• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hodor

How Technology Is Closing The Financial Accessibility Gap

4 posts in this topic

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesrealestatecouncil/2017/05/18/how-technology-is-closing-the-financial-accessibility-gap/#6f03e4138e20

Now, as financial services become increasingly digitized, users are able to manage their entire spectrum of financial needs online or from a mobile device – both mediums that offer a more intuitive user experience.

In China, it's off the charts how many payments are settled using mobile tech.  It's also getting that way here in the States.  One other thing that the article didn't cover is how micropayments will help reach the under-banked.  Ripple's payment channels are positioned perfectly to provide micropayment support.  https://ripple.com/build/payment-channels-tutorial/ 

the types of goods and services that are a good fit for payment channels are:......

......Inexpensive things, where the cost of processing a transaction is a non-trivial portion of the price

Anyway, it's about time that the mainstream press picked this item up (micropayments and the underbanked) and covered it with some accuracy ... with a mention of Ripple payment channels.

19 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Went into this link and found another link:

"Do you work at a bank? The Ripple Developer Center is not intended for you. Please contact us. We would love to help!"

Is not intended for people working in a bank...?

Anyway - you are pointing at a possible new use case for XRP, besides the cross border payments between banks. Like me and the online stores are banks too..using the same technology. Is there any team at Ripple`s working on this?

3 hours ago, ripplegigolo said:

Went into this link and found another link:

"Do you work at a bank? The Ripple Developer Center is not intended for you. Please contact us. We would love to help!"

Is not intended for people working in a bank...?

What you're referring to is this:

top_border_bank.thumb.jpg.ec8f24f276a0558f2df59e4b4067132d.jpg

I think they're just trying to route potential customers from banks to a more customer-friendly channel is all.  I think they take bank integrations VERY seriously (without being dismissive of other dev's wanting to build on RCL however)

I just see this as a customer management strategy, or are you reading something else into this?

When I say "micropayments", I'm referring to the same types of payments that seem to be referenced in Ripple's payment channels tutorial, which for me is good news - their payment channels allow blazing transaction speed and low cost; a perfect fit! 

ripplegigolo likes this

Sorry, my misunderstanding then. Your answer confirming what I have learned about Ripple so far. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------

To your tread:

"The payer is an individual person or institution using the Ripple Consensus Ledger who is a customer of the payee"

This one is new to me; individuals. Guess I`m a slow learner, but Ripple actually making their technology available to individuals and micropayment. Thought that was a potential development to come later on. The dimensions of Ripple are just amazing.

Edited by ripplegigolo