James K. Filan - Ripple has filed its Redacted Reply

HAL1000

Having read through this masterpiece, my take, the Judge would have to be criminally negligent to hand the SEC the power they seek via this case. It clearly lays out why the court should not give the SEC powers that congress and the law, never meant the SEC to have. If the SEC want the power they seek, it should go through a democratic process and not left to an unelected bunch of seriously misguided power hungry officials, who obviously do not work for investors.

This is insanely bullish for the crypto industry long term, the SEC have been winging it and have been for a very long time in the crypto space. This is about putting THEM back in their lane, XRP is not a security, most cryptos are not securities and a bunch of people and their powerful friends can not control what the whole world does, with digital assets.

Edited by HAL1000

I love this bit:-

"The Securities Act offers a specific definition of “securities,” and it is not, as the SEC suggests, any assets a company sells to raise capital. It also defies common sense: all business revenue that is not distributed to equity holders goes toward operations in some manner, so the SEC’s position would transform every asset sale into a security. If Ford uses revenue from car sales to build a new assembly plant, neither its cars nor its sales of cars thereby become securities; like wise for computers from IBM, oil from Chevron, gold from Newmont, or shoes from Nike – even if the buyer hopes to turn a profit off the purchase."

1 hour ago, panmores said:

So what's your take on the SEC's reply? They seem overly self-confident.

I ain't got time left in my life to read a load of BS written by a bunch of criminals, who seem to want to say, anything brought and sold can become a security, on nothing more than their say so. This is ultimately what this case boils down to, no agency and no human beings should have that kind of power, its insanity. Which is precisely why John Deaton has brought his class action. If the SEC win this case, then forget fair market competition in the USA for a long time, this agency and it's friends will have to be bribed and at the highest levels, so as to get anywhere with them.

FRdYp2WX0AE2y-Y.jpg:large

GENSLER IS CURRUPT, HIS FRIENDS IN CONGRESS ARE CURRUPT

The SEC are not trying to protect investors, they are protecting a clique at the expense of many legitimate investors and companies, they are acting like modern day privateers. It's sad to think that these criminals, may get the chance to pick winners and losers in the USA on nothing more than the collective whim of a very particular criminal elite. The fact that SBF isn't in jail yet, along with FTX's collapse, if that doesn't spell it out to you by now, then nothing will.

I think I will let Tony from thinking crypto sum it up...

Edited by HAL1000

Soo, after almost 2 years we are now at that point everyone was waiting for - SJ is fully briefed, both sides arguments (except a few redactions) are layed out in front of us... What are the "experts" saying now? How weak or strong are each arguments?  Deaton? Hogan? Anyone?

On 12/3/2022 at 5:23 PM, Julian_Williams said:

I think in Britain the tabloids would have jumped on this story, or am I naive? (there was a lot of corruption in the Johnson gov't that seems to have gone un-questioned). 

Iraq war dossier under Blair? 

18 hours ago, VanHasen said:

Soo, after almost 2 years we are now at that point everyone was waiting for - SJ is fully briefed, both sides arguments (except a few redactions) are layed out in front of us... What are the "experts" saying now? How weak or strong are each arguments?  Deaton? Hogan? Anyone?

thoughts anyone?