Hodor

Wall Street is piling into a 'game-changing' technology

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

The most significant impediment, according to the Greenwich report, is vested interest in legacy systems. What we have now works and has worked, although it's not as optimized as it could and should be.

This is correct but we used to send a letter etc. in "the mail" there is a reason we now use email :)

4 hours ago, Hodor said:

I forgot to post the graphics - Note how the Ripple (RCL and XRP) "sweet spot" is #1 in both graphics.  Reduced Operational Costs & Payments:

benefits.jpg.5efa86301e895461afd01f3bcb74d739.jpg

benefits2.jpg.e0d790c575cb1943bfbf8f26f17ebe62.jpg

Ripple's solution actually cover ALL of those benefits not just the first 2, and better than anyone else at this point in time.

2 hours ago, PerfectPint said:

This is correct but we used to send a letter etc. in "the mail" there is a reason we now use email :)

Yup.  Was literally thinking of the same email to post office mail analogy when I read about the legacy thing.  In other words, like almost everything in life, monetary considerations regarding maintaining inefficient systems and impeding innovation due to OLD money.

Just a few thoughts...

In the mid 90's domain names were first registered. They were new and part of a new technology which was not in the public's eye. I have friends who were early adapters to this new technology and they saw how it was going to be a dynamic part of what we call the internet. Four and five figure investments turned into seven figure returns. Just one example of this is the domain name *****.com which was bought by the Domain King Rick Schwartz for $42K in 1997 and sold in 2015 for almost $9M https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Schwartz_(domainer). Very few people understood or saw the potential for this new technology in its infancy but those who did made life changing money. I see crypto currencies and especially XRP as the same situation. 

I think with any new technology you have to ask yourself is this something that is truly needed? Will this new technology do a better job than the one that is being used currently (Swift)? Well on Friday morning I was at my bank when the doors opened. I sent a bank wire to Gatehub... my funds have still not arrived and won't until Monday. If my bank and Gatehub were utilizing Ripple the funds I sent would have been there in seconds not to mention it would have cost less. So IMO the answer is obvious... Ripple should and most likely will be a big part of the future. Those who realize this the soonest will reap the greatest return.

Bravo PerfectPint.  You summed it up brilliantly.  The fees & lag times associated with cross boarder payments are ridiculous!  I personally deal with & make it work but in 2017, lets face it, its unacceptable.