Required

Need help to migrate my ripple account to gatehub

Hi Mercury,

Could gatehub tell me if my migration took place or not? Because when searching through the emails I can't see any mail from gatehub saying welcome to gatehub etc etc. But it seems my migration took place, it states that when I go through they migration from my Ripple username and password.

By i think i was under rippletrade, I found this from an email they sent from 2015.

Gatehub are taking ages to reply back. They have their address in London England not sure if they would see to anyone there.

Iv'e set up a new email password with gatehub now I'm going to see if I can log in to the wallet with my Ripple username and password, would this be correct?

Mercury I'll be away all day Thursday. Unfortunately the new work I have I'm not sat behind a computer desk. It's pretty much manual work. I'll be on the east coast travelling.

@Required Did you resolve this yet?

I'll tell you what I had to do over this last 10 days or so...

I didn't have my old Ripple account info.

I didn't have a gatehub account.

I hadn't looked at ripples since 2013.

I created a gatehub account.

I went to rippletrade to verify my identity :https://id.ripple.com/auth/migrate

I created a new ripple wallet (not on gatehub)

I got a page that asked for info like:

Which of these zipcodes are you familiar with?

Which address are you familiar with?

Etc.

It actually wasn't that easy to verify my identify cause some of the questions related to old addresses or my mom's address! etc.

I was sent a page that said my identification was going through a manual review.

It has taken about 10 days and obviously I was pulling my hair out during that time.

Finally, I logged back into rippletrade with my new account info and was presented with a migrate button.

That sent me to gatehub. While at gate hub I connected to a gateway (xrp). Then I was able to select where to import coins from and one of the options (far right) listed Ripple Trade. I clicked that and migrated the account and wallah.

Sory this couldn't be in the exact order of things that needed to be done. I'm going off of memory.

Hope this helps.

@rdot

Thank you for your response.

I created and joined up with Ripple at the back end of 2014 so i dont need to go through the verification and create a new username and password (is that correct?)

I've emailed Ripple they got back saying the've reviewed my account and said my identity may be pending with gatehub. Since then I've emailed gatehub (more than one occasion) asking them what us going on? Still haven't had a response. It's really frustrating because I wanted to trade some of my xrp's. Looking at today's price it's dropped more than 50% so I'm losing out.

would anyone know if Ripple had a recovery key with 32 characters? because I know gatehub has. The recovery key i have is not excepted at Gatehub.

I've checked on Ripple account explorer the funds are all intact and not been touched for a while.

Edited by Required

On 29/05/2017 at 0:51 AM, rdot said:

@Required Did you resolve this yet?

I'll tell you what I had to do over this last 10 days or so...

I didn't have my old Ripple account info.

I didn't have a gatehub account.

I hadn't looked at ripples since 2013.

I created a gatehub account.

I went to rippletrade to verify my identity :https://id.ripple.com/auth/migrate

I created a new ripple wallet (not on gatehub)

I got a page that asked for info like:

Which of these zipcodes are you familiar with?

Which address are you familiar with?

Etc.

It actually wasn't that easy to verify my identify cause some of the questions related to old addresses or my mom's address! etc.

I was sent a page that said my identification was going through a manual review.

It has taken about 10 days and obviously I was pulling my hair out during that time.

Finally, I logged back into rippletrade with my new account info and was presented with a migrate button.

That sent me to gatehub. While at gate hub I connected to a gateway (xrp). Then I was able to select where to import coins from and one of the options (far right) listed Ripple Trade. I clicked that and migrated the account and wallah.

Sory this couldn't be in the exact order of things that needed to be done. I'm going off of memory.

Hope this helps.

@rdot

Where did you create the ripple wallet? If it wasn't gatehub?

Edited by Required

I couldn't recover my Ripples.

I tried decrypting my wallet backup file with a desktop client with my password (and any similar/plausible passwords). Might be that the wallet file is in a different format, or the encryption methods different than the one generated by the old ripple.com/wallet web app from 2013.

Any help still appreciated.

Does anybody of you know what exact file format and encryption method was used when exporting the wallet backup file in Ripple web client from year 2013?

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, picnik said:

I couldn't recover my Ripples.

I tried decrypting my wallet backup file with a desktop client with my password (and any similar/plausible passwords). Might be that the wallet file is in a different format, or the encryption methods different than the one generated by the old ripple.com/wallet web app from 2013.

Any help still appreciated.

Does anybody of you know what exact file format and encryption method was used when exporting the wallet backup file in Ripple web client from year 2013?

Do you think you remember your username and password and for some reason it's still not working or do you not remember your userid/password?

In other words are you trying to login with your userid/password and it's not working or have you forgotten your userid/password?

On 12/27/2017 at 9:13 AM, rdot said:

Do you think you remember your username and password and for some reason it's still not working or do you not remember your userid/password?

In other words are you trying to login with your userid/password and it's not working or have you forgotten your userid/password?

I think remember my username&password, yes (I am 98% sure). For some reason it is not working on GateHub.

I tried to import my old encrypted wallet backup file (exported long time ago from online Ripple wallet) into a Ripple Desktop Client Wallet App. The Desktop Wallet App now asked for the password to decrypt the file and I entered my password, the wallet app rejected my password (and I also  tried many variations of my password). The Wallet app does not ask for a username.

My wallet file `xxxxx.txt` contains only BASE64 encoded data - It looks like this:

eyJ...z2ZETVWlNA5T0sW9ETETVWlNA5T0sWVWlNA5T0sWETVWlNA5T0sWXJ...n0=

(File starts with `eyJ` then threre's 490 characters (az-AZ0-9) and ends with `n0=`, so a total of 496 characters)

Is there a commandline tool (or simple piece of code) which can extract my ripple secret key from this enrypted file?