wiredless1

Consensus: Something New will be demo'ed. What Do You Think It Will Be?

Since most of us are in the habit of trying to guess what happens next, why not dig deep into your brainstorming or analytical mind to come up with what "the announcement" will be at Consensus next week?

Something new that's not been demoed before is how @JoelKatz referenced it late last week.

A feature update?
A new strategy?
Different interoperability?
Fiat securitization?
A mobile game-changer?
An alliance?
A partnership?
A buy-out
A lock-up?

Whether you think traditionally (yes, this is already possible in the crypto space) or so far out of the box that you haven't even found the cardboard for the box yet, put your tame and wild ideas out here for the hodlers to munch on while the new-found money coming into Zerpland chews up sell orders by the hour.  Have fun!

I think it will be the lockup. But for this to have maximum impact, I hope the event will already be announced this week, including the specifics so not to raise false expectations.

Price would rocket, market cap of bitcoin already exceeded before the event, making the event and the amount involved with the biggest cryptocurrency transaction in history even more mindblowing spectacular. Massive press coverage!

Dreaming?

Oh and I hope @JoelKatz executes the transaction by slamming a button with a big man-sized hammer.

kop_van_jut_stock.jpg

41 minutes ago, lucky said:

Oh and I hope @JoelKatz executes the transaction by slamming a button with a big man-sized hammer.

Guess with ll the madness going on with XRP on Polo, I rather think JK might prefer a small hammer making not to much noise. 

I don't think they will introduce lock-up (if at all) on the conference.

It will be something related to Ripple's achievements, not their strategy regarding XRP. They introduced tons of awesome features in the last months, enough to make a nice demo showcasing all of them. Including ILP demo from android phone.

Longshot idea

Demo of paychan with  ILP. 

https://github.com/ripple/ilp-plugin-xrp-paychan/blob/master/README.md

To make this idea wild and crazy, the purpose of using paychan with ILP will be for an XRP trust in which XRP II will fund the channel with a large amount of XRP, the trust will be able to pull XRP as subscriptions come in, sending usd back.  

This would open XRP up to institutional investors and also in a sense lock up XRP, before - while it's sitting in the channel waiting to be claimed and after claim while it's in the trust (besides the small amount which may hit the mkt due to liquidation in order to cover trust fees). 

11 minutes ago, Kakoyla said:

Longshot idea

Demo of paychan with  ILP. 

https://github.com/ripple/ilp-plugin-xrp-paychan/blob/master/README.md

To make this idea wild and crazy, the purpose of using paychan with ILP will be for an XRP trust in which XRP II will fund the channel with a large amount of XRP, the trust will be able to pull XRP as subscriptions come in, sending usd back.  

This would open XRP up to institutional investors and also in a sense lock up XRP, before - while it's sitting in the channel waiting to be claimed and after claim while it's in the trust (besides the small amount which may hit the mkt due to liquidation in order to cover trust fees). 

Not sure if I understand. You mean an automated XRP 'dispenser'? Ripple's XRP's are locked up in the payment channel, and will be released if and only if there is a USD payment on the trust. Effectively guaranteeing no XRP dump will happen as XRP's are only released if someone is willing to pay for it?

45 minutes ago, Eik said:

I don't think they will introduce lock-up (if at all) on the conference.

It will be something related to Ripple's achievements, not their strategy regarding XRP. They introduced tons of awesome features in the last months, enough to make a nice demo showcasing all of them. Including ILP demo from android phone.

Agreed.  I don't think lock-up is a Consensus event

2 minutes ago, Eik said:

Effectively guaranteeing no XRP dump will happen as XRP's are only released if someone is willing to pay for it?

Not just someone /anyone. It would only be released if the Trust is willing to pay.  And only released to the trust's account / wallet address, which would be the destination specified in the paymentchannelcreate, ...in theory

Just now, thetamind said:

A new RCL power exchange to free xrp from the grasp of polo...

Lockup announcement on may 28th...

Those are my guesses.

There has been a leak and here's what's going to be demo'ed:

- Demo of XRP-PayChan, XRP-Escrow and Ethereum integrations