cjd

Chicago Area Regular Meet-Ups (Quarterly/Semi-Annually?)

3 posts in this topic

Looking to see if there are individuals in or near the Chicago area that might be interested in doing a quarterly (or semi-annual) regular meet-up to discuss ripple/XRP and related issues?  My initial thought was monthly, but upon further contemplation I think doing it less often makes more sense, and for a couple reasons.  First, there probably isn't enough 'action' as of now to warrant that frequent of meetings, but obviously hopefully that changes.  Second, a less frequent meeting of say quarterly or semi-annual might convince some that are a bit farther away from Chicago to make the trek for the get-together.

So, who resides around Chicago that frequents this board?  Would you be open to meeting every now and then for some food, drink, and discourse on XRP and Ripple?

Obligatory disclaimer that i am certainly doing this for very selfish reasons.  I'm not exactly wired genetically to grasp all this high-tech stuff, so I'm hoping people will flock from all around to explain it to me in person. :)  

Thoughts would be appreciated by anyone even remotely interested!

Haydentiff and celticwarrior72 like this

I'm not in Chicago, but I'd be willing to come to a meeting once in awhile. It's like a 4 hour drive, but I usually end up in Chicago for a few weekends every year.

What I end up doing now (and too often), is monopolizing the conversation with Ripple talk at my Bitcoin and Ethereum meetups...