Hodor

Crypto SuperTrend and June XRP Price Prediction

@Observer My guess is that there is still some fear after the big dump. Also, XRP is one of the coins that has a lot of negative news projected towards them for whatever reasons. 

A lot of altcoins nowadays have really big plans but not a lot of developer backing. Because they are still small, the potential increase in market cap is a feature a lot of investors are interested in. If you want to take big risks; by any means buy those altcoins. Potential of failure is huge imho.

Reasons to stick with ripple:

- experiments are just getting started

- ripple labs have experts on board

- technology potential is huge

- XRP  (and the potential of other crypto) is still relatively unknown to the general public

36 minutes ago, Jun said:

Eth and ripple are the ones that can skyrocket

problem with eth that many think it's a scam 

i am sure, there are more xrp haters who thinks its a scam

1 hour ago, Virunga said:

- XRP  (and the potential of other crypto) is still relatively unknown to the general public

I would say this is a huge understatement.
Maaaaaaaaany people barely heard about bitcoin, nuff' said.

3 hours ago, Observer said:

If XRP were to be used for transactions by financial institutions, do you think this is something Ripple or the banks would communicate and promote or could we expect the opposite, a "silent launch", so to speak?

A friend of mine works in Switzerland for one of the large banks which is on Ripple's list. He knows the bank he works for does experiment with blockchain technology. 'Ripple' and 'XRP' didn't ring any bell. 

My experience with banks is:

1. They want to cut costs

2. They are conservative

3. They're not open and transparent

4. They avoid risks

XRP and Ripple will cut costs. But what are the risks?

4 hours ago, Observer said:

This is precisely what concerns me, too. To be fair, we have all become accustomed to "growth rates" that are beyond anything the stock market delivers and a good measure of patience and modesty appear to be warranted. On the other hand, most of us are in this space, because we aim to become rich quick. Thanks to XRP's rise, I have been able to increase a small sum of around 1500 dollars which I had already forgotten to over 75000 in a incredibly short timespan. I have so far held onto my XRP for three main reasons: XRP is the third largest crypto currency according to coinmarketcap.com. In the wake of XRP's meteoric rise, the Ripple company and its project have attracted widespread attention beyond the cryptocurrency space. Also as a result of the price increase, XRP is now on offer on multiple other crypto exchanges.

It's not "thanks to XRP" because almost every alt-coin did the same raise (if not more). You had just to have invested in one or some of them. Have you seen other alt-coins? They have raised even more. It's crypto that increased in value. All of coins.

The only one stagnating now is XRP... I think because they don't have a great marketing department.

Edited by fracas

I don't think a low price is important to banks as XRP is a medium 'inbetween'. Even though a transaction is done within seconds, stability is most important for a bank is my guess. When we had the dip more than a week ago the value plummeted in a matter of seconds. Banks don't like that. Especially not when they have to cut costs as it has become very tough to earn on interest (the traditional source of income for banks).

Stability can be attained by

1. a tremendous high volume of XRP when XRP's price stays low, or
2. a low volume with an high(er) price per XRP.

The latter would be in our advantage.

Thing is: these Ripple employees can only spend their time once (like all of us mortals). So I fully understand that they are focussed on banks instead of paying attention to marketing for a relative small group of wishful thinking people with a relative small budget. This focus is a good thing if you ask me. There's always a risk XRP won't succeed. So I really hope they spend their time on banks and governments instead of marketing for us. First things first.

So give the guys a break and spend your time with family and beer and come back later.

36 minutes ago, Displayed said:

Face it: we're not important for Ripple. The banks are.

And let's be honest: given their business model they're right.

This.

We'll see bigger price movements once more and more big players adopt and start using it.

They are focusing on the work, quality and efficiency.

XRP value will follow that, not the other way around.

IMHO, it's the proper way

On 6/3/2017 at 5:36 PM, Hodor said:

I am... and I tend not to realize that others on this forum have been "burned" by risking too much. ...

I just added a disclaimer on my post at the top; I don't want people to risk their hard-earned money based on my analysis.  I'm really not that good at technical analysis at all. 

The point of the thread was just to share what I found out about the projected market capitalization. 

I believe its good news, but it's not meant to be investment advice - I just believe very strongly in XRP! 

Leaving optimism and pessimism bias aside, your post is right on the money so to speak. 

simply put, there is increasing desperateness from the main traditional markets to seek new avenue. Crypto is one of the newest high risk avenues and it is attracting money. given growing interest, its literally just an equation extension to state that this is JUST the beginning and the increasing interest and inflow of funds will continue at least until it reaches to some single digit percent in comparison to other markets. 

while we are conditioned to believe that 1 usd is a big jump, considering the amount of value in world and other situation, this is not the case.  

Thanks for the post and also the important numbers. 

Kindly, 
R8

9 minutes ago, R8102V1D2D said:

Leaving optimism and pessimism bias aside, your post is right on the money so to speak. 

simply put, there is increasing desperateness from the main traditional markets to seek new avenue. Crypto is one of the newest high risk avenues and it is attracting money. given growing interest, its literally just an equation extension to state that this is JUST the beginning and the increasing interest and inflow of funds will continue at least until it reaches to some single digit percent in comparison to other markets. 

while we are conditioned to believe that 1 usd is a big jump, considering the amount of value in world and other situation, this is not the case.  

Thanks for the post and also the important numbers. 

Kindly, 
R8

Is it too far fetched to believe that XRP could ever hit $100, $200 or even more?

I'd think so with there being so many in circulation. What do  you view as the absolute ceiling that XRP could reach?

1 minute ago, XdmXrp said:

Is it too far fetched to believe that XRP could ever hit $100, $200 or even more?

I'd think so with there being so many in circulation. What do  you view as the absolute ceiling that XRP could reach?

in my honest opinion I feel as though $100 is a little far-fetched 

14 minutes ago, XdmXrp said:

OH boy ! I am more on the thought trails like @pompous-p. anything above 4 to 6  USD seems to far fetched to me... but i have been humbled by market many times. As i have said before, I can see 1 USD very easy - perhaps in the next few months... but more then that - will mean lots of money should move in ... just my personal thoughts, and not based on any proper analysis, so take ti with a big pinch of salt. 

Edited by R8102V1D2D