Hodor

Ripple is Aligned with Us!

52 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Many of Ripple's everyday employees are also decent-sized XRP investors and stakeholders.

That is a bold assumption, Mr. H. Do you have approximate numbers to back it?
While it is known that some employees who chose to disclose their investments are very well stocked, there is no way telling beyond guesstimating and reading tea-leaves over RCL on wallets that still retain identifiable wallet ids. 

... says the largest XRP cheerleader on this forum.

I wonder if it is because you have a lot of skin in the game that you are such a big XRP-price-increase cheerleader.

Or because you do it because you know everyone will like your posts (ofcourse a lot of people like it if is aligns with the readers personal financial interest), such that you can continue to enjoy your most 'popular contributor' status of this forum.

Even critical topics/concerns you make into: 'This is actually good for XRP. It will rise!' without proper reasoning or logic.

Edited by Eik

24 minutes ago, Graine said:

That is a bold assumption, Mr. H. Do you have approximate numbers to back it?

I do not.  I was stating a boolean, not specific numbers.  Are you arguing the point that Ripple employees own XRP?  It's fairly well-known that they do. 

5 minutes ago, Eik said:

I wonder if it is because you have a lot of skin in the game that you are such a big XRP-price-increase cheerleader.

Or because you do it because you know everyone will like your posts (ofcourse a lot of people like it if is aligns with the readers personal financial interest), such that you can continue to enjoy your most 'popular contributor' status of this forum.

Even critical topics/concerns you make into: 'This is actually good for XRP. It will rise!' without proper reasoning or logic.

This is a blatant personal attack.  @karlos can mediate this comment.  I will not respond to such obvious vitriol.

Edited by Hodor

3 minutes ago, Hodor said:

This is a blatant personal attack.  @karlos can mediate this comment.  I will not respond to such obvious vitriol.

I'm just sick of your cheer-leading in EVERY single topic, even the topics that are obviously not meant for that.

But I agree that it is personal, a lot of people seem to like your posts. Mediate, remove, ban whatever you want.

7 minutes ago, Eik said:

Doesn't this seem a bit negative?

Hodor is clearly pointing out that a.) Ripple has the most skin in this game, wanting XRP to succeed as much as any of us do, and b.) the more XRP is used/adopted, the more other entities will find  more use-cases or even wish to PARTNER with Ripple! I have said as much myself, though I would like to point out that NOBODY has made snide remarks towards me.

Afraid that XRP is going to tank!? NOT TO WORRY! If you get into this investment of the mindset that you are going to make quick profits rather than holding patiently for the long game to come to fruition, prepare to be disappointed. 

Shorters gon'short.

N get rekt.

Just now, Eik said:

I'm just sick of your cheer-leading in EVERY single topic, even the topics that are obviously not meant for that.

This is not accurate as other readers can attest.  I stick to the facts and conduct pretty thorough research on my subjects.  The only difference is that from your perspective I am wrong.  But let's be clear about one thing - that is your opinion, which I respect as another forum member. 

The key is to stick to describing your persepctive, and then to be able to back it up with facts or reasoning, and not to perform personal attacks when you disagree with somebody. 

2 minutes ago, Eik said:

But I agree that it is personal, a lot of people seem to like your posts. Mediate, remove, ban whatever you want.

I would appreciate it if you just stopped the behavior, but again, I do not respond to personal attacks.  Please stop them.  @karlos If you can mediate, that would be great at this point. 

1 minute ago, Eik said:

:) Pass by his post rather than blatantly attack him. 

As far as I can tell, he hasn't done you a disservice nor has he caused you any problems. 

Kindly keep your man-pleaser shut if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation :) 

Fair points.

Ok, so when I find 'too much cheerleading' (according to me) posts that are not correct or not at the right place (according to me) I will challenge the post in a decent manner and I can expect a response back from you?

3 minutes ago, Eik said:

Fair points.

Ok, so when I find 'too much cheerleading' (according to me) posts that are not correct or not at the right place (according to me) I will challenge the post in a decent manner and I can expect a response back from you?

From me? I'd gladly debate or discuss anything. 
I like to make jokes, I like to poke fun. I do NOT like to attack or hurt another person. 

Maybe that is just me :)

Take care

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

Ripple Employees' XRP

Many of Ripple's everyday employees are also decent-sized XRP investors and stakeholders.  They are interested in the same things we are - to increase their wealth over time and save as a potential nest egg for their family.  This aligns their actions and goals with our own in a very big way: not only are they working at an eminent financial technology company headquartered in Silicon Valley, they are working to further their own interests at the same time.  This is like an employee stock ownership plan on steroids!

You state this as a fact. It makes readers believe this is factual information, while you have not actual clue why they are holding XRP but rather only guess. Furthermore, you base all of this on the very recent statements from Ripple's CEO that XRP price appreciation is also important for them (before that, this was the opposite)

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

Strength Leading to More Strength

When XRP appreciates to a signficant level, Ripple will become one of the largest companies in the financial sector, valued in accordance with the market capitaliation of its XRP holdings.  This increase in valuation will bring sizable business investment and powerful alliances that will continue to help the company expand and acheive dominance in financial technology.  This, in turn, will enahnce the usage of XRP throughout the ecosystem.  

Ripple is standing with you side by side to increase XRP's usage and value!  :sun_bespectacled:

Correction: it is expected to increase/enhance the usage of XRP. It is not a given.

18 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Are you arguing the point that Ripple employees own XRP?

No. I know there are some employees that do. See, Mr. Katz, for instance. We were told that Ripple has an internal trader competition that incentivises employees to trade XRP. 
Ripple Inc has ~200 employees. I'd wager many of them have company equity, but I can't know for certain. I'd think it's the bigger number than those who have XRP bags. 

Mr.H, you have said "Many of Ripple's everyday employees are also decent-sized XRP investors". Thus I am wondering how many is many: 100/200, 180/200? What size is 'decent'? 

Just now, Graine said:

Mr.H, you have said "Many of Ripple's everyday employees are also decent-sized XRP investors". Thus I am wondering how many is many: 100/200, 180/200? What size is 'decent'? 

Mr. G, I was using "many" to indicate at least the original members of the dev. team, plus founders, for certain.  In addition, I've seen some posts from others that indicate that in the early days, anyway, Ripple employees could opt to receive their pay in XRP.  I didn't make THIS claim, however, because I've never seen it backed up....

Huffington Post Author Updates Article with a correction..Here it is

UPDATE - 5/18:

Despite the lockup announcement, some online are still complaining about how Ripple can “dump” up to one billion in XRP per month under the agreement. It should be pretty clear this isn’t a get rich quick scheme, but a way to fund operational growth and expenses.

For the past 18 months, Ripple has sold 300 million XRP per month. The new lock up arrangement allows them to sell around three times that amount. Sounds like a lot, but not when you put it in perspective. Consider that XRP today trades at over 50X the market cap and 1,000X the daily volume that it did at the beginning of this year. That means the one billion XRP that Ripple has the option to sell each month will be felt enormously less than it was before. You probably didn’t even know they were selling 300 million XRP a month for the last year and a half. If the market didn’t feel it then, it definitely won’t feel it now.

Finally, Ripple isn’t necessarily going to sell the full one billion XRP maximum they are permitted to each month. They’re only selling what they need to grow the company and hire more power players, like the former business director of SWIFT, in order to take Ripple and XRP to new heights.

Disclosure: I personally own some XRP.

Correction: a previous version of this article incorrectly stated that the price of XRP is of no consequence to Ripple with the thinking they only want very low volatility. While low volatility and stout stability is a heavy focus of theirs, they are keen to see the price rise.