🤡 SEC VILE Video Mocking Retail Investors in Crypto & Stocks

FrankChou

The official SEC YouTube channel just shared a video making fun of retail investors implying that they are at fault for the meme stock (GameStop, AMC, Blackberry, etc.) & crypto crisis and saying they do not do their research before investing

When I think of well regulated markets, and the seriousness and care that should be taken when defining the rules that affect within the U.S. alone 350,000,000 people, this is not what comes to mind. Seems the opposite of a class act.

Posted (edited)

Eh, "never interrupt your enemy when he has been in academia for too long and has adopted a professorial arrogance born of dealing with wide-eyed students who know nothing, which disconnects him from the reality of the marketplace - and its inhabitants/participants - and makes him terribly irritable, not only to his own staff but also to those over whom he'd rule..."

Or words to that effect... :)

He's doin' great;  let him be!

He's making new "friends"...

More show up every day! :)

What a gift, this administry!

(Of course, I'm a comedian.)

So... their mileage may vary.

:D

Edited by NightJanitor
And now a word from the Once and Future Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee: https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/1307421592411156482

The arrogance and condescension of the SEC is pretty breathtaking. It speaks to how they view those they are supposed to serve. This is Public Choice economics playing out. But to be fair, they did also release such a video in 2008 mocking Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs, and countless global banks for buying what were clearly garbage sub prime mortgages and going bankrupt.....oh wait, that's right, the gov wrote them checks to save them instead. Please, someone tell me again how financial regulation is there to protect us.

Rarely do I agree with Carville (though usually somewhat entertained), but he called it with his "faculty lounge" comment.

This admin is infested with it...  No wonder they want to cancel student debt - they all feel guilty for making bank off the students they conned into going into debt for the rest of their lives to listen to them bloviate before rotating back to gov.

(Well, okay, they *should* feel guilty... but, you know, maybe they're just trying to buy votes.  Call me skeptical if must...)

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe they were wrong, but I still think it’s not the best way to treat humans. These guys are pretty smart, and maybe it was just their move to reach the hype. Every comment and post about them makes them more famous and brings money. Didn’t you think of that? Even if they look stupid in this video, they earn much more than we people mocking them. So who’s smarter? IDK, I want to start investing. I don’t believe in such retailers, but I’ve found a site where you can invest for free, and I’m so going to try it. If it works, I will raise money from nothing. What do you guys think of that idea?

Edited by DaemondVeer