ObservantOne

There was no new announcement! You will know when there is!

On 5/22/2017 at 8:40 PM, ObservantOne said:

Seriously, there was no. New. Announcement. 

Check ripple.com for news. 

Check out nikb's twitter 

He will keep you up to date on this stuff.

Be patient. It isn't just about price, but implementation. 

Just. Be. Patient.

Are we still waiting on that announcement?

14 minutes ago, ObservantOne said:

Who knows? They are heading over to Canada for a presentation tomorrow, and on the 1st and 2nd of June they are in Berlin.

https://ripple.com/events/

Saaaay what? For some reason this slipped my radar and I had a chance to go to Toronto during this time frame as well... sigh. Oh well, looks like they are only a sponsor and not hosting/ talking about anything...

Say... I wonder how they select conference reps... If they need a national tour presence I know someone who is up to the job...

Just now, Mercury said:

Saaaay what? For some reason this slipped my radar and I had a chance to go to Toronto during this time frame as well... sigh. Oh well, looks like they are only a sponsor and not hosting/ talking about anything...

Say... I wonder how they select conference reps... If they need a national tour presence I know someone who is up to the job...

Well, I shouldn't say "they" as in everyone who was at consensus. I was talking about Ripple.

Who cares about news, we've had days of great news and went sideways.

news doesn't drive price, if it did everyone  could read an article and trade

Edited by kyriediculous

2 minutes ago, Graine said:

@Eik, JK promised to showcase "something they have never demonstrated". He also expressed surprise that the price have increased so dramatically before Consensus. 

Just wait long enough and eventually you will be well off

2 minutes ago, Graine said:

@Eik, JK promised to showcase "something they have never demonstrated". He also expressed surprise that the price have increased so dramatically before Consensus. 

I'll edit the post:

21 minutes ago, Eik said:

JK's gossiped ' big announcement' was never an announcement but a promise of a live demo that they have never demonstrated before, which they delivered. (please take time to listen/read, instead of yelling/zerping what you don't know)

5 minutes ago, Graine said:

[...] He also expressed surprise that the price have increased so dramatically before Consensus. 

Ain't we all?

5 minutes ago, Eik said:

To elaborate

• x50 price increase in 2 months is ENORMOUS
  • Rolling out Escrow and PayChan (also in last two months) is ENORMOUS
  • Having Interledger to the point that atomic transaction between e.g. Ethereum and RCL happen in seconds is ENORMOUS
  • Having Interledger to the point where a user can determine to send whichever money to whichever receiver on whichever ledger, and the transaction picks the best pathway that happens to chose RCL within seconds is ENORMOUS!!!!!

Sorry for you if you don't think this is amazing, why are YOU actually interested in Ripple?

Looking for another x50 increase in price? Greed.

I agree that all above is great (or ENORMOUS). That being said, investors (not benefactors) care about money just as Ripple, which is a private company, not a NGO.

11 minutes ago, Eik said:

To elaborate

• x50 price increase in 2 months is ENORMOUS
  • Rolling out Escrow and PayChan (also in last two months) is ENORMOUS
  • Having Interledger to the point that atomic transaction between e.g. Ethereum and RCL happen in seconds is ENORMOUS
  • Having Interledger to the point where a user can determine to send whichever money to whichever receiver on whichever ledger, and the transaction picks the best pathway that happens to chose RCL within seconds is ENORMOUS!!!!!

Sorry for you if you don't think this is amazing, why are YOU actually interested in Ripple?

Looking for another x50 increase in price? Greed.

Its come so far, great breakdown @Eik !

16 minutes ago, Eik said:

@Eik is this a stone in my garden? :) 

Ripple has had an excellent track-record this year (as always), that is true and is not disputed. 

However, none of your points address JK's cryptic message.
ILP tx we've seen before Consensus. Escrow and Paychan were rolled out before Consensus. Announcement to lock up Ripple's share came out before Consensus. The actual demo at Consensus features a "mock-up" case for a transaction, and not a live-business. 

One would expect that "something not demonstrated before" would be truly something that was not demo'd before. 

How did you read in one sentence that I don't think that Ripple is amazing is a bit beyond me. Also, Ripple being amazing has nothing to do with the question.