• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nedkt

DDOS attacks

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks, first post here. I have done a significant amount of research and a while ago consolidated my digital assets to XRP. I am holding a long term position with XRP no matter the intermediate behavior. That said, I have a question that perhaps someone could provide insight on.

What is driving the DDOS attacks on Poloniex (also other sites?) during XRP rallies? It seems to have killed a few upswings during the resulting panic. Is it as simple as manipulation for profit or is it driven by some broader agenda of opposition by people opposed to XRP on "political"/personal grounds (or perhaps both)?

Thanks. 

Edited by Nedkt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi folks, first post here. I have done a significant amount of research and a while ago consolidated my digital assets to XRP. I am holding a long term position with XRP no matter the intermediate behavior. That said, I have a question that perhaps someone could provide insight on.
What is driving the DDOS attacks on Poloniex (also other sites?) during XRP rallies? I seems to have killed a few upswings during the resulting panic. Is it as simple as manipulation for profit or is it driven by some broader agenda of opposition by people opposed to XRP on "political"/personal grounds (or perhaps both)?
Thanks. 

Bitcoin community. Xrp has all the ingredients to beat it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DarthTrader likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nikosuave007 said:

Bitcoin community. Xrp has all the ingredients to beat it.

I really haven't though too deeply about it, or seen any hard evidence to date, but I suppose people could definitely profit off of it if they sold directly before a coordinated DDOS attack.  Then they buy back in during the resulting downswing, fattening their amount of XRP reserves.  (hence an increase in their net wealth) 

So... if we play detective, we can deduce that indeed there is a financial incentive from traders of XRP itself.  I don't like to think about this possibility, but on a positive note, if that's the way they're getting more XRP, it's evidence that they want more XRP, right?  So it's kind of a sales pitch in itself.

If it's a contingent of Bitcoin antagonists, then they would be doing this to try to inhibit growth of the XRP ecosystem.  At this point, I'd say "Good luck with that."  They might try, but we're way past the "tipping point" for XRP adoption now, and the momentum of the market is clearly behind the growth of the banking and forex token.

BBS and kiwissz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nikosuave007 said:


Bitcoin community. Xrp has all the ingredients to beat it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
 

XRP has the ingredients I agree , but it seems to me a serious issue. I find the total lack of action by Poloniex to be confusing. DDOS mitigation isn't that hard for a site with the resources that should be available to them.

kiwissz and BBS like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nedkt said:

DDOS mitigation isn't that hard for a site with the resources that should be available to them

Poloniex continues to be more positive than negative IMO at this point, but I've got to admit I've had the same thought. 

T8493 and BBS like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I signed up just to reply to this topic.

XRP crashed 3 times and each of those 3 times Poloniex crashed, I was watching the entire time all 3 times and every time nobody was able to trade and someone was able to sell off a lot liquidating a lot of folks in Margins on Polo.

Every time the site goes down like this I have snapshots of many many people saying they are not able to sell or buy anything. And yet somehow other people are.

Its been pretty shady to nearly Yobit levels lately on Polo I was very disappointed that after April 1st they were able to let it happen 2 more times over a month later.

As a Software Engineer and IT Contractor I can tell you that this was totally unacceptable and most likely an inside Polo job. Funny things been happening with peoples margins too like entire cash outs when should've only sold off a little bit and what not so they can load up on peoples XRP. Its pretty bad right now on Polo. I hope it gets fixed if that's what the real issue is but it sure seems to be a lot more than that and the site only ever crashes when XRP leads the Volume so I don't know.

Mod on Polo told me the fact Polo only crashes when XRP goes up was "entirely coincidental" I made sure I snap shotted that because that basically confirmed that it does indeed crash when XRP goes up.

I guarantee you if people don't stand up and take notice right now its going to happen again and a lot of goof people are going to scammed by Polo out of their coins once again. IMHO Polo should be getting in lot of crap for what they did to people.

Edited by vanhalendlrband

xh3b4sd and Global like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vanhalendlrband said:

I signed up just to reply to this topic.

XRP crashed 3 times and each of those 3 times Poloniex crashed, I was watching the entire time all 3 times and every time nobody was able to trade and someone was able to sell off a lot liquidating a lot of folks in Margins on Polo.

Every time the site goes down like this I have snapshots of many many people saying they are not able to sell or buy anything. And yet somehow other people are.

Its been pretty shady to nearly Yobit levels lately on Polo I was very disappointed that after April 1st they were able to let it happen 2 more times over a month later.

As a Software Engineer and IT Contractor I can tell you that this was totally unacceptable and most likely an inside Polo job. Funny things been happening with peoples margins too like entire cash outs when should've only sold off a little bit and what not so they can load up on peoples XRP. Its pretty bad right now on Polo. I hope it gets fixed if that's what the real issue is but it sure seems to be a lot more than that and the site only ever crashes when XRP leads the Volume so I don't know.

Mod on Polo told me the fact Polo only crashes when XRP goes up was "entirely coincidental" I made sure I snap shotted that because that basically confirmed that it does indeed crash when XRP goes up.

I guarantee you if people don't stand up and take notice right now its going to happen again and a lot of goof people are going to scammed by Polo out of their coins once again. IMHO Polo should be getting in lot of crap for what they did to people.

I saw much the same thing. Each DDOS was timed to either an XRP crash or it happened during an XRP run-up and directly contributed to a crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Advertisement