Howard26

Something isn't right?

3 minutes ago, greenwithenve said:

If Jed's selling has no affect on the market... then only one other entity that has enough selling power to control the XRP market.....

It has been confirmed many times that Ripple doesn't control the market. Why are you stuck on Jed and Ripple "selling"? What's your agenda?

My agenda is to have an honest discussion about the whole XRP market price. I believe that Ripple is being half truthful about their intention of selling XRP. If they are, then they should realize that they should let XRP price rise steadily not artificially suppressing it to keep it artificially stable. Letting it rise steadily is also a form of stability and will entice more people to buy XRP, which lead to real stability and liquidity.  

Just now, greenwithenve said:

My agenda is to have an honest discussion about the whole XRP market price. I believe that Ripple is being half truthful about their intention of selling XRP. If they are, then they should realize that they should let XRP price rise steadily not artificially suppressing it to keep it artificially stable. Letting it rise steadily is also a form of stability and will entice more people to buy XRP, which lead to real stability and liquidity.  

You're entitle to your opinion, even if it has been proven to be false. You can either search info to prove your conspiracy theory (half truth) or believe all the sources that tells you otherwise. But spreading FUD is not an option. 

1 minute ago, greenwithenve said:

An honest discussion requires an informed opinion. You have shown a general lack of knowledge of current events, operational procedure and more- all of which is a matter of public record. 

Jed is legally constrained from selling, as are ALL major holders who have purchased direct from Ripple. The court hearings, and acknowledgement of the lockup can be looked up.

Ripple has publicly stated they are not influencing the market, and are making efforts to further install that trust with a escrow lock up AND decentralizing (limiting direct influence) on the network. Past history has born this out as does future business road maps, also a matter of public record.

There are several players with sufficient holdings to influence the market, those that where early adopters or whales, but honestly suppressing the price would be of limited use because they would be decreasing their own wealth (stealing from themselves one hand to make the other hand richer).

I think everyone expected a correction after such a huge surge but from where I was sitting it looked like a manipulated walk down. The way it was pumped and then dumped lower all the way down was too obvious. I don't know who was responsible for that but it certainly gave the fudders some ammo.

1 hour ago, greenwithenve said:

I think we would love to have a slow, steady rise in the price of XRP with increasing liquidity. We are primarily VC financed and our stockholders want to get maximum value from the pile of XRP the company holds. We don't need to sell XRP to pay employees or keep the lights on. We use our pile of XRP as a strategic weapon, not as a bank account because that's what is in our interest. We *do* sell XRP when it helps us, but we don't *have* to.

Someone at consensus said that "history doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes".   I'm tired of trying to address the same arguments time and time again, especially now.    But, here we go again:

-----------------------------------

People always want someone to blame.  It all boils down to this.  If you buy XRP - you are trusting Ripple Labs.  If you don't trust Ripple Labs, sell your XRP.  No one is forcing anyone's hands here.  You can either look at the writing on the wall and say "Holy cow, all of these positive moves to help build something great are really making XRP more and more attractive"  or you can say "Things aren't going my way so this must be a scam".  You cannot hold both truths at once.  

If you disagree with the general positive outlook we all share with what RL has been doing, you are free to comment.  We don't want this to be an echo chamber.  There are several members of this forum that have given me new perspective through what I initially read as a negative post.

-----------------------------------

Buy and sell, buy and hold, sell and profit - do whatever you want - it all benefits the liquidity and transaction volumes for XRP.

A word of caution, however: Big money create traps to shake out weak hands when they decide to participate.  

Choose your path wisely, and may the odds be ever in your favor 

:) 

And I think even the biggest Ripple supporter would have to agree that there is a significant chance that Ripple could fail. The banking software side is vulnerable to a competitor with superior technology, should one emerge. The blockchain side is similarly vulnerable or could have a serious, exploitable bug. Heck, it's even possible (though I don't think likely) that an unfixable technical flaw could emerge. Ripple could fail to drive transaction volume onto XRP. Regulatory changes could make our strategy impractical. A lot of things could go wrong.

We have an amazing team of people, good financial backing, and I think our track record speaks for itself. But that is certainly no guarantee of future success.

2 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

I think we would love to have a slow, steady rise in the price of XRP with increasing liquidity. We are primarily VC financed and our stockholders want to get maximum value from the pile of XRP the company holds. We don't need to sell XRP to pay employees or keep the lights on. We use our pile of XRP as a strategic weapon, not as a bank account because that's what is in our interest. We *do* sell XRP when it helps us, but we don't *have* to.

But you didn't intervene with the crazy april/may rally ?

3 minutes ago, kanaas said:

But you didn't intervene with the crazy april/may rally ?

The only thing we could have done is sell into the rally. If we had done that at the wrong time or in the wrong amount, it could have lead to a massive crash with the price landing lower than it started. I don't think anyone's smart enough to do that in a market this volatile and dynamic.

Assuming the price holds at a higher level than it was before, which seems likely to me, this is a big help. The higher the value and liquidity of XRP, the larger the corridors we can target.

2 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

The only thing we could have done is sell into the rally. If we had done that at the wrong time or in the wrong amount, it could have lead to a massive crash with the price landing lower than it started. I don't think anyone's smart enough to do that in a market this volatile and dynamic.

Exactly what I was thinking, but it's nicer to hear it from you :) 

30 minutes ago, Dennis said:

A word of caution, however: Big money create traps to shake out weak hands when they decide to participate.  

The ones who need to hear it probably won't heed it.  Margin and stop cleaners.  It will happen.  Guaranteed.

On 5/23/2017 at 8:55 PM, Howard26 said:

I'm a strong advocate of Ripple, and specifically XRP in terms of investment.

Have made a huge return on xrp, like many of you. But I have to question how it performs in the market.

Everyone has come to realize the potential as an investment, and interest in this sense has been gaining virtually non stop but if we pay close attention to it's movement in the market something is off.

Today for example just about every other cryptocurrency made significant gains, with an average 20-40% for a large number and for the most part they were smooth transitions upward. 

Almost the entire first page of marketcap was green and then some with the 3-4 billion $ of additional capital added to the market.

But you'd never know it for xrp. Itd make a slight gain, followed by loss...then up 1 -2 cents, and immediately down by 2-3..

Sure it had another massive rally last week, and corrected in the 30 cent range which was expected.. But it really appears as though someone or a group of people could be directly influencing the market preventing it from climbing like every other.

Just when it appears to be moving upward, there's always sell off there to stop it. 

I don't see this with any other crypto so have to ask the question here. 

The market gained what 3-4 billion  $ today, I'm supposed to believe xrp saw none of it?

Considering we all know xrp was in the 40+cent range days ago, I find it difficult to believe it's just casual investors pulling profit right now that's causing this because most would be waiting for the next rally realizing they will gain at least another 15-20% if you go by the last peak.

Any ideas? 

Hey Howard, i don't pretend to have answers but i found around May 8th-9th, 2017....almost ALL CRYPTOS went for a dive...not just xrp. If i go to Polo, and review all 65 altcoins, most of them went for a dive - like a 'big buy' wall stopped by just as large a 'sell wall' around May 8th-9th, 2017. I have no answer for it. 

On 5/23/2017 at 9:33 PM, Malloy said:

I agree with your title.

Check this:

Korbi with 84M XRP traded in the last 24h, last price
516 South Korean won = 0.458208 U.S. dollars
https://www.korbit.co.kr/xrp_market

Not listed at coinmarket, neither at RippleCharts

Coinone with 117M XRP traded, last price
468 South Korean won = 0.415584 U.S. dollars

If you check the prices by pairs
Everything with decent volume is up in KRW, JPY, CNY
Everything with decent volume is down in USD, EUR, BTC

Can you see a pattern here? Especially with all the FUD in every English exchanges.

So, who's smart, who's being manipulated, who's gonna regret buying/selling...we'll see pretty soon.

Well if these are stats from last Tuesday...i wonder why we have a 25-30 cent price while South Korea pays 41-45 cents on coinone? I assume with market-making/market-movers that the price would be universally the same across the globe would it not?