fatcat

The great XRP deception

Firstly, congrats to all the XRP hodlers - you are all getting rich.  Your patience has paid off.

Secondly, there is not a single shred of evidence that banks are either accumulating XRP or using XRP as a bridge asset anywhere on RCL.  This indicates that the current speculative fervor is a massive bubble that will collapse.  And particularly since Ripple's institutional product uses ILP, without clarification from Ripple about the non-existant use of XRP by institutions, this euphoric wave is is little more than a deception that will end in tears.

there is not a single shred of evidence that banks are either accumulating XRP or using XRP as a bridge asset anywhere on RCL.

More than shreds of evidence exist. Dig deeper or further afield. Since it appears that your conclusion is based on a false premise, I am comfortable that we're in much better shape than what it seems you're hoping for. If it's a scare tactic on your part, I'm not buying it. If it's "buyer beware" comment, I say thank you. I tell myself this when things go crazy like it appears to be doing (on its surface). I disagree, though, with your reasons for being cautious.

Dont forget Ripple is a worldwide company, setup a global payments steering group, setup sbi ripple asia consortium, collabs with w3c (web payments standards), IMF, hires Miguel Vias from CME Group / Bank of America gets integration of their ILP product in Android ... even the Dutch Central Bank mentioned it 2 years ago in their annual report. They have such a big influence on the fintech already .. in my opinion it's really Ripple that pushed the fintech.

If such a company explicitly and literally says XRP is part of their core business, and offers new jobs hires for XRP market related jobs ....
Of course nothing is certain, but I really do believe Ripple is working hard at achieving succes with xrp.

Guest Dizer

Guys, this forum has a really useful IGNORE button. Comes in handy when you read garbage like what  the original poster wrote. This guy is a well known FUDder and Ripple hater. Don't waste precious minutes of your life trying to convince him. 

he does kinda have a point tho, but for diff reasons -- this isn't really a rally because people are getting the (potential, as yet unrealised) power of xrp in cross-border settlement, etc etc ;; nope, this is an entire market in a bubble... look at stellar right now... no.2 on polo, up over 120% last few days

i do think xrp is the only POTENTIALLY useful asset there i.e. beyond pure speculating, but this pump/bubble isn't proof of anything special for ripple... but it IS incentive as JK said for ripple to pursue this potential goldmine 

be careful out there if you're buying in lately... if you bought in near the bottom, sub-penny etc, enjoy the ride! 

I am so happy to see so many people making noises here and actually building the hard core of courage and integrity. Ignoring problems is not an option. Of course it makes sense to ignore certain trolls but in the first place we live all together on this planet and have to go into the future all together. Let us not get blind on the eye watching out for individuals building up walls to separate us. It is quite political and philosophical, but it is super important to not close our eyes as soon as something reaches the horizon and does not confirm our own echo chamber. Let the community thrive together, with all its differences, but lets not allow certain mindsets to leave these behind who show us the other side of the coin. We have to work together no matter what. Please keep this in mind when there is somebody who has another stance. So keep grinding folks. 

@xh3b4sd There really is no problem having different thoughts / sharing opinions, but please keep it kind and sincere.

Fatcat said things like XRP is dead, the true believers left, nobody believes the XRP story, said he sold all his XRP, XRP has no future, is not scalable etc ...
complete trolling in my opinion. And he keeps coming back to be negative about anything.

I know I should ignore him but I want people see that some people are more trolls than people having a normal conversation.

Edited by dekaasboer

Fatcat last December:

XRP is still a thing? LOL. It's dead people. Even the true believers left in the last 12 months.

Fatcat now:

this euphoric wave is is little more than a deception that will end in tears.

I fail to see why anybody would put any faith in your forecasts. You should get a new hobby.