Sign in to follow this  
Althair

Payment volumes up to 600 MILLION USD...

Did I get it wrong, or Ripple payment volume is now on 600 million USD, while few weeks ago it was at no more than 40 or 50 million USD?

Is this because the 75 banks are operating on the ripple payment network?

3 hours ago, zerpdigger said:

xrp payment(s) -- prob just one or two xrp accounts changing hands

Huh.  Okay then - but I've never seen it like that before - and it's getting some press "out there": 
https://steemit.com/xrp/@steempowerwhale/look-at-the-huge-ripple-network-payment-level

Look at the Huge Ripple Network Payment Level

Ripple Network Payment Volume $ 658,907,076.72

14 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Huh.  Okay then - but I've never seen it like that before - and it's getting some press "out there": 

i think it's just 'cos the price is high... everything is more wow when there are bubbles like this

if the same amount of xrp was transferred back at 0.007 ish, it wouldn't hae caused much of a stir... prob just "ah that's ripple do some security moves"

that being said... VERY happy to be wrong!

9 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

i think it's just 'cos the price is high

No, the price is still low.  If XRP were priced appropriately by the Crypto investors based on usability and use cases, and transaction times and other measurable factors, we'd be priced much higher than we're at now.  This current adjustment gets us a little of the way there - and it's not a bubble if it's reflective of a geometric increase in investment - it's "something else." 

Bitcoin wen through this as well in the early days before it hit dollar parity. 

Now it's XRP's turn. 

If you ever suddenly see ~5B XRP moved from one account to the other, it's most likely Ripple the company moving funds due to whatever reasons. Unless it comes from ~XRP-II to a new wallet and the same amount is reflected in distribution report - then someone bought the amount mentioned. 

Sign in to follow this