cristian

XRP close to losing 2nd place in market cap in favor of ETH

We're about to lose 2nd place in market cap in favor of ETH.

We are getting beat by a coin's who's transactions take hours (XBT) and another who's takes minutes (ETH).. all while XRP takes seconds. Why?

While banks decide whether to use XRP or not, Ripple should develop wallets and lobby the coin to companies like coinbase and such so e-commerce sites start using it. 

XBT and ETH will soon lower their transaction times and at that point XRP will lose his big advantage.

What's causing the XBT and ETH rise and why isn't ripple doing the same for XRP?

IMO ripple is missing the wave while waiting for SWIFT to die and there is no guarantee banks will adopt XRP.

I don't see XBT solving their transaction times problem at short term. Due to the record price of bitcoin today, XBT and in the slipstream ETH make a good day today. XPR can't win Every day after a month of a huge rise. Let's be a Little patient, our days will come.  XBT and ETH profit taking will come and I expect a reasonable part of that will flow into XPR.  Let's focus on a 30% rise till the beginning of june. then further in the summier time to the €0,5 - 06, range. Atumn 0,70s and last but not least a winter wonderland 1€ With christmast.   

Edited by ReneXRP
Some dutch autocorrect mistakes :)

37 minutes ago, Roborovskii said:

@cristian JOINED - Yesterday at 01:53 PM

So you joined just to post this? You are annoyingly ill-informed. The least you could do is read up on the fundamentals before acting like a know-it-all. Even an average trader without fundamentals would recognize the normal pull-backs and retracements during a bull-market.

... Calm your titties please.

@ReneXRP,  There's no reason for you to be condescending to new members, unless you feel it's especially important to try to make yourself look big - which it doesn't. It makes you look very small.

Edited by plutopark

Since when being #1 on CMC became an all-encompassing goal?.. If anything it's a mediocre indicator of asset performance. I'd rather see Ripple address liquidity and interoperability of XRP. 

50 minutes ago, plutopark said:

@ReneXRP,  There's no reason for you to be condescending to new members, unless you feel it's especially important to try to make yourself look big - which it doesn't. It makes you look very small.

I believe you are referring to me.

Yes there is reason to. When a new members' first post is nothing but FUD. It is very obvious why they created the account in the first place. He seeks to confuse the genuine new comers.

I will continue to be condescending to pure fudders who are just here to sow confusion, but kind to new members who are genuinely here to be part of the community. If you are easily triggered by my words (which aren't even direct at you), then just mouse over my name and ignore.

27 minutes ago, T8493 said:

What charts are you looking at? The price of XRP has recently increased 5000% or something like that.

Probably looking at the chart where he bought at the top of the latest big green candle causing him to panic.

57 minutes ago, Roborovskii said:

I believe you are referring to me.

Yes there is reason to. When a new members' first post is nothing but FUD. It is very obvious why they created the account in the first place. He seeks to confuse the genuine new comers.

I will continue to be condescending to pure fudders who are just here to sow confusion, but kind to new members who are genuinely here to be part of the community. If you are easily triggered by my words (which aren't even direct at you), then just mouse over my name and ignore.

You sure possess an extraordinary ability to read into a posting. And Yes, I was obviously referring to you. You need to learn that some level of anxiety in a newbie XRP holders is just normal human emotion. While you apparently see a tidal wave of FUD directed at everyone who reads the post, others don't, and instead see someone trying to initiate normal, albeit uninformed, dialogue. So, please get over it. XRPchat is for everyone, not just those, such as yourself, who are endued with knowledge that is superior to everyone else's.

Edited by plutopark

9 minutes ago, plutopark said:

You sure are endued with an extraordinary ability to read into a posting. And Yes, I was obviously referring to you. You need to learn that some level of anxiety in a newbie XRP holders is just normal human emotion. While you apparently see a tidal wave of FUD directed at everyone who reads the post, others don't, and instead see someone trying to initiate normal, albeit uninformed, dialogue. So, please get over it. XRPchat is for everyone, not just those, such as yourself, who have knowledge that is superior to everyone else's.

If OP kept to asking uninformed questions instead of connecting some claims to it, e.g....: 

"XBT and ETH will soon lower their transaction times and at that point XRP will lose his big advantage"

"IMO ripple is missing the wave while waiting for SWIFT to die and there is no guarantee banks will adopt XRP"

....questions like his lose their innocent character, if it was innocent to start out with. Roborovski was quick to point out it was a new account, and this combined with the two statements above does put this in the realm of FUD. The first claim is really uncredible, the second one (especially with regard to the first part) is just wild speculation based on feelings if not wrong trading decisions. 

Edited by Parabellum

12 minutes ago, plutopark said:

You sure possess an extraordinary ability to read into a posting.

Yes I do. Thank you for the compliment. ;) Reading into another person's internal psyche is part of my profession.

13 minutes ago, plutopark said:

You need to learn that some level of anxiety in a newbie XRP holders is just normal human emotion. While you apparently see a tidal wave of FUD directed at everyone who reads the post, others don't, and instead see someone trying to initiate normal, albeit uninformed, dialogue.

Since you see it differently, I invite you to put your energy and time to address @cristian 's uninformed dialogue.

18 minutes ago, plutopark said:

XRPchat is for everyone, not just those, such as yourself, who are endued with knowledge that is superior to everyone else's.

A number of old community members have left due to the influx of trollbox-like unintelligible FUD-talk. I would rather keep the old guys than turn this place into a cesspool.

5 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

If OP kept to asking uninformed questions instead of connecting some claims to it, e.g....: 

"XBT and ETH will soon lower their transaction times and at that point XRP will lose his big advantage"

"IMO ripple is missing the wave while waiting for SWIFT to die and there is no guarantee banks will adopt XRP"

....questions like his lose their innocent character, if it was innocent to start out with. Roborovski was quick to point out it was a new account, and this combined with the two statements above does put this in the realm of FUD. The first claim is really uncredible, the second one (especially with regard to the first part) is just wild speculation based on feelings if not wrong trading decisions. 

Oh, for God's sake... Do you really believe there anyone here for whom that posting generated FUD? There might be??? Ok, that explains it! Actually, he states some valid points and proposals:

1. "...Ripple should develop wallets and lobby the coin to companies like coinbase and such so e-commerce sites start using it." What's wrong with this?

2. "XBT and ETH will soon lower their transaction times and at that point XRP will lose his big advantage." Are you sure they wont'?

3. "What's causing the XBT and ETH rise and why isn't ripple doing the same for XRP?" I couldn't chart XBT, but sure looks like ETH is rising while XRP is going down (last couple of days), to me.

4. "IMO ripple is missing the wave while waiting for SWIFT to die and there is no guarantee banks will adopt XRP." This is also true.

If people want only to see pretty rosy pictures of XRP's future, a free exchange of ideas forum is not the place to look for them.

13 minutes ago, plutopark said:

3. "What's causing the XBT and ETH rise and why isn't ripple doing the same for XRP?" I couldn't chart XBT, but sure looks like ETH is rising while XRP is going down (last couple of days), to me.

The problem is that you all look at the different timeframes. Long-term holders are seeing 5000% increase, but day traders are trying to rationalize short-term price fluctuations (which are basically a random walk).