Sarphir

New at crypto - new at ripple/xrp

Hi guys, after reading a lot about and following Consensus and other cryptos too, i rly dont understand why the price is not rising, not even a bit. And I dont understan why its in Korea that high. I started my Investment at Ripple when it was at the top (really stupid, of course, but i am new at trading) i bought when it was between 18000-21000 btc price.

Can someone explain me (and if it is possible in an easy way, i dont understand buissnes english that well as it is written here) why the price hang around 28 cents and 32 cents? I mean they alrdy did great news at consensus, and also the other cryptos had their days now (eth, zcash, etc, monero....)

Greetings

Sarphir (first post, i did the account right now, dont be to mad with me) =)

You have to zoom out on the charts and see what gains XRP had in the past 3 months. The gains are already pretty extreme, so some retracement and consolidation of volume is healthy. XRP seems to have already bottomed on the current retracement and just waiting for some big news to resume riding the bull. We're very very close, so just a little more patience.

Because in such a market, things won't always go up, up, up.

When you bought xrp did you intend to hold long term or did you expect to scalp some quick profits? If the latter, then I can't help you as I've stopped day trading, but if you're holding for the long term because you invested in something that you have extensively researched, then just keep holding. This is not a get-rich-quick-overnight scheme. Also, eth, zcash, etc, and monero, just like xrp, still have long ways to go.

Guest dfault123

@Sarphir We've had fantastic news for a couple years straight with relatively minor price increase following. Patience. Ripple, RCL/ILP and XRP are great bets in this space

my personal plan was to cash out back my investment and hold the profit for long term, or a bit of my investment, cause i am going to need it middle august again. Its not a greed or something, i rly believe in ripple in the company what they are doing and what they alrdy reached. I have just to learn to be patient and dont have weak hands.

(and yeah i know, only invest what i can afford to lose)

May i should edit, i bought my first 2 bitcoins last year in June and than forgot about it, and since 2 month i am reading about cryptos espacially ripple

Edited by Sarphir

21 minutes ago, Sarphir said:

Hi guys, after reading a lot about and following Consensus and other cryptos too, i rly dont understand why the price is not rising, not even a bit. And I dont understan why its in Korea that high. I started my Investment at Ripple when it was at the top (really stupid, of course, but i am new at trading) i bought when it was between 18000-21000 btc price.

Can someone explain me (and if it is possible in an easy way, i dont understand buissnes english that well as it is written here) why the price hang around 28 cents and 32 cents? I mean they alrdy did great news at consensus, and also the other cryptos had their days now (eth, zcash, etc, monero....)

Greetings

Sarphir (first post, i did the account right now, dont be to mad with me) =)

higher price in asian markets since they are new (high demand) so people can get away with selling at higher prices

dont worry about short term price like this -- focus on the 1 month chart, the trend is up up up

imo next few days we'll be approaching the 0.4s again, but could be wrong, either way, dont worry, think long-term

good luck!

personally for me, i bought xrp thinking " 3 years", i still hold to that.

if you invested as an investment and not a short term gain then i'd say ( from my limited experience) ........just hold, be patient. so many other "crypto" exchanges are accepting ( or planning to accept) xrp that it opens this market to so many new investors. Got to buy before you can sell. i refuse point blank to trade any of my xrp anymore ( until i can trade a small amount to make a "big" difference).

Welcome :) It's not very nice buying at the top, of course, but it could happen to most people! There are plenty of people who found about ripple earlier and when the price suddenly reached around 20000 satoshi some of them wanted to sell for the profit, and sold some to you... It isn't a surprise at all to me that the price has gone down a bit, but was just unfortunate timing for you.

There's also been a shift in attention to Bitcoin/Ethereum in the past few days, which when combined with the 'peaking' of ripple, has led to more of an exodus. Personally I think it's just a matter of time until this swings back the other way, people feel the price increase in their current investments have flattened off, and Ripple will start to go up again - my guess is anywhere from tomorrow to three weeks. Hope that helps, and that you soon become a millionaire =D 

Thanks to u all for the honest answers. I am not investing to become a millionaire oneday ;) To much money will not make happy too haha. BUt i am here for long term aswell, cause maybe i wanna help with housebuilding or whatever when my children (15 month and not yet born (10th of june)) are adults. i rly try to think at some other things haha, than watching every day in the forums and at polo charts

5 hours ago, Sarphir said:

my personal plan was to cash out back my investment and hold the profit for long term, or a bit of my investment, cause i am going to need it middle august again. Its not a greed or something, 

(and yeah i know, only invest what i can afford to lose)

Theres nothing wrong with greed. "Greed is goodd!" lol. Anyway.. Welcome to the forum. I hope that you enjoy yo stay here and get to learn as much as you can about this space and especialy more about xrp from this forums brilliant members. If you are in for the long term then you are in the right place and so the current prices shudnot bother you. Compared to where the prices were just a few months back am sure all long term holders dont mind the current prices one bit. Its been a long ride for most of us to get here and patience has been key.

You also mentioned your young kids. I personaly believe that anyone who can hold xrp for the next 5 to ten years or longer and forget about it wil some day wake up to find a pleasantly great surprise when they access them again. Its perfect when you are trying to invest for your kids future in my view as long as you monitor the progress.Great rewards are in store for long term holders i believe and i think even holding upto August shud put you in a good position. Now imagine holding til yo kids are adults?

Welcome to the forum once again.

Thanks for greetings. It is always calming me down, when i read some explanations of Joelkatz, or some others here. As well as bolster me up with your answers. Yesterday i had a little luck with syscoin. I came in the pump ti 9400 and could sell before the crash came. I just invested a small amount, but could double it and bought back more xrps.

Today i created a twitter acoount for following ripple and events, where they gonna be. I will looking forward next month and try to watch only 4-5 times a day the forums ;)

Have a nice night =)

9 hours ago, Sarphir said:

Thanks for greetings. It is always calming me down, when i read some explanations of Joelkatz, or some others here. As well as bolster me up with your answers. Yesterday i had a little luck with syscoin. I came in the pump ti 9400 and could sell before the crash came. I just invested a small amount, but could double it and bought back more xrps.

Today i created a twitter acoount for following ripple and events, where they gonna be. I will looking forward next month and try to watch only 4-5 times a day the forums ;)

Have a nice night =)

Only 4-5 times a day? You'll have to teach me how to be so disciplined.
If I had 1p for every time I checked the website, I would never have to invest in the first place.
Joel Katz & Nikb are such great people. I love how they have the patience/humility to keep coming back and answer the same questions, and keep us up to date with things that are happening around Ripple. I think that's one of the reasons why I'm so confident about their success and happy to invest n XRP.

P.S. congratulations with the new baby! I hope they grow up to be brilliant investors (among other things) :D