fatcat

What happened to Vinnie?

Vinnie used to be a Ripple employee.  Vinnie used to have a few hundred million XRP.  Vinnie used to post here.  Did he just disappear?

Another question: if Ripple's hypothesis about banks using XRP for minimizing the legs needed in an FX conversion is correct, then why wouldn't banks use a) BTC which is far more liquid, or B) just fork RCL and use their own version of XRP?  If the RCL is the answer, then the banks will just spin up a new one without Chris/Jed/Arthur taking 20% off the top, without some random SV startup holding another 50% and without a bunch of random people (us) holding pennies worth of what should be an institutional level currency.

Fanboys - let's hear what you have.

Note that fatcat, sorry to say, is pretty negative (trolling in my opinion) about XRP.
I don't understand why someone who is saying XRP is dead, the true believers left, nobody believes the XRP story, said he sold all his XRP, XRP has no future, is not scalable etc is still interested in XRP when it's having success :/

I appreciate JoelKatz effort to explain it but knowing your history and something like "Fanboys - let's hear what you have.", I personally don't feel any urge to reply.

1 hour ago, fatcat said:

Vinnie used to be a Ripple employee.  Vinnie used to have a few hundred million XRP.  Vinnie used to post here.  Did he just disappear?

Another question: if Ripple's hypothesis about banks using XRP for minimizing the legs needed in an FX conversion is correct, then why wouldn't banks use a) BTC which is far more liquid, or B) just fork RCL and use their own version of XRP?  If the RCL is the answer, then the banks will just spin up a new one without Chris/Jed/Arthur taking 20% off the top, without some random SV startup holding another 50% and without a bunch of random people (us) holding pennies worth of what should be an institutional level currency.

I was expecting you. Price is moving up because fatcat is back. Sorry you sold too soon. Be nice and maybe we will donate to you ;) 

1 hour ago, Mercury said:

@Joelkatz I can't help but feel the urge to take you to bar and get you drunk enougj to get you spill all those secrets you know.

Just wait for the movie, FriendFace got one, I'm sure Ripple can too.

Joel can write the script.

1 hour ago, tomb said:

I was expecting you. Price is moving up because fatcat is back. Sorry you sold too soon. Be nice and maybe we will donate to you ;) 

i guess some people believes the stupid idea of trolling leading to panic, enabling them to buy at cheaper price then they can switch sides. I have seen it happening to lot msg box of lot of good stocks, somebody shortsells and then panic begins, he/she is ready to go to any level to get back to break even... Do you guys think it was similar situation with this member....???

3 hours ago, fatcat said:

1. I guess you have your answer from Joel . But now could you please answer below 
  2.  If Ripple is dead why 10 banks recently joined with the total team of 75 banks..? or you think you are smarter in analysing fundamentals of all these super smart analysts on the bank payroll who thought Ripple is the best option available. 
  3. If xrp does not have potential why the accounts are being created at super fast speed and price is picking up when most of them know about 100 billion dollar supply in future.
  4. or you think you are smarter than IMF guys who need advisory from Chris larsen

Do you hold some bitcoins and may be you are too scared or invested over your limit that Xrp potential can kill your  far fetched  dream of btc reaching " half a million dollar each " 

Why do you think they were able to gather 55 million dollars if their projects did not carry weight.. ?   Do you have any better project, i mean you should if you are genius enough to find fault in this much smart project.. or it can be simple scenario that criticizing is easy part compared to being constructive and positive. 

Whatever your ulterior motives are my friend,  nobody can obstruct the way of truth and that is, at this  very moment,  Ripple is reaping reward of their vision, their decisions of working with regulators, paying to harvard educated or experienced government employees who know their stuff.  After all one should not forget that Ripple is backed by Google, who practically owns the world at the moment. 

Edited by RDS