what!! got an email from gatehub asks for reseting password

kiwissz

On 5/18/2017 at 2:20 PM, enej said:

DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS. THE EMAIL HAS NOT BEEN SENT BY GATEHUB !!!

Anyone who has an example of this email please forward it to security@gatehub.net so we can take a closer look and take appropriate actions to take the scamming domain offline.

Thank you.

Does Gatehub send out "new device" emails? I received 2 early this morning. 

(I didn't attempt to log in recently at all.)

IMG_6924.JPG

18 minutes ago, T8493 said:

Yes, GateHub sends "new device" emails. Although sometimes they send such emails even if you log in from the same device. 

Before this, I haven't attempted to logon in over a week. ☹️

I hate people. I forwarded the emails to Gatehub. I checked the access history in Gatehub and there hasn't been anything recent so I guess the "new device" obstacle stopped whoever attempted this. That's good. 

<sigh> 

6 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

Before this, I haven't attempted to logon in over a week. ☹️

I hate people. I forwarded the emails to Gatehub. I checked the access history in Gatehub and there hasn't been anything recent so I guess the "new device" obstacle stopped whoever attempted this. That's good. 

I would also consider changing your passwords from a "safe" computer. I think - but I'm not 100% sure - that GateHub only sends "new device" emails after someone provides the correct password (first they ask for username + password and if the password is correct, then they check if it is the "new device"; if password is not correct, they don't send "new device" emails).

5 minutes ago, T8493 said:

I would also consider changing your passwords from a "safe" computer. I think - but I'm not 100% sure - that GateHub only sends "new device" emails after someone provides the correct password (first they ask for username + password and if the password is correct, then they check if it is the "new device"; if password is not correct, they don't send "new device" emails).

Does Gatehub receive anymore identifying info other than the IP address?  If I suspected somebody of doing this, is there anything I can check? 

12 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

Does Gatehub receive anymore identifying info other than the IP address?  If I suspected somebody of doing this, is there anything I can check? 

Besides the IP address, they *maybe* log other info such as browser type & version, cookies, etc. But nothing more personal.

If you suspect somebody, you can check if he/she uses this IP address. For example, email headers often (but not always) contain IP address of the sender.

8 minutes ago, T8493 said:

Besides the IP address, they *maybe* log other info such as browser type & version, cookies, etc. But nothing more personal.

If you suspect somebody, you can check if he/she uses this IP address. For example, email headers often (but not always) contain IP address of the sender.

This person is out of town and would've been using somebody else's wifi. A hotel maybe.

But what if this person also logged into their Gatehub account before or after? 

Just now, TiffanyHayden said:

This person is out of town and would've been using somebody else's wifi. A hotel maybe.

But what if this person also logged into their Gatehub account before or after? 

GateHub can find this in theory.

But the problem is that GateHub is in EU. In EU is it illegal to reveal this information to you (without e.g. a court order, etc.).

6 minutes ago, T8493 said:

GateHub can find this in theory.

But the problem is that GateHub is in EU. In EU is it illegal to reveal this information to you (without e.g. a court order, etc.).

Thanks.

I doubt they would've logged in before/after anyway.