• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rippledigital

Really like it so far! It's good to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) as well.

24 posts in this topic

I think some of the sections/topics could be simplified, but otherwise I really like the direction the forum's heading in thus far. How do you intend to keep out spam? Have you thought about the possibility in future of a live chat? Let me know if you need help with anything...

karlos likes this

Hi there, I'll stick around waiting to see if xrptalk come back or no. I like the sections how they are (same as xrptalk) (btw topics are slow to update on main page for new posts, maybe not something you can change)

karlos likes this

How do you intend to keep out spam?
Yeh thats a big problem hurukan had as well, the forum software has some build it protection, so lets see how it goes! Maybe I can convince some poor person to become mod and regularly delete all the junk :cool:
(btw topics are slow to update on main page for new posts, maybe not something you can change)
I noticed that as well, maybe it has to do with how the site manages is caching? Not sure if it can be fixed..

yeah takes several minutes to update :-/ also if you find a way to remove the beeping sound from the chat it would be really great, we are only 5 members in and it's already constantly beeping lol :)

yeah takes several minutes to update :-/
I'll submit a support ticket, the forum is cloud based so maybe theres a setting somewhere that can fix it.
also if you find a way to remove the beeping sound from the chat it would be really great, we are only 5 members in and it's already constantly beeping lol :)
​Ive checked at the backend, theres no way to disable sound by default. There is a setting in the chatbar you can click to "disable sound notifications". I don't think the site remembers your selection though after you log out..

also some time I have trouble accessing the site (from france) This webpage is not available ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT but not sure you can do something about it

regarding the front page showing posts very slowly I got the following response:

Yes, this issue is due to the caching used on the Amazon servers which is something we have absolutely no control over. Sorry.
So thats going to stay :(
for the chat sound I found this page: https://support.cometchat.com/docume...ming-messages/
I have lodged a ticket to get rid of the ridiculous beeping in the chatroom, lets see what happens. Its not as simple as the solution given in that document because this site runs cometchat network, not cometchat PHP.
one last suggestion, maybe (and if it's not complicated) a slightly default bigger font ? my eyes hurt lol too small (maybe a different background color too but not sure about that)
You read my mind, I need to sort this out.

(ah yes and embedded tweet support if possible lol) sorry ;x
vbulletin cloud doesn't support iframes or 3rd party mods for "security" apparently. Ill look into it a bit further.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n262[/ATTACH] the site logo cropped ? (but maybe it won't look good) -------- another suggestion: display more topics on subforums (like this one http://www.xrpchat.com/forum/ripple/general-discussion ) 10 is not enough and recent topics are too quickly on page 2
The lettering is just that bit too small for a favicon. But good work on getting the logo that small, I couldn't do it!

what do you think about adding more topics on a single page ? (maybe you like it as it is)
I think it looks ok for now.. we don't have that many topics at the moment, but certainly down the track when the topics pile up!