Sign in to follow this  
Kaze

Chatbox gone

IMHO, removing the chatbox is overkill, although I understand there aren't sufficient moderators to do QA checks on chatbox quality and content. How about making some of the more well-established veterans moderators? That might help.

I would volunteer if I had more experience moderating such forums.

Okay, serious question here: Why is the zerp box closed down?

I would say that the best way to stop all of the cross-talk about other currencies, would be to ignore those that are talking about it. Kindly redirect them back to the conversation at hand: facts, news, speculation. I also will say that it is GOOD to talk about other coins, but not so much in the zerp box. If people wish to discuss the potential of another investment, start a thread with a very good headline and if other people also want to talk about it they will join the conversation.

The zerp box is a great place for sharing information. Maybe there should be two rooms, and if people are spamming the zerp box with questions regarding alt coins then they could be kindly reminded to join the alt box.

Please bring it back....

I miss it 

:( 

Guest EffinXRP

Well that sucks. I turn on the site to read the chat box for breakfast every morning. There are not enough topics to catch up on and most of them are "Help Me" topics. Pretty much kills the reason that I come here, or at least a huge percentage. Ya know mods, sometimes there is simply nothing to talk about on the topic when we are waiting for news. Speculation and fairy tails are not healthy to promote, so yes we chat about whatever. More over what you are failing to realize is that you have created an environment where people with like minds, things in common and like goals can come together. Randomly disbanding them is probably not what they are begging for.

I am tired of Moderators that push their members around.

@karlosMy suggestion is to delete all accounts created after 1st may and let newbie pay a small amount (e.g. 20 xrp) so you know this are real xrp supporters with

interest in ripple. The news spreading in the zerpbox is so valuable.

Edited by newbee

Not least chatbox is a nice tool to increase traffic for xrpchat.com.

On top of it, who wouldn't want @JoelKatz et al communicate directly with XRPists.

Closing the box does more harm than good to this site, unfortunately.

Bring it back @karlos

Your statement is strong and understood, time to move forward and bring back the great energy chatbox delivered.

I agree that off-topics, such as alternate coins, were discussed all too often, and I once raised this point in the chatbox. But reading up in the chatbox provided me with a lot of insight into the business of Ripple Labs. I'm glad it was up as long as it was.

I will also add that the knowledge and understanding I picked up from the chatbox greatly outweighed the hype/fud noise. It will be missed.

I think it's a bad move to get rid of the zerpbox. Kind of disappointing.

However, I might just be being nostalgic and longing for the days when this community was smaller and the box less crowded... But I don't think so. I've had some very lovely exchanges on there the past couple months. Kinda sad. But it's Karlos' prerogative so whatever.

Forcing new members to prove their loyalty by paying a fee?! I don't think that sends a great message about the community