Reuters article this morning entitled 'U.S. Treasury considering all tools to stop North Korea financing: official'.

If the US, in cooperation with its global finance partners, choose to "choke" digital currencies via all means available, isn't there a fair risk that this entire marketplace gets disrupted until the threat of Mr. Kim is mitigated?  
-  conduct DDOS on major exchanges
-  disallow BTC transactions
-  put all currencies in "transfer pergatory"
-  pump false alts as honey pots for the N. Korean hacks
-  etc. etc.

Does the possibility of specific global threats impact your investments?  
Does the possibility of certain global threats outweigh others for you, or do you simply "index them" and go hell-bent-for-leather, as it used to be said in the US of A?

Your opinions, please.

"Hello, is this the NSA? Got anything, anything  really strong to throw at the crypto world for a few months? Oh, I should call Israel?  Or Russia? Thanks. I think I'll have M5 do that for us."

Edited by wiredless1
grammatical errors

Hmm, thats interesting.  i guess they DDOS exchanges and put pressure on US exchanges if they wanted. im not really sure how they could "disallow BTC transactions" though.  my sense is they are more concerned with fiat anyway.  they probably need to stop that before they worry about digital currencies.  if we do go to war with N. Korea, it will be a boon for digital currencies tho.

i really dont think that the crypto space will have anything to worry about. As toobhunter noted they are more concerned with fiat. You just have to look at the world stage and this is my area of expertise. You have to let the citizens...who are the innocent one by the way...have some room to breathe. They will squeeze the country by squeezing or tightening fiat and live the North Koreans to look for other ways out and they will probably turn to crypto.You see...On the international stage history matters .Russia is an example. The US of A tried so much to damage their economy but they left the Russians to look for alternatives and many turned to crypto. The US of A has a mega issue with Assad in Syria but for all their sanctions they have not bothered to take away their access to crypto. Personally I have NK as an opportunity for crypto because if the US of A is gonna do something to that country the North Koreans will have crypto to run to and this will be a huge boost to the crypto space.  Watch this space but I honestly think that cryto will not be "choked" by the US and its allies inorder to get to North Korea. There are so many other methods they can use to choke the country financially without touching crypto for example through fiat and also through China reducing or stopping its trade deals with the country all together which leaves crypto as the best life line for the North Koreans so that they can have room to ride out whatever is coming which presents crypto with a massive opportunity to grow. Dont worry. BTC transactions will be fine as well as the rest of the space and we could see some pretty huge growth in crypto instead.

if anything i think crypto will make it easier to throttle finance in/out of n korea 

and the NSA will soon (if they didn't already) crack most bitcoin based tech, but won't reveal they've done so just like the brits during ww2

crypto is a weapon of war as well as a tool of peace

make no mistake, the world's intel agencies are very well into the crypto world -- they have to be

people thinking they are making anon payments today in dash or zcash or whatever, are going to have a BIG surprise tomorrow

ripple either way has no worries, it's designed for transparency and control 

Edited by zerpdigger

56 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

make no mistake, the world's intel agencies are very well into the crypto world -- they have to be

people thinking they are making anon payments today in dash or zcash or whatever, are going to have a BIG surprise tomorrow

True. All you have to do is look at how most of all those people carrying out nefarious activities on BTC and the dark web have been busted although admittedly dash and zcash are more private. But still the worlds intel agencies must be onto this. There is so much money exchanging hands on the blockchain they just have to be or else they risk going blind and and falling many steps behind the "bad" guys. For all we know..as you mentioned..they have might have already cracked most of if not all of the blockchain technology but the world knows nothing about it.  I really think though that when it comes to NK all of crypto will be alright. If they are ro intervene in the crypto space in regards to NK I think they will just go after specific leaders of that country that will be using crypto as an escape instead of blanketing the whole country with a "choke" on the tech.

https://medium.com/@bitmintnews/the-nsa-dilemma-versus-the-bitcoin-ransom-attack-a1e26402966d

The NSA and its peer houses of cryptanalysis have secretly pierced the bitcoin veil, and happily exploit this feat. Doing so with utmost care not to disclose, not even to hint, that bitcoin has become transparent to a powerful combination of mathematical shortcuts, accelerated brute force cryptanalysis, and massive Big Data analytics.

It's a open secret that while North Korea does have some in house hacking expertise they mostly contract out to mercenary hackers. A lot of recent high profile hacking has had some "links" to North Korea either at their bequest or through groups they have funded. Even if North Korea never directly attacks crypto the fact that there is links between the two might throw shade on it.
Let's say war breaks out, be sure those that routingly send or receive crypto would be under extra scrutiny