Torres rules sec to turn over hinman documents

VanHasen

2 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

I guess will see if hiding the  e-mails was to buy time or was it to cover something up. If we never see them then settlement.

I think objecting to netburns ruling didnt affect any timelines. There at least has to be something awkward in the drafts for the sec (which doesnt mean it will help ripple). Question is, how bad could it be for them to further appeal this ruling?!

The SEC doesn’t need to be hiding anything as a reason to appeal. They have infinite time and infinite money. Ripple has neither. The more appeals the more money it costs ripple in both real dollars and opportunity cost. It’s painful but this is why everyone settles with them.

45 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

The SEC doesn’t need to be hiding anything as a reason to appeal. They have infinite time and infinite money. Ripple has neither. The more appeals the more money it costs ripple in both real dollars and opportunity cost. It’s painful but this is why everyone settles with them.

SJ already goes without the mail drafts or fnd and cant be delayed anymore. Ripple made that decision months ago.

Incase this goes to trial, sec's options to further delay handing over the docs and potentially affect trial dates are very limited given that the trial would begin somewhere in fall 2023 - which means that time is no longer a reason to delay/appeal

If they appeal, they really do not want to turn over the docs because of damaging reasons (whatever that is) 

Edited by VanHasen

11 minutes ago, VanHasen said:

SJ already goes without the mail drafts or fnd and cant be delayed anymore. Ripple made that decision months ago.

Incase this goes to trial, sec's options to further delay handing over the docs and potentially affect trial dates are very limited given that the trial would begin somewhere in fall 2023 - which means that time is no longer a reason to delay/appeal

If they appeal, they really do not want to turn over the docs because of damaging reasons (whatever that is) 

What if we find out the emails don't contain anything positive for Ripple? What if the SEC was just using these emails as a distraction for Ripple to waste time and resources on? They might have been playing us the whole time. I'm just saying it's a possibility.

4 hours ago, xrp_sea said:

What if we find out the emails don't contain anything positive for Ripple? What if the SEC was just using these emails as a distraction for Ripple to waste time and resources on? They might have been playing us the whole time. I'm just saying it's a possibility.

that was my thinking all the way along, and now we get to see if the SEC shows its bluff or really hides something. They cant delay any timelines in this case anymore with refusing to hand the documents over.

If ripple gets them now without any further appeal, you may be right and there is nothing in them

10 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I am more interested to hear the result of SJ on the LBY case since it could go either way

I am not that positive on that one tbh. I recall deaton saying he was not happy with the judge in lbry case after he attended the SJ hearing

On a side note, its crazy that libry still doesnt know if they have to go to trial on monday