rippleric

We need a standardised online protocol for payments: Ripple

17 hours ago, beyond73 said:

What on earth is Suspay? Sounds interesting:rolleyes:

Suspended payments, introduced with this commit: https://github.com/ripple/rippled/commit/3f0eacf5e70c43715a1e726d7a228d0ee307ee4e. Basically, a suspended payment "sequesters" the specified amount of XRP in its own ledger entry until either the suspended payment is completed (and the XRP is delivered to the destination) or canceled (and the XRP is returned to sender).

I guess you could say it's similar to escrow, but this is done directly in the ledger, without the involvement of a third party. 

1 minute ago, nikb said:

Suspended payments, introduced with this commit: https://github.com/ripple/rippled/commit/3f0eacf5e70c43715a1e726d7a228d0ee307ee4e. Basically, a suspended payment "sequesters" the specified amount of XRP in its own ledger entry until either the suspended payment is completed (and the XRP is delivered to the destination) or canceled (and the XRP is returned to sender).

I guess you could say it's similar to escrow, but this is done directly in the ledger, without the involvement of a third party. 

Nikb, can one specify which accounts (private keys) can complete (release) the payment and which accounts can cancel suspended payment? 

On 11/17/2015, 11:20:56, Zooplankton said:

Any idea how SUS pay affects demand for xrp? My guess is it makes xrp more attractive, higher in demand.

Why should it?

Suspay is just a feature for suspended payments. Maybe if that is used to have full compliance with ILP AND if ILP succeeds than MAYBE we can see an increasing demand of XRP.

"A suspended payment ("SusPay") sequesters XRP in its own ledger entry until a SusPayFinish or a SusPayCancel transaction mentioning the ledger entry is successfully applied to the ledger. If the SusPayFinish succeeds, the destination account (which must exist) receives the XRP. If the SusPayCancel succeeds, the account which created the SusPay is credited the XRP."

SusPay only works with XRP as the escrow asset.