly await the moderators deleting the article about KFC and Bitcoin and issuing the poster a warning, as that would classify a breach of their rules far more so than mine.

Edited by karmflln