DEATON BEATIN' coming to the SEC!

FrankChou

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RobertHarpool said:

Deaton's letter to Judge Torres is thorough, professional, clear, reasonable, respectful and determined. Deaton has clearly stepped up to the plate on this one ... saying the right thing, at the right time, to the right people, in the right way, about the right topic. I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG to suspect Deaton had succumbed to all the attention he was getting,  and was no longer really working for the XRP Community. He has done a GREAT job. A really great job.

I agree 100%. 

Also, i dont see one reason for torres to not allow this. Its exactly for what she has granted amicus status in the first place and deaton is making that point very clear. 

Also notable, see how quick the sec again is threatening with another extension of time if deaton gets granted. 

It seems in the telegram case doodey's report played a very important role for the judge to rule in favour of the SEC. Doodey is basically sec's expert for presenting to the court what holders actually thought when purchasing the asset in charge. 

Well deaton comes with 67k xrp holders and more than 3000 signed affidavits stating how xrp got purchased and used with no connection to ripple. 

This could evolve into some big developements in this case re xrp in secondary markets and it could weaken sec's case against ripple tremendously... and boy am i happy that this issue isnt going to be decided by netburn.

Lets see...

Edited by VanHasen

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RobertHarpool said:

If those aren't ur preferred learning styles, here's a brief breakdown: 

• The SEC hired an expert witness (Doody) to analyze/opine on the perspective of a reasonable purchaser of XRP. 

First of all, the guy's name is "Doody"... Not to be too kindergarten about it, but that says alot, in itself... :)

Secondly, I flash upon reading a bunch of econ books long ago and remember how I had to suck nicotine in order to get through Amartya Sen constantly bitching about "human chimneys" - like, dude, this is econ, not divinity school;  shut up - but those are exactly the guys who think they have a monopoly on what is and is not "reasonable" - and it's remarkable - still - how easily they're able (and/or blind to) their own tendencies to substitute their own judgments for those of others.

Lots of people think karma is a *****.  They ain't met hubris.  Hamartia, baby.  Hamartia.  (I'd like to squash some Doody.)

(And, yes, I'm one of those awful h-droppers when I say these words out loud...) :)

(Also, Deaton filed this on Armed Forces Day in the States - not lost on me, buddy!)

Best Clint Eastwood imitation:  "We move swift.  We move silent.  We move deadly."

Edited by NightJanitor
ooh-rah!

Imagine some affidavits stating that people bought XRP because it fits perfectly with hinmans "framework" he laid out with his ETH-free pass speech

"Puting aside the fundraising... due to its decentralized nature... we do not believe its a security..."

I remember when hinman gave his speech and there was talk from both Gensler and Clayton about decentralization, thinking if they are being honest then xrp should be in the clear. I was wrong and here we are.