Displayed

Crash or business as usual?

The past month I've been lurking a lot here, in Subreddits and RSS feeds about Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple/XRP and so on. I've noticed a couple of things:

1. We're dealing with a relative small number of people in an emerging hence volatile market
  2. Many among us talk about an impossible market cap as if we're talking shares or precious metals. According to my opinion this really is another cup of tea and another paradigm. We're talking about a complete other way of exchanging value (instead of using money)
  3. This is the very very early stage of a new era in which money and reward for value transforms
  4. There's a lot of 'hooliganism' between blood groups. Get real! No need for gang wars: currently the important coins are in the same boat sailing on the same wind on the same ocean.

So, it makes no sense to panic when the value of your assets drop 10 to 20%. It's part of the game and sooner or later it will go up again. Neither does it make any sense to suspect conspiracies (as long as the market is in a very premature stage it volatile becauze of a relative small volume and a relative very tiny (!) market cap).

On the other hand does it also make no sense to shout HODL or MOON when there's a huge rally. In the end there will be growth. A drop like we've seen today seems pretty normal to me. It really is way too naive to expect continuous growth. To quote wise words from an English metal band: "run through the hills!" ;-)

As all coins are on the same ocean it's better to keep this ocean blue instead of red. Diversivy and wait.

I think it's better to consider yourself lucky. You had and have the chance to invest early which really is an huge advantage!

pizza anyone?

Edited by Displayed

bitcoiners are trying to protect their market share - they wont give up the fight

good for them!!!

but they're doomed -- end of the day, the history of tech says that old tech dies and the best survives 

bitcoins slow, weak, susceptible, corrupted, indecisive, unsexy 

the asians get it... but china holds a big chunk of bitcoin/mining, so they'll fight 

1 hour ago, Displayed said:

The past month I've been lurking a lot here, in Subreddits and RSS feeds about Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple/XRP and so on. I've noticed a couple of things:

1. We're dealing with a relative small number of people in an emerging hence volatile market
  2. Many among us talk about an impossible market cap as if we're talking shares or precious metals. According to my opinion this really is another cup of tea and another paradigm. We're talking about a complete other way of exchanging value (instead of using money)
  3. This is the very very early stage of a new era in which money and reward for value transforms
  4. There's a lot of 'hooliganism' between blood groups. Get real! No need for gang wars: currently the important coins are in the same boat sailing on the same wind on the same ocean.

So, it makes no sense to panic when the value of your assets drop 10 to 20%. It's part of the game and sooner or later it will go up again. Neither does it make any sense to suspect conspiracies (as long as the market is in a very premature stage it volatile becauze of a relative small volume and a relative very tiny (!) market cap).

On the other hand does it also make no sense to shout HODL or MOON when there's a huge rally. In the end there will be growth. A drop like we've seen today seems pretty normal to me. It really is way too naive to expect continuous growth. To quote wise words from an English metal band: "run through the hills!" ;-)

As all coins are on the same ocean it's better to keep this ocean blue instead of red. Diversivy and wait.

I think it's better to consider yourself lucky. You had and have the chance to invest early which really is an huge advantage!

pizza anyone?

Five star ***** post.

Agree!  I am happy I got involved 3 years ago!  Ripple only though.  Every bit helps.  Like many big time stock investors state. "Buy on the dip".  They obviously believed the prices would rise again.  This is the future of transacting IMO.  Best of luck to everyone!

6 hours ago, Displayed said:

So, it makes no sense to panic when the value of your assets drop 10 to 20%. It's part of the game and sooner or later it will go up again.

+1 :dirol:

6 hours ago, Displayed said:

pizza anyone?

yes please :biggrin: