Bagheera

1st post to ask a nagging question about XRP and Ripple

I have been following Ripple and XRP for a month now and have tucked away some XRP for a rainy day. I have also been reading statements on the internet indicating that Ripple customers do not need to use XRP and can use their own or any other. Can someone point me to the value proposition for XRP if this is in fact true? Thank you, much appreciated.

10 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

Recently, people have discovered that they can use XRP for pretty much any application they'd use bitcoin for. And they benefit from XRP's faster transactions, higher throughput, lower transaction fee, better governance, and significant feature set including key rotation, escrow, native multisign, distributed exchange, cross-currency payments, and so on.

Beautiful summation

26 minutes ago, Bagheera said:

Can someone point me to the value proposition for XRP if this is in fact true? Thank you, much appreciated.

JK said it the most concisely.  If you want Ripple's official value proposition about how it benefits banks and ForEx exchanges, then their material is also helpful for a deeper dive:

https://ripple.com/files/xrp_cost_model_paper.pdf

Thank you JoelKatz and Hodor, this is very much appreciated. My own summary then would be as long as Ripple remains focused on delighting its customers and those who hold XRP exercise patience for the long term strategic plan that Ripple has in mind, then it will be a win-win for Ripple and XRP holders.