• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know removing the chatbox is an unpopular decision, but a couple of things to consider: I was constantly getting pulled up by the cloud provider about the resources it was using. It really was

How about we setup a Slack or IRC channel? Random factoid: David and I are both old hands at IRC. In a previous life, we were behind the world's most capable/performant chat server (on multiple p

We'll keep the chatbox open for now, obviously it is extremely popular. But in a few weeks I might move it off the front page to its own tab.

My only concern is that we won't have @JoelKatz , @nikb and other Ripple devs chatting with us spontaneously about important things any more. 

I think we're all capable of filtering out the unnecessary junk in an unregulated chatbox. 

That said, I am grateful for all you are doing Karlos. You deserve the final say.

While I understand the reasoning behind it being removed, I would like to give another perspective from a crypto newbie finding this site just a few days ago. I learned so much in that chat box, not only about XRP but about other coins and their relevance to XRP. Representatives from Ripple (Joel) was there live chatting, further raising my confidence in XRP. Without this chat box I would have been more on my own searching the "slow" forums and/or the web for information, with the risk of being pulled away from XRP by FUD. The chat box was an exponential learning curve for me, and I'm guessing I'm not alone.

Now again, I do understand that the old timers here would mostly see the chat box as noise, with all newbies asking "silly" questions or crying about hijacked wallets and what not, but take into consideration that we're about to enter a wave of exponential growth and there will be so many new investors thirsting for quick information and guidance, that is best given via a live chat. A chat that was debunking FUD articles in real time literally. Also, it felt like I was becoming a part of a community much quicker than traditional forum posting.

Remember, there are 800 other coins out there competing for attention and our investment $ from crypto newbies. Quick and reliable information is key!

So taking all those parameters into consideration, and looking at what's best for Ripple/XRP growth and exposure to as many investors as possible, it's clear to me that it's a huge mistake to remove that chat box.

Just my 2 humble cents.

Warg

How about we setup a Slack or IRC channel?

Random factoid: David and I are both old hands at IRC. In a previous life, we were behind the world's most capable/performant chat server (on multiple platforms: Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and IRIX) and our code routinely handled 10,000 client connections per server. 

1 minute ago, nikb said:

Random factoid: David and I are both old hands at IRC. In a previous life, we were behind the world's most capable/performant chat server (on multiple platforms: Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and IRIX) and our code routinely handled 10,000 client connections per server. 

Might need that throughput haha

1 minute ago, nikb said:

There's been a Slack for a few months, but until now has had low volume. Invite here: