Ivanker

Do you reali belive in 10$ per 1 XRP?

3 hours ago, Ivanker said:

Do you reali belive in 10$ per 1 XRP in near future? Market cap of XRP will be around 450B, that's 6 times bigger than all cryptos together now, 12 times bigger than BTC now. I thing it is should be real revolution, like Apple did it with cell phones. What is the chances that Ripple or any one ales will make it in near future....

I saw the title and nodded my head, "yes".   Just FYI.  :yes3:

The current market capitalization of the entire crypto market is still only $83 billion.  (source: https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-experience-flow-new-money-mainstream-attention/ )  That's smaller than the market capitalization of many public companies.  An entire industry where captial flight is starting? 

Yeah, we're at the beginning of this trend, not at the end...  Even with all the barriers to entry, people want a way to sock away their hard-earned money, and a reputable crypto-currency like XRP is the gold standard compared to the other choices.  

Edited by Hodor

Ripple Lab's goal is for XRP to become the the primary token for transfer of value.  What is used to transfer value? Money. If XRP becomes "Money," and if the US experiences severe inflation, the depreciation of the USD might be horrible, while the appreciation of XRP might be phenomenal. If the US does not experience severe inflation, XRP may still increase in value.

About a predicted 'Fed Coin'... Sooner or later, the US Gov't will go to digital currency - this is clear. But why make a 'Fed Coin,' when there is already a coin (XRP) that the Fed's can use? Besides, I don't think the banks that have already invested in XRP would want a Fed Coin. So, it would not surprise me to see the Federal Reserve make a deal with Ripple Labs to assume control of XRP, or for the Federal Gov't to appropriate all XRP, by decree. These are just my thoughts on realities and possibilities

5 hours ago, Ivanker said:

Do you reali belive in 10$ per 1 XRP

Yes.  I believe in every integer from 1 to 100 for XRP just like ETH and DASH experienced.  No one can predict the exact time frame.  The only reason this wouldn't happen is if some Black Swan event occurred, which by definition, is unpredictable.  Otherwise, the price will follow an upward trajectory path.

I do believe, and World Economic Forum believes it too:

https://www.inc.com/brian-d-evans/is-ethereum-in-a-bubble-heres-what-you-need-to-know.html

"According to the World Economic Forum (WEF), the blockchain ecosystem will store 10% of the world's GDP ($101 trillion) by 2025. At the time of writing, the total market capitalization for all blockchain tokens combined is $75 billion. If the WEF is correct, this means the total market capitalization will be $10.1 trillion by 2025. The predictable areas blockchain technology is set to transform cover financial services, insurance, cybersecurity, elections, energy, logistics, identity, legal, governance, and healthcare, for example. In conclusion, if the estimates by the WEF turn out to be accurate, the expected growth for the blockchain ecosystem should be approximately 13,333% within the next eight years. Anything above this percentage construes a bubble, hence we still have a long way to go."

And seeing XRP is the best crypto is far more than a hope:

Hello All!! Been lurking for about 2 months on the forum, and finally signed up. Noticed altcoins end of March '17 and got in on ripple, really believe in it!

One question...Given that ETH is $200 odd today, having come up real quick, and has a solid use case including banks etc, why is Ripple only talked about in $1 terms in the main?

Why can't Ripple be $150 in 12 months time? and quite plausibly at that, given the analogy with ETH?

24 minutes ago, Mutruk said:

Hello All!! Been lurking for about 2 months on the forum, and finally signed up. Noticed altcoins end of March '17 and got in on ripple, really believe in it!

One question...Given that ETH is $200 odd today, having come up real quick, and has a solid use case including banks etc, why is Ripple only talked about in $1 terms in the main?

Why can't Ripple be $150 in 12 months time? and quite plausibly at that, given the analogy with ETH?

mostly because of the supply

11 minutes ago, phanner said:

mostly because of the supply

I would say it's a bit more due to regulations (depends where), which is based on the more important thing: How widely it is used. 
We don't know how fast the system can be implemented when a new, big client shows up. 

So, I'd say it'll rise as fast as the word and use can spread.

2 hours ago, plutopark said:

Ripple Lab's goal is for XRP to become the the primary token for transfer of value.  What is used to transfer value? Money. If XRP becomes "Money," and if the US experiences severe inflation, the depreciation of the USD might be horrible, while the appreciation of XRP might be phenomenal. If the US does not experience severe inflation, XRP may still increase in value.

About a predicted 'Fed Coin'... Sooner or later, the US Gov't will go to digital currency - this is clear. But why make a 'Fed Coin,' when there is already a coin (XRP) that the Fed's can use? Besides, I don't think the banks that have already invested in XRP would want a Fed Coin. So, it would not surprise me to see the Federal Reserve make a deal with Ripple Labs to assume control of XRP, or for the Federal Gov't to appropriate all XRP, by decree. These are just my thoughts on realities and possibilities

Yes, I agree that a new regulated digital currency will be announced soon...

Guess which is it, that is far ahead in the terms of coins that are regulated?

9 hours ago, dierstekker said:

Well, the question has been asked over and over again. Just read through the topics that already exist. Don't soil this forum with another, similar, question. Why is that necessary? Who needs that?

There is already plenty of stuff on this forum to give you an idea of, or a way of calculating, future price. Read up, don't be lazy. 

And I, sir, I know nothing about your wealth. And I don't care. I really don't. So lower that tone. 

On this forum, we used to be polite to eachother. Those days seem to be gone too, now that the cryptokiddies have found out about xrp. And guess what: they found out after the 40x price increase. And now they all want to know if another rise like that is possible.

Well, it is. But be patient. Or go playing with some other coin. 

The point of my question was, how it can be that XRP can get so huge market cap? What needed for that? Is it possible or not? How people who think so explain it? And I got some answers, some points of view but not from you.

9 hours ago, Ivanker said:

Don't be mad, questions like that will come owe and owe again. Just deal with it.

P.S. And my question is not about will I ever be rich. Maybe I rich now....what the hell you know.

Agreed. If u dont like a question or topic . Disregard it and let others answer it....

9 hours ago, dierstekker said:

Well, the question has been asked over and over again. Just read through the topics that already exist. Don't soil this forum with another, similar, question. Why is that necessary? Who needs that?

There is already plenty of stuff on this forum to give you an idea of, or a way of calculating, future price. Read up, don't be lazy. 

And I, sir, I know nothing about your wealth. And I don't care. I really don't. So lower that tone. 

On this forum, we used to be polite to eachother. Those days seem to be gone too, now that the cryptokiddies have found out about xrp. And guess what: they found out after the 40x price increase. And now they all want to know if another rise like that is possible.

Well, it is. But be patient. Or go playing with some other coin. 

With all due respect, what about ur tone mate. ? 

4 hours ago, Mutruk said:

Take price x # units in supply.

E.g. Bitcoin price $2200 x # 16m  = $36bn market cap

XRP price = $0.22 x # 38 billion = $8bn market cap 

Now $150 x # 38 billion = $5.7 trillion market cap, so you need Ripple to have that much market cap for it to be that price.

I don't think it's impossible but there is a long way to go. Current total market cap of all cryptos is about $80 bn

https://coinmarketcap.com/

(I've ignores the burning rate in the above calcs)