xourexe

Mastercard testing Ripple for cross border B2B payments...

This could be very bad. Open sourcing unique technology incentivizes companies to imitate and implement their own version without the use of a third party. If this trend continues, it's possible XRP will destroy itself and fall to 0.

Open source is not a problem,.. look at VMware... their core component is open source but the Eco-system has plenty of code that is not open source.

10 hours ago, Galahad said:

This could be very bad. Open sourcing unique technology incentivizes companies to imitate and implement their own version without the use of a third party. If this trend continues, it's possible XRP will destroy itself and fall to 0.

You should sell; then go warn the Ethereum fans that JP Morgan/EAA isn't using the public ETH token or its chain at all

17 minutes ago, Galahad said:

Can we ban this guy? He is a troll. 

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

Can we ban this guy? He is a troll. 

I'm simply speculating as much as anyone else here is. Don't be upset that the possibilities might be tough. I hope and wish the price to rise - but if news dictates otherwise, one must prepare for the worst. 

1 minute ago, Galahad said:

I'm simply speculating as much as anyone else here is. Don't be upset that the possibilities might be tough. I hope and wish the price to rise - but if news dictates otherwise, one must prepare for the worst. 

Case in point. 

It's getting near time to go hibernate again...too many wild projections up and down to sift through the good stuff. 

Skys the limit, sky is falling, sky's the limit, sky is falling.... all while we've been trading sideways in a 5-6 cent band. 

The recent demo of the interledger ETH/XRP payment is concrete evidence everything is going in the right direction, even if the price is (currently) not. 

Show me one single appreciating asset that goes on a linear trajectory up, and never down. Just one. 

9 minutes ago, Galahad said:

I wasted 3 hours of my life in the zerpbox today. I can confirm. @Galahad is here to troll.

8 minutes ago, Galahad said:

Mastercard testing Ripple. If it's not fake (still one single source), how the hell can that be bad news for Ripple??? You really must be or an idiot or a troll (probably both)

10 hours ago, joey said:

I wasted 3 hours of my life in the zerpbox today. I can confirm. @Galahad is here to troll.

Its actually good thing (not wasting). As it means large amounts of varying people coming to Ripple.

some people focus on only bad, some on only good, some on both.

Ripple doing well when all types here, the balance of the universe

Guest petke
9 minutes ago, Galahad said:

One thing to keep in mind.

If a bank, country, payment service wanted to make their own coin and ripple inspired tech. To be competitive with ripple over XRP though these new clones would not only have to compete on technical merit, but also pump enough money into their coin to compete with XRP on liquidity. Otherwise their payment fx-fees would be higher.

It does not seem to make business sense to spend a huge amount of time and money making something that already exists and that is free to use.