Sign in to follow this  
Hodor

Do Validators Need to Reduce Activation Fee?

I didn't think we'd be having to ask about this so soon, but due to the recent price increases, I think Ripple should look at lowering the activation fee. 

What say you?

The original thread has kind of faded, but if the mods want to re-combine & reboot it, that's fine with me... 

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/4125-proposal-validators-should-decrease-wallet-activation-fee/#comment-39977

1 XRP is .288 CAD each and there is buy support for 25 cents each.

This needs to be done Ripple Inc. Soon, as in before XRP is a 50 cents each CAD, contact me before I contact you because I know your representatives monitor this board.

I do not care that I signed a document that says to not contact your company, I will contact you about this, I am just extremely, extremely busy & everyone knows it. If I receive a lawsuit then the Ripple community will flip its sh!t so you are all hereby forewarned that that portion of that contract is no longer enforceable so do not let it cross the compliance team's collective consciousness; It will end extremely badly for all parties involved.

I purposely did not shoot myself in the foot by talking about this arrangement publicly before, so now is as good as time as any to get this BS out of the way.  XRPchat can discuss if a 25 year old living on a disability support program in Canada is "worth Ripple's time or not" now that I have proven myself myself competent since summer 2014.

Edited by Twarden

7 minutes ago, dierstekker said:

No idea what @Twarden is talking about. 

Sorry

People should monitor Gateway market maker accounts in addition to gateway wallets:  https://charts.ripple.com/#/transactions/19DB559DD8273E2BEECDF19BDF57966AB56A701F14C4AA58B64A011AC21D12DD

EDIT: Yes, I know, it sucks to be me now doesn't it but at least Chris Larsen is no longer CEO and a poison pill imho.

Edited by Twarden

A reserve requirement of 20 xrp, is only $4 right now.

I see no reason this could not be $100 without causing a problem. Business use cases will not bat an eyelash at $100, if they can save thousands. 

Ledger bloat is more of a problem than "losing" $100 to gain access to RCL imho.

Xrp going up concerns me more from a cost/tx point of view. That said it only has to be better than existing systems / options, which are all expensive and slow af.

And there is ILP, so... 

Edit: double checked the tx fee. Xrp would have to be $1000 for the tx fee to be $.01. So i doubt that would ever happen, but even if it did, I dont see $.01 as being cost prohibitive as compared to alternatives.

Edited by KarmaCoverage

4 hours ago, Twarden said:

The only thing I want to add to this thread is that @KarmaCoverage received a lot of my labour for free in the past in regards to his Insurance Prototype;  I encourage him to make amends privately.

I will add that 

1. Im not inclined to get into a p*ssing match

2. As I recall we exchanged a few emails and I  think one Skype call, no work was done, nor agreed to be done.

That said, I like what you have done with the Canadian gateway. Keep that effort up and it should payoff for you.

Cheers 

Edited by KarmaCoverage