SEC and Ripple Both filed Summary Judgement early - Stuart Alderoty says SEC have no case

• Julian_Williams changed the title to SEC and Ripple Both filed Summary Judgement early - Stuart Alderaty says SEC have no case
  • Julian_Williams changed the title to SEC and Ripple Both filed Summary Judgement early - Stuart Alderoty says SEC have no case

In a way it is ironic that if Ripple wins this case, it will benefit XRP price and hence will also benefit its owners significantly. Which could be seen to undermine the outcome that XRP is not a security and that efforts of Ripple do benefit the XRP holders.

But what I think actually happens is that Ripple winning this case will give XRP more utility. Utility not only for Ripple, but for any users of XRP (e.g. it can be offered again on US exchanges and others can use it without the burden of it being a security). And more utility will lead to a price increase of the asset. 

I'm halfway through the Ripple motion and find it quite readable. Looking forward to the experts opinions :) 

Edit: hmm, well actually rethinking it, it does add utility, but in the first place only for Ripple, it is after all Ripple that is or is not selling it as a security. If anybody else wants to sell it, just have to make sure that they do not sell it as a security. I guess added value is also the clarity, that's a benefit for the whole crypto, my 2cts

Edited by jn_r